It just wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without the cranberry sauce! But I don’t really care for the plain jane cranberry relish recipes or the canned version. Just seems like a waste of a perfectly good Thanksgiving side dish to me. So we worked on jazzing ours up so it was the best thanksgiving side dish and one that my kids really enjoyed. We made our cranberry sauce with pineapple. This super flavorful cranberry pineapple relish complements turkey so well and makes great leftover sandwiches too!
Cranberry Pineapple Relish
Move over boring cranberry sauces, the best cranberry sauce has arrived – cranberry pineapple relish! This sweet and tangy cranberry sauce with pineapple is quick and easy to make with cranberries in the produce department. Sure it has a little sugar, but it is also filled with good-for-you cranberries, pineapple, and walnuts for a satisfying and healthy crunch. This yummy cranberry sauce with pineapple recipe is such a wonderful compliment to your turkey dinner on Thanksgiving, Christmas, or anytime you are in the mood.
Cranberry Sauce with Pineapple
To make this delicious Thanksgiving side dish you will only need a couple simple ingredients:
- crushed pineapple
- chopped walnuts
- lemon juice
Cranberry sauce with pineapple recipe
Start by draining the pineapple, but reserve the liquid. Add water so that the reserved liquid measures 2 cups. Now pour the 2 cups of liquid, 6 cups of cranberries, 1/4 teaspoon crushed cloves, and 1.5-2 cups sugar into a large saucepan. Heat over medium heat until it boils, then cook about 10 minutes. The cranberries will become soft and the sauce will thicken.
Remove pan from heat and add reserved crushed pineapple, 1 cup walnuts, and 1 Tablespoon lemon juice; stir. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
This cranberry sauce is thick, sweet, and deliciuos!
Thanksgiving cranberry recipe
I love that it has the added yummy flavor of pineapple with the crunch of walnuts.
Thanksgiving cranberry sauce
Besides being a classic and super yummy, this thanksgiving cranberry sauce recipe is EASY!
Cranberry relish recipe with pineapple
It just wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without the cranberry sauce! This cranberry pineapple relish is the best Thanksgiving side dish.
Best Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- Snicker Apple Salad Recipe – my kids favorite Thanksgiving dish!
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad with Cashews, Bacon, and tangy dressing!
- Holiday Green Bean Casserole
- Best Sweet Potato Casserole
- Yummy Cranberry Pineapple Relish
Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- Angel Rolls – The BEST Homemade Crescent Rolls
- Family Favorite Cornbread Stuffing
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Southern Corn Spoon Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Smoked Green Beans – cook in the oven or smoker
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Maple Orange Glazed Ham
Best Thanksgiving Recipes
- Leftover Pie Crust Pinwheels
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Easy Fall Dessert – a mix and dump pumpkin cake that EVERYONE will love!
- Easy Pumpkin Roll Thanksgiving Dessert Recipe
- Homemade Butterscotch Pudding Recipe
- Easy Pecan Pie Bars
- Super Easy Date Bars with nuts
- You will want to try our Amazing Thanksgiving Leftover Soup
- Turkey Pot Pie Thanksgiving Leftover Recipes
- Oreo Turkey snack for kids
- Yummy, Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole Recipe
- The BEST Homemade Monkey Bread Recipe from Scratch
Looking for YUMMY Pumpkin Recipes? Try these family favorites:
- Turkey Cinnamon Rolls by tucking in bacon to make turkey feathers
- We’ve taken all the work out of prepping the PERFECT Thanksgiving feast! Here is our free Thanksgiving Meal Planner with recipes, timing, hints, and more!
- Oh so Yummy Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
- Easy-to-Make, healthy Pumpkin Pie Chili will be your families new favorite meal!
- Super easy to make Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal to whip up in the crock pot
- 40 Pumpkin Pie Recipes for Kids
- Here is your new favorite dessert for October – Pumpkin Lava Cakes!
- Super delicious Pumpkin Waffles that have no added sugar, but are perfectly sweet!
- BEST EVER Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- Easy, Homemade Oven Baked Caramel Popcorn
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- Quick and EASY Bagel Dip
- Homemade Apple Hand Pies with carmel dipping sauce
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Cranberry Pineapple Relish
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- 6 cups cranberries fresh or frozen
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1.5-2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves crushed
- Start by draining the pineapple, but reserve the liquid. Add water so that the reserved liquid measures 2 cups. Now pour the 2 cups of liquid, 6 cups of cranberries, 1/4 teaspoon crushed cloves, and 1.5-2 cups sugar into a large saucepan. Heat over medium heat until it boils, then cook about 10 minutes. The cranberries will become soft and the sauce will thicken. Remove pan from heat and add reserved crushed pineapple, 1 cup walnuts, and 1 Tablespoon lemon juice; stir. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
THis was so simple and so yummy, thanks
I never really liked cranberry sauce, but my family does so I made this. It was seriously declisious – even I like it!
This was perfect, not too runny, not to thick, not to sweet, not to tart!
Tasted so good with our Thanksgiving turkey, thanks! I love make ahead recipes to make the day of so much calmer. Thanks.