Free homeschool Printables
What if I told said you can homeschool for FREE! Yep! You can homeschool for FREE and I’m going to tell you how!!
How to Homeschool for FREE
- read lots of books from the library (aloud and to kids to themselves)
- use lots of free worksheets
- play lots of free educational games (printable & hands on)
- use lots of free unit studies
- use hands on science experiments to make science come alive
- give kids lots of practice writing to gain fluency & competency
- homeschool for free in your community
What ages can you Homeschool for FREE
Homeschool for FREE at the Public Library
- science books – weather, planets, animals, rocks, inventions, how things work, famous inventors, etc.
- history books – state books, how holidays came to be, different country books, historical fiction, historical choose your own adventures, biographies of famous people
- great literature – see our recommended book lists by grade
- art books – learn about famous artists, look through books of beautiful paintings form different time periods, learn about architecture from around the world
- learn another language – many have DVD’s or video games to help kids learn another language
- early readers – use the book levels at the beginning of the book to start at the beginning and work up to harder books. Some have also used Teach your Child to Read in 100 lessons which is found at most libraries.
- lots of reading will make them stronger, better readers
- they will build impressive vocabulary
- learn about sentence structure & word context (by exmaple)
- reading aloud will help ensure your kid have good reading comprehension (a valuable life skill)
- deeper knowledge and interest in a huge variety of subjects like science and history
- spelling – not only will they learn how word are suppose to be spelled by seeing them correctly, but you can pull out tricky spelling words or vocabulary from books you read and have them practice those during the week.
Homeschool for FREE with Worksheets & Games
FREE Worksheets and Games will be the primary way you teach your child math – counting, number words, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, money, telling time, order of operations, etc.
Homeschool for FREE with Unit Studies
- Themes – week long lessons for valentines day, winter, dinosaurs, farm, thanksgiving, St. Patrick’s Day, insects, etc.
- History – dive into 4-6 week long history units covering early explorers, middle ages, colonial america, revolutionary war, westward expansion, US States, geography, and so much more!
- Science – While experiments are great for teaching concepts and getting kids excited about how things work & science in everyday life – science units dive deeper! Come explore the solar system, rocks, simple machines, weather, earth science, biology, 5 senses, and more in 4-6 week units filled with tons of creative educational activities, printables, games, great books, and more!
Homeschool for FREE with Science Projects
- Start off by seeing our science experiments for kids. Scroll down to see a thumbnail of each activity we’ve done and then click on the picture to learn more about the science experiment.
- Check out science experiments books from your library. Personally, we love the Janice Van Cleave books. There are a slew of them and they are arranged by type of science and age!
- Find experiments to explore what interests your children by searching Science Experiments for Kids on Pinterest
Homeschool for FREE with Writing
Homeschool for FREE within your Community
- parks to get exercise (PE) and explore nature
- historic farms to learn about science and history
- zoos to learn about animals, classifications, geography
- museums to learn about history, science, art, etc.
- coops to dive into a particular are of study and gym time for PE
- local fieldtrips to learn about community helpers like fire fighters, hospitals, movie theaters, bakeries, restaurants, etc.
- concerts in the park or for community to expose your kids to classic music, orchestra instruments, etc.
- libraries for puppet, juggling, musical performances plus summer reading program for free tickets to sporting events
- playgroups are a great way to help your kids learn social skills while have fun
- Some states will let you check out and use the text books your child would be using at public school! (Minnesota will even give you a computer to use when homeschooling!)
- Should I Homeschool my child – 5 potentional homeschool pitfalls
- 25 Reasons why I LOVE Homeschooling
- How to choose the right free printable homeschool curriculum
- How does homeschooling work – how we homeschool in only 15 hours a week
- Homeschool Socialization – is it really a problem?
- How to Homeschool for FREE with free homeschool printables
- Why Homeschool – a peak at why we homeschool
- Take a peak at our Homeschool Room
- Homeschool Organization – meet our workbox system
- Homeschool Curriculum – what we choose to use each year
- Get your homeschool started right with these homeschool ideas
- Homeschool attendance sheet and other forms to help you keep organized!
- Free Printable School Memory Book
Free Homeschool Worksheets
We are here to help! We have over 1 milliion free worksheets, games, and activities for students of all ages. Click on the links below!
- Homeschool Preschool
- Homeschool Kindergarten
- Homeschool 1st grade
- Homeschool 2nd grade
- Homeschool 3rd grade
- Homeschool 4th grade
- Homeschool 5th grade
- Homeschool 6th grade
Not sure if you would have time to answer me.
If you do what is the best way to go about helping grandson 5yrs in kindergarden australia.He rings me everyday on Viber as his parents are so busy to put in a lot of time with him.As the corona virus is spreading schools to shut down in here.
What teaching can I help him with can send sheets through email to his home.
That’s about it with not a lot of craft materials etc. Take care God bless you and your family.Such a great website.