This festive BEST Wassail Recipe is our families favorite! It isn’t Christmas until we’ve made a couple batches of this warm, fruity drink that smells like Christmas while it is brewing. And this traditional wassail recipe tastes even better going down! This is a holiday drink for the whole family!
A lot of traditional wassail recipes out there are not much more than apple cider and cinnamon. Not so with this family favorite, BEST Wassail Recipe! This recipe combines several ingredients to make an amazing blend that will smell and taste like the best Christmas drink you’ve ever had!
Traditional wassail recipe
This Wassail recipe is our families traditional recipe we use every year. Kids and adults alike enjoy the festive smell and flavor, plus the warm drink warms us up on those cold winter days.
Traditional Wassail Recipe
Add in 1/3 cup of honey.
Next add in 1/3 teaspoon nutmeg plus a couple dashes of cinnamon if you like.
Now zest a lemon (or use store bought lemon peel, but fresh is better) and then cut the lemon in half and sqeeze out the lemon juice to add to the pot.
Hot Apple Cider
After you’ve simmered all the ingredients together so the flavors mix together you will have this amazing, festive wassail all ready to serve.
- My Famous Twice Baked Potatoes with Cream Cheese
- Super easy Best bbq chicken sandwich recipe
- Yummy Blueberry Muffins
- Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls that taste better than Cinnabon!
- Zucchini Coffee Cake with an amazing streusel topping
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is a special fall treat
- Easy Bread Machine English Muffin Recipe that is waaaaay better than store bought!
- Family favorite Easy Egg Casserole to throw together for company or holiday!
- Delicious Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal
- Make Ahead French Toast Casserole – my father-in-law always says it tastes like great grandma’s bread pudding
- Breakfast Casserole with Croutons is super easy with just the right seasoning
- Disney themed Loaded Mashed Potato Waffles
- Easy Breakfast Pizza recipe
- Healthy and decadent Chocolate Blueberry Overnight Oats
- Easy Yeastless Bread Recipe
- Simple Meat Lasagna Recipe my great-aunt always made
- Loaded Easy Corn Chowder Recipe
- Family Favorite Homemade Taco Pizza
- General Tso Chicken Recipe – better than takeout!
- Delicious Thanksgiving Soup we make from leftover turkey
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Crockpot -a fall breakfast recipe that tastes like dessert
- Easy Pumpkin Chili recipe your family will crave
- Best Ever Tomato Soup (the secret ingredient is bacon!)
- Easy Green Chicken Soup Recipe is super quick and satisfying
- Sweet Chili Recipe is super easy to make and a yummy comfort food!
- Apple Soup Recipe for Fall – tastes like fall in a bowl!
- Pizza Quesadilla is a quick and easy lunch recipe
- Serious this Easy Gingerbread Recipe makes the best, softest Gingerbread man ever!
- Melt in your mouth sugar cookie recipes – my secret recipe
- My family loves these cookies with snickers
- Best Oriental Slaw recipe
- My Great-Grandma’s Orange Rolls Recipe
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- You’ve got to try my copycat Dave’s gourmet butternut squash pasta sauce recipe
- My kid’s favorite – Target Monster Cookie Recipe
- Fall favorite Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- See all of our favorite family recipes here
BEST Wassail Recipe
- 8 cups apple cider
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 1/3 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- In large pot combine all ingredients and simmer to blend ingredients.HINT: We grate the peel of a lemon and squeeze the juice of the same lemon to give us what we need for this recipe.