We make a lot of really yummy Thanksgiving side dishes, but the star of our table is our sweet potato casserole recipe! Over the years I perfected this recipe to the point where my kids beg for the best sweet potato casserole year-round and they know this homemade sweet potato casserole will be gone before anyone gets seconds! I love that this is a seriously easy sweet potato casserole where you can throw it together quickly, make it ahead, and it tastes fabulous every single time. you will love this sweet potato casserole with marshmallows, oats, and nut topping!
Best Sweet Potato Casserole
You will love this best sweet potato casserole recipe that is so quick to make and tastes oh-so-yummy! Kids and adults alike will gobble up with sweet potato recipe easy! They love the smooth, creamy sweet potato mixture topped with the toasted brown sugar, quick cook oats, and pecans or walnut with mini marshmallows too! This homemade sweet potato casserole truly has it all!
Best Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
Ready to whip up this fantastic side dish? Let’s grab the ingredients:
- 3+ lb sweet potatoes (drained large & small can)
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teas vanilla
- ½ cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)
- 2 TAB milk (or heavy cream)
- 1 cup quick cook oats
- ¾ cup mini marshmallows
best sweet potato casserole with marshmallows
Use a potato masher to cream drained sweet potatoes in your casserole dish.
best sweet potato casserole recipe ever
Add eggs, vanilla, granulated white sugar and milk until smooth.
sweet potato casserole with brown sugar topping
In a small bowl combine brown sugar, flour, and oats. Use a pastry knife to cut in the softeend butter until it is well combined.
homemade sweet potato casserole
Sprinkle the oat mixture on top of the sweet potato mixture.
sweet potato casserole
Sprinkle with pecans or walnuts and mini-marshmallows.
sweet potato casserole recipe
You can cover and put your side dish in your refrigerator for up to 3 days. This is so handy when making dishes ahead for Thanksgiving! When you are ready to cook the sweet potatoes, simply set dish out to come to room temperature while you preheat your oven to 350 F.
Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.
sweet potato casserole with marshmallows
This smells so amazing cooking you will have a hard time waiting to try it!
easy sweet potato casserole
This dish truly has it all – rich creamy sweet potatoes with a decadent crunch on top and even mini marshmallows too.
sweet potato casserole recipe easy
I love the added nuts to balance out the sugar, plus I love the way the nutty flavor, the oats, and the sweet potatoes combine.
southern sweet potato casserole
This is seriously the best comfort food and a recipe your family will beg for year after year! Yum!
This is the perfect sidedish for Thanksgiving, fall, potlucks, or any time you are looking for a sweet satisfying vegetable casserole!
The BEST sweet potato casserole recipe for Thanksgiving! This homemade side dish is EASY to makee with marshmallows, oats, and nut topping!
- Snicker Apple Salad Recipe – my kids favorite Thanksgiving dish!
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad with Cashews, Bacon, and tangy dressing!
- Holiday Green Bean Casserole
- Best Sweet Potato Casserole
- Turkey Cinnamon Rolls by tucking in bacon to make turkey feathers
- I like to make this pineapple cream cheese dip and use peppers to create a turkey head and feathers
Best Thanksgiving Recipes
- Family Favorite Cornbread Stuffing
- Oreo Turkey snack for kids
- Leftover Pie Crust Pinwheels
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Save some turkey for this yummy Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Flavorful Peach Bread with pecans
- Easy Banana Walnut Bread
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Delicious Cinnamon Coffee Cake with cinnamon streussal filling and crumb topping
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Hambone Soup Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Best Potato Salad loaded up with bacon, eggs, cheese, and more!
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- Quick and Easy Orange Couscous Chicken
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Yummy Orange Chicken Pasta is perfect for a quick weekday supper
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Refreshing Lemonade Cake
- Easy Fall Dessert – a mix and dump pumpkin cake that EVERYONE will love!
- Scrumptious Homemade Cherry Pie
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Perfect for summer, Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Crumb Bars
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- Creamy Peaches and Cream Ice Cream recipe
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- Easy, frozen Summer Strawberry Dessert
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Oh-so-Delicious Tres Leches Cake is quick and easy to make!
- Buttery Spritz Cookies
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- Easy, Homemade Oven Baked Caramel Popcorn
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- Quick and EASY Bagel Dip
- Homemade Apple Hand Pies with carmel dipping sauce
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Breads and Side Dishes
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Southern Corn Spoon Bread
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Smoked Green Beans – cook in the oven or smoker
Best Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- 3 pound can sweet potatoes, drained 1 extra large, 1 regular
- 1 stick butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans chopped
- 2 Tablespoons milk or heavy cream
- 1 cup quick cook oats
- 3/4 cup mini marshmallows
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- In a casserole dish, use a potato masher to mash up the drained sweet potato chunks to your desired level of smoothness. Add eggs, vanilla, white sugar, and milk; combine well.
- In a small bowl mix brown sugar, flour, and quick cook oats. Cut in the butter with pastry knives. Sprinkle mixture on top of swet potato mixture in casserole dish. Sprinkl with walnuts and mini-marshmallows.
- Bake sweet potato casserole for 30-40 minutes.