Looking for super scrumptious Thanksgiving desserts? You will love these easy pecan pie bars! These pecan pie bars are quick to make, bake up perfectly every time, and are one of our family-favorite recipes! Use our simple pecan bars recipe to make a yummy fall dessert perfect for a potluck, Sunday dinner, friends, or holiday treat!
Pecan Pie Bars
Nothings says delicious like warm pecan squares! These decadent pecan bars are easy-to-make and so delicious. We especially enjoy making this pecan pie bars recipe during Autumn or for Thanksgiving or Christmas. This is a real treat that tastes sweet and satisfying with the balance of protein-rich pecan nuts! Your family will love these Southern pecan pie bars!
Pecan Pie Bars Recipe
To make this recipe you will need some common pantry items:
- pecan halves
- dark corn syrup
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- white sugar
To begin, you will make the crust by melting 2 sticks of butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook until the butter smells nutty, about 5 minutes. Pour the melted butter into a bowl to stop it from cooking any more. Add in 3/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and whisk together. Now add 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour and stir until fully moistened.
Pecan Bars Recipe
Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray and then line with parchment paper, hanging excess over the edges of the pan to easily lift it out when done. Press the crust evenly on the bottom of the baking pan to reach all the corners.
Bake in pre-heated 350 F oven for 15 minutes.
While the crust is baking make the filling. In a large bowl shisk together 2 stick of melted butter, 1 cup dark corn syrup, 1 cup light brown sugar, 4 large eggs, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract. Carefully stir in the pecan halves.
Easy Pecan Pie Bars
Pour pecan mixture over the baked pie crust. Bake at 350 F for 30-35 minutes longer or until the top is puffed and set, but not wiggling.
Southern Pecan Pie Bars
Allow the bars to cool completely in the pan.
Pecan Squares Recipe
When cool, lift the parchment paper to remove the bars. Carefully cut in squares and serve. This is what I use to cut it easily!
This is such an easy, but oh-so-delicious fall dessert! My family loves it even more than pecan pie!
These easy pecan pie bars are the perfect Thanksgiving desserts! The squares bake up perfectly every time, and are a family-favorite recipes!
So grab a couple ingredients and make these yummy, homemade pecan pie bars today!
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- The BEST Monkey Bread Recipe
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Flavorful Peach Bread with pecans
- Easy Banana Walnut Bread
- Cheesey Hashbrown Casserole
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Delicious Cinnamon Coffee Cake with cinnamon streussal filling and crumb topping
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- Yummy Gingerbread Waffles
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Hambone Soup Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
- Easy Black Bean Soup Recipe
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Outrageously good Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Best Potato Salad loaded up with bacon, eggs, cheese, and more!
- Snicker Apple Salad Recipe – my kids favorite Thanksgiving dish!
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad with Cashews, Bacon, and tangy dressing!
- Maple Orange Glazed Ham
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- Quick and Easy Orange Couscous Chicken
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Yummy Orange Chicken Pasta is perfect for a quick weekday supper
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Quick and Easy Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
Breads and Side Dishes
- Angel Rolls – The BEST Homemade Crescent Rolls
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Southern Corn Spoon Bread
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
- Holiday Green Bean Casserole
- Smoked Green Beans – cook in the oven or smoker
- Best Sweet Potato Casserole
- Family Favorite Cornbread Stuffing
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Homemade Butterscotch Pudidng Recipe
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Easy Pecan Pie Bars
- Refreshing Lemonade Cake
- Easy Fall Dessert – a mix and dump pumpkin cake that EVERYONE will love!
- Super Easy Date Bars with nuts
- Scrumptious Homemade Cherry Pie
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Perfect for summer, Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Crumb Bars
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- Creamy Peaches and Cream Ice Cream recipe
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- Easy, frozen Summer Strawberry Dessert
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- Leftover Pie Crust Pinwheels
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Oh-so-Delicious Tres Leches Cake is quick and easy to make!
- Buttery Spritz Cookies
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- Easy, Homemade Oven Baked Caramel Popcorn
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- Quick and EASY Bagel Dip
- Homemade Apple Hand Pies with carmel dipping sauce
- Creamy, Homemade White Hot Chocolate Recipe
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
- Easy Homemade Hot Cocoa
- You’ve got to try this incredible Homemade Eggnog recipe
EASY Pecan Pie Bars
For the Filling
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups pecan halves
For the Crust
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar granulated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray the bottom and sides of a 13x9-inch baking pan with baking spray. Line the pan with parchment paper letting the excess extend over the edges of the pan - this allows it to pop out easily for cutting into bars.
- Melt butter in sauce pan and cook over medium about 5 minutes or until the butter smells nutty, do not get it too dark! Remove from heat and whisk in the sugar and salt. Add the flour and stir until it is fully moistened. Press the crust evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking pan, making sure to get all the way to all the edges of the pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, in a large bowl whisk together melted butter, corn syrup, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and salt until smooth. Carefully stir in the pecan halves.
- Pour the pecan filling over the baked crust and bake for an additional 30 to 35 minutes or until the topping is puffed and set. When done, it should not wiggle. Let the bars cool completely in the pan. Now, use the excess parchment to lift the bars out of the pan. Cut into squares to serve. Yum!