Does your family enjoy a Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad Recipe as part of your Thanksgiving spread? There are lots of variations on the broccoli cauliflower bacon salad out there, but this one with the sweet and tangy dressing, bacon, cashews, and red onions is not only pretty and healthy, but incredibly tasty and satisfying too! Our company always compliments our thanksgiving side dishes with this cashew broccoli salad as their favorite! Let me share our Thanksgiving salad recipes with you!
Jump to Recipe
Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
As a kid I wasn’t really excited about vegetables and tried to avoid them at all costs, expecially on holidays like Thanksgiving when there were so many other yummy side dishes and salads to try (like my favorite Snicker Apple Salad). But broccoli and cauliflower salad was my one exception – the vegetables were actually yummy with the dress-ups and sweet tangy dressing of this Thanksgiving salad. There are lots of versions of this broccoli Cauliflowre salad recipe out there. Growing up my dad put sunflower seeds and bacon in his, but this one with bacon, red onions, and cashews is my favorite that we serve as one of our Thanksgiving side dishes is my favorite!
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
Let’s start by making sure you have all the ingredients for this simple, super yummy salad!
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1 cup cashews (or sunflower seeds if you prefer)
- 1 bunch cauliflower
- 1 and ½ cup mayo (I like the olive oil based one)
- 1/2 red onion,
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 lb bacon
- 3 TAB apple cider vinegar
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad Recipe
Start by washing and chopping the broccoli and cauliflower. You can buy pre-chopped bags to save time if you prefer. You want bite size pieces, discard the stems.
Cashew Broccoli Salad
Slice the red onion into slivers. This not only adds a beautiful pop of color to your salad, but gives it a nice twang.
Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad Recipe
Mix the chopped broccoli, cauliflower, and sliced red onions together.
Broccoli Cauliflower Bacon Salad
Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat, turning as needed, until it is nice and crisp. Set aside and crumble when cooled enough to handle.
Make the salad dressing by mixing the mayo, sugar & apple cider vinegar in a small bowl until well combined.
Thanskgiving Salad Recipes
If you are making the dish ahead, stop here. You have a bowl of chopped veggies ready to go, salad dressing already combined, crumbled bacon, and cashews. If you combine the dressing when making it ahead the veggies will get soggy.
Thanksgiving side dishes
Just before serving toss the dressing with the veggies until it is equally distributed, using just as much dressing as you like in your salad. Add bacon and cashews and toss to combine.
Your family and friends will love this special salad recipe that is pretty, colorful, filled with good-for-you-vegetables, and so tasty too!
Each bite has a wonderful mix of veggies, crunch, flavorful bacon, and balancing dressing.
We like to serve this for Thanksgiving along with turkey, mashed potatoes, rolls, stuffing, and sweet potato casserole. Here are our favorite recipes:
We also make this for Christmas and Easter and eat it alongside ham and our famous twice baked potatoes!
- Snicker Apple Salad Recipe – my kids favorite Thanksgiving dish!
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad with Cashews, Bacon, and tangy dressing!
- Holiday Green Bean Casserole
- Best Sweet Potato Casserole
- Turkey Cinnamon Rolls by tucking in bacon to make turkey feathers
- I like to make this pineapple cream cheese dip and use peppers to create a turkey head and feathers
Best Thanksgiving Recipes
- Family Favorite Cornbread Stuffing
- Oreo Turkey snack for kids
- Leftover Pie Crust Pinwheels
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Save some turkey for this yummy Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Flavorful Peach Bread with pecans
- Easy Banana Walnut Bread
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Delicious Cinnamon Coffee Cake with cinnamon streussal filling and crumb topping
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Hambone Soup Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Best Potato Salad loaded up with bacon, eggs, cheese, and more!
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- Quick and Easy Orange Couscous Chicken
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Yummy Orange Chicken Pasta is perfect for a quick weekday supper
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Refreshing Lemonade Cake
- Easy Fall Dessert – a mix and dump pumpkin cake that EVERYONE will love!
- Scrumptious Homemade Cherry Pie
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Perfect for summer, Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Crumb Bars
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- Creamy Peaches and Cream Ice Cream recipe
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- Easy, frozen Summer Strawberry Dessert
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Oh-so-Delicious Tres Leches Cake is quick and easy to make!
- Buttery Spritz Cookies
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- Easy, Homemade Oven Baked Caramel Popcorn
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- Quick and EASY Bagel Dip
- Homemade Apple Hand Pies with carmel dipping sauce
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Breads and Side Dishes
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Southern Corn Spoon Bread
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Smoked Green Beans – cook in the oven or smoker
Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad with Bacon and Cashews
- 1 bunch broccoli chopped
- 1 bunch cauliflower chopped
- 1 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 medium red onion sliced
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 pound bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Start by washing and chopping the broccolia nd caulofwer into bite-sized pieces. Slice the onion. Combine the vegetables and set-aside.
- Cook the bacon until nice and crispy and set aside. When cool, crumble.
- In a small bowl mix the mayonaise, sugar & apple cider vinegar until well cobined.
- If you are making it ahead leave all the components seperate until just before serving so the veggies don't get soggy. When ready to eat simply toss together veggies, dressing, cashews, and bacon until combined. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Oooh, I’ve only ever had it with sunflower seeds. Cashews would offer a great crunch! Thanks
Loved the dressing. Perfect combination of tangy and sweet. Yum
This was so yummy, I ran to the grocery store to get ingredients to make it again tonight! Thanks.
This is so much better than the restaurant versions I’ve tried. Thanks so much.
Love it! Going to serve it at our family holiday meal this year. appreciate the recipe