As part of my continued effort to bring you great homeschool resources, here is a resource to not only help you get organized and keep good records, but help see your child’s strengths year-after-year. These homeschool report card are a great tool for keeping track of your child’s progress. There are lots of choices in these free homeschool report cards! Simply download pdf file with report cards for homeschool and you for traditional record keeping with your k12 students – kindegarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, 6th grade, 7th grade, 8th grade, 9th grade, 10th grade, 11th grade, and 12th grade students.
Homeschool Report Card
Looking for a way to keep track of what your child studied and how well they mastered the content – aka grades? These homeschool report cards allow you to keep track of not only the courses your child took, but the grade they got in the subject. There are lots of choices to fit any age, subjects, and type of grading scale you want to use. Whether you use these homeschool report card template with younger kids with a pass / fail type system or older students who need to keep track of their high school GPA – we have lots of homeschool report card template free for you to use!
Just download and print the reports cards on both sides of the paper. There are cute report cards for elementary age kids and more traditional looking report cards for older grades. Plus there are various choices for the inside depending on if you want to give grades, check off skills, etc. Use these free homeschool report card template with kindergarteners, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, 6th grade, 7th grade, 8th grade, 9th grade, 10th grade, 11th grade, and 12 grade students.
Homeschool report card template
Should your Homeschool Student have a Report Card?
Now, right off the bat I want to tell you that I did not do report cards for the younger years. I was much more interested in having them actually understand the material and develop a love of learning!
If they don’t understand something I am not going to just give them a bad grade and move on. We are going to reteach, practice, and reevaluate if they comprehend the material. I don’t want them to be worried about grades – isn’t that one of the perks of Homeschooling?!?
Homeschool Record Keeping
But self evaluations (another name for a report card) are a part of life. Your child will get them throughout school, college, and even in their future job. So I like report cards for these reasons:
- Report Cards help kids learn to take constructive criticism. Not everything kids hear in a report card or job evaluation is going to be positive. And for that matter, they may not agree with how they were evaluated. But it is a good skill for kids to learn what information they need to listen to to make improvements on (we all have something we should improve on) and what areas are subjective and they may not want to change.
- Report Cards help kids start to see what they are good at. They learn their are certain objectives, absolutes that they must reach. If they don’t, they need to work harder, try a different strategy, or they may no be the best at that area. And THAT’S OKAY. Not everyone is going to be a doctor or nuclear physicist. They don’t all need to get A’s in Math.
- Report Cards Give us Records. It is important that we have records that show we did indeed teach our children and that they were learning the material. These records will be used down the road for various things including college entrance materials and graduation records.
- Report cards help make us accountable to carefully evaluate our child’s efforts, progress and work to make sure they are succeeding. If not we may need to tweak the curriculum, teaching style, or get some additional help.
- Report Cards are the Norm. Although I’m not a big fan of doing things because everyone else does, there are certain things that we all should know what it is and have an experience with because that is “what people do“. Every kid has ridden the bus (so we ride it at the fair), every kid has taken a sack lunch, every kid had a frustrating teacher (that is what extracurriculars are for), etc. Report Cards are part of what people remember from their schooling years and now your child will understand that common reference point too.
FREE Printable Homeschool Report Cards
6 Report Card Backs (so you can choose the one that works best for your particular child/family). There is a specific one for Kindergarten, several options using subjects as the criteria and grading either (Outstanding, Satisfactory, Needs Improvement, Incomplete) OR standard grades (A,B,C,D,F,I), and options for using one based on checking off areas completed.
Report cards for homeschool
I would recommend waiting until 4th or 5th grade to begin accessing actual grades. At that point it is good prep for the Jr.High/High School years (this is just my opinion).
Free homeschool report card template
Note: Make sure you check your local regulations for specific homeschool requirements in your area. This is intended to be a free useful tool, but is not legal advice =-)
- Should I Homeschool my child – 5 potentional homeschool pitfalls
- 25 Reasons why I LOVE Homeschooling
- How to choose the right free printable homeschool curriculum
- How does homeschooling work – how we homeschool in only 15 hours a week
- Homeschool Socialization – is it really a problem?
- How to Homeschool for FREE with free homeschool printables
- Why Homeschool – a peak at why we homeschool
- Take a peak at our Homeschool Room
- Homeschool Organization – meet our workbox system
- Homeschool Curriculum – what we choose to use each year
- Get your homeschool started right with these homeschool ideas
- Homeschool attendance sheet and other forms to help you keep organized!
- Free Printable School Memory Book
Free Homeschool Worksheets
We are here to help! We have over 1 milliion free worksheets, games, and activities for students of all ages. Click on the links below!
- Homeschool Preschool
- Homeschool Kindergarten
- Homeschool 1st grade
- Homeschool 2nd grade
- Homeschool 3rd grade
- Homeschool 4th grade
- Homeschool 5th grade
- Homeschool 6th grade
Homeschool report card template free
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!