If you are reading this page you are either currently (or looking into) homeschooling. YAHOO! So proud of your for taking the road less traveled for your kids. It may not always be easy, but it is rewarding! 123 Homeschool 4 Me is here to help you on your journey! We’ve got lots of tips, resources, and 100,000+ pages of FREE Homeschool worksheets, games, lapbooks, and lesson plans to help you provide a solid, fun, and affordable education for your kids!
Let me walk you through some homeschooling basics and how 123 Homeschool 4 Me can help you homeschool!
How to Homeschool
- Decide to Homeschool after much careful research, thought, and prayer
- Find out the legal requirements to homeschool in your state – every state has different requirements that you much follow to homeschool legally – Homeschooling Laws in your State
- Follow any and all legal requirements to homeschool legally (see above)
- Pick a curriculum – you have tons of choices to fit your family and children
- Plan your school year – with any state regulations in mind, pick when your school will start, end, take breaks, what days of the week you will meet and for how long, and what pace you need to go through your curriculum to finish in a year.
- Don’t Homeschool alone! Just because you aren’t sending your kids to public or private school doesn’t mean they won’t be with others from outside your family.
- Start teaching your child — You taught your child how to use the bathroom and put on their shoes. You can do this! Just dive in!
Okay, so that was super simplified, I know! But really that is all you need to start with . Make sure to read the links above for more information on each point.
Why are YOU Homeschooling
But you didn’t decide to homeschool just to “get it done”. You had a reason to homeschool. For some it is a better education, impact of being socialized at school, passing on your faith, spending more time with your kids, helping your child with a special need, making learning fun, or any number of other reasons. Keep reminding your self WHY you choose to homeschool and make that your primary focus.
Make Homeschool FUN and Affordable!
This is where 123 Homeschool 4 Me comes in! We want our kids to have a strong, fun, and meaningful education, but teaching and being Mom leaves little time to think of fun, creative educational activities that make concepts stick. Plus the cost to buy creative games and additional worksheets for every little skill can be outrageous!
We’ve got you covered! This site is filled with thousands of creative ideas and 10,000 FREE educational printables to make learning fun! Since we’ve been around, sharing creatives ideas and free worksheets since 2011 we have TONS of resources for you. Don’t let that overwhelm you, we’ve organized our site to make finding what you need, right now a snap!
Homeschooling Resources by Grade Level
Homeschooling Resources by Subject
Plus, I don’t want you to miss some of these great posts with lots of tips, advice, and wisdom on your homeschooling journey:
General Homeschooling Posts (some of the most popular)
- Must Have Homeschool Supplies
- Homeschooling in only 15 Hours a Week
- FREE Homeschooling Forms to help you get organized
- Is a Boxed Curriculum Right for You?
- 12 Must Read Books for Homeschooling Moms
- Keeping Homeschool Kids Excited about Learning
- 9 Things to Start your Homeschool Year Right
- 20 Homeschool Organization Ideas
- 6 Back to School Tips for Homeschool Families
- Are you Making the Mistake of Over Planning
- Homeschooling when Mom is Sick
- Overcoming October Homeschool Blues
- 5 Effective Review Techniques
- Certificates of Recognition (free!)
- Math is Fun with these 5 Simple Steps
- FREE Homeschool Report Cards
- Tips for Introverted Homeschool Moms
- Tips for Homeschooling a Kindergartner
- Homeschooling in Illinois
- Tips for Recovering from a Bad Day
- Ways to take a Break while Homeschooling
- 3 Ways to Take your Homeschool Outside this Spring
Take a Peak at Our Homeschool
- Our Choice to Homeschool
- Homeschool Room Makeover
- Our NEW Workboxes
- 5 Things We Changed in our Homeschool
- Homeschool Schedule & Curriculum Choices Year by Year
- This is How I Teach Preschool-2nd Grade
- Daily Calendar, Super Hero Calendar, Princess Calendar
- First Day of School Signs
- Lego All About Me Worksheets
- How to Make a Lapbook
- Ipads in Education
- FREE Printable School Memory Pages
- Free School Punchcards (for kids to check off as they go through their day)
- 13 Homeschool Blogs You Should be Following
- 5 Reasons to Go to a Homeschool Convention
Stories for Kids
Sign up for our newsletter (s) here!