Let me walk you through some homeschooling basics and how 123Homeschool4Me can help you homeschool!
But you didn’t decide to home educate just to “get it done”. You had a reason to homeschool. For some it is a better education, impact of being socialized at school, passing on your faith, spending more time with your kids, helping your child with a special need, making learning fun, or any number of other reasons. Keep reminding your self WHY you choose to homeschool and make that your primary focus.
How to Homeschool
- Decide to Homeschool after much careful research, thought, and prayer
- Find out the legal requirements to homeschool in your state – every state has different requirements that you much follow to homeschool legally – Homeschooling Laws in your State
- Follow any and all legal requirements to homeschool legally (see above)
- Pick a curriculum – you have tons of choices to fit your family and children
- Plan your school year – with any state regulations in mind, pick when your school will start, end, take breaks, what days of the week you will meet and for how long, and what pace you need to go through your curriculum to finish in a year.
- Don’t Homeschool alone! Just because you aren’t sending your kids to public or private school doesn’t mean they won’t be with others from outside your family.
- Start teaching your child — You taught your child how to use the bathroom and put on their shoes. You can do this! Just dive in!
Okay, so that was super simplified, I know! But really that is all you need to start with . Make sure to read the links above for more information on each point.
How to Start Homeschooling
Make Homeschool FUN and Affordable! This is where 123Homeschool4Me.com comes in! We want our kids to have a strong, fun, and meaningful education, but teaching and being Mom leaves little time to think of fun, creative educational activities that make concepts stick. Plus the cost to buy cool games and additional worksheets for every little skill can be outrageous!
We’ve got you covered! This site is filled with thousands of creative ideas and 1.000,000+ FREE educational printables to make learning fun! Since we’ve been around, sharing creatives ideas and free worksheets since 2011, we have TONS of free worksheets and hands on games for students of all ages K12. But, don’t let that number overwhelm you!! We’ve organized our site carefully to make finding what you need, right now a snap!
Homeschooling Resources by Grade Level
You can jump right to the grade(s) you need by click on the following links or thumbnail below:
Homeschooling Resources by Subject
Or if you prefer, you can jump right to the school subject your child needs help with: math, english, science, social studies, spanish, art, bible, music, etc.
Plus, I don’t want you to miss some of these great posts with lots of ideas, advice, and homeschooling help on your homeschooling life:
- Must Have Homeschool Supplies
- Homeschooling in only 15 Hours a Week
- FREE Homeschooling Forms to help you get organized
- Is a Boxed Curriculum Right for You?
- 12 Must Read Books for Homeschooling Moms
- Keeping Homeschool Kids Excited about Learning
- 9 Things to Start your Homeschool Year Right
- 20 Homeschool Organization Ideas
- 6 Back to School Tips for Homeschool Families
- Are you Making the Mistake of Over Planning
- Homeschooling when Mom is Sick
- Overcoming October Homeschool Blues
- 5 Effective Review Techniques
- Certificates of Recognition (free!)
- Math is Fun with these 5 Simple Steps
- FREE Homeschool Report Cards
- Tips for Introverted Homeschool Moms
- Tips for Homeschooling a Kindergartner
- Homeschooling in Illinois
- Tips for Recovering from a Bad Day
- Ways to take a Break while Homeschooling
- 3 Ways to Take your Homeschool Outside this Spring
>> See ALL our Homeschool Posts <<
Take a Peak at Our Homeschool
- Our Choice to Homeschool
- Homeschool Room Makeover
- Our NEW Workboxes
- 5 Things We Changed in our Homeschool
- Homeschool Schedule & Curriculum Choices Year by Year
- This is How I Teach Preschool-2nd Grade
- Daily Calendar, Super Hero Calendar, Princess Calendar
- First Day of School Signs
- Lego All About Me Worksheets
- How to Make a Lapbook
- Ipads in Education
- FREE Printable School Memory Pages
- Free School Punchcards (for kids to check off as they go through their day)
- 13 Homeschool Blogs You Should be Following
- 5 Reasons to Go to a Homeschool Convention
Stories for Kids