Help kids start reading with these fun and FREE cvc activities. Whether you’re teaching preschool, pre k, kindergarten, or first graders, you’re bound to be needing tons of ideas for teaching CVC words. We have lots of creative, and free printable CVC Words Activities to keep kids engaged and having fun learning! From cvc word games to cvc worksheets, and cvc word activities to we have loads of cvc word practice ideas for making learningfun all year round!
CVC Words Activities
Sometimes we just want an easy, no prep cvc words worksheets to add to our day! No worries! We’ve got lots of cvc worksheets for kindergarten for you to print and go! Add these to the literacy center in your classroom, supplement to your homeschool phonics reading curriculum, or as extra practice:
- Create cvc word flip books with these fun cut and paste worksheets. We have a separate pdf file for each of middle vowel sound: short a cvc words, short e cvc words, short i cvc words, short o cvc words, and short u cvc words
- These fun crack the code CVC Worksheets are sure to help kids get excited about practicing cvc words
- One of the first things young readers learn is the beginning sounds of words. Here’s a printable for you that will help get them started!
- These CVC middle sounds clip cards help young readers identify middle sounds.
- Never run out of word ideas with this free printable CVC word list.
- Don’t forget to teach the cvc ending sounds with these super handy clip cards
- Super cute pumpkin themed slide and read cvc words activity
- Write the missing vowel in CVC words with this printable pack.
- Find even more words to practice which are included in these free phonics word lists.
- Write down the missing beginning sound in these handy free cvc worksheets.
- Farm animals are a fun topic for children of all ages, and here’s a printable that includes farm CVC words.
- Use bingo dauber markers to complete this free printable, read and dab cvc worksheets
- Peter Pan Color by CVC Worksheets
Make practicing cvc words fun with these cvc activities for young learners. Plus all these educational activities for parents, teachers, and homeschoolers are FREE!
- Kids won’t even realize they are learning with these fun Crack the Code Printable activity for practicing beginning sounds, phonics, and CVC Words.
- Free CVC Printables to help kids practice sounding out each sound in simple words
- Build bridges with blocks to practice reading with this outrageously fun CVC words activities!
- If your children love to get dirty or dream of one day becoming an archeologist, then let them dig up CVC words in this activity.
- Help kids identifying the missing vowel sound with these free printable missing vowels puzzles
- Build these silly Caterpillar CVC Activities for practicing early reading skills
- Painting dots with q-tips is always a fun fine motor activity, and with this printable, your child can practice their CVC words as well!
- Super cute, free printable, Scarecrow CVC Word Mats is a fun hands-on activity for working on gaining fluency with cvc words.
- Read and dab with this fun spring, rhyming cvc activities
- Break out the playdough and print out some letter cards, and watch your child build CVC words with playdough balls.
- Practice the beginning sounds of CVC words with stamps – this would also work with middle sounds or ending sounds as well.
- Use magnetic or other tactile letters along with these CVC Sound Boxes for your hands-on learners to manipulate the letters of the words.
- In the spring, try out this planting CVC flowers activity.
- Match and build Ice Cream CVC Activities
- Instead of cvc christmas worksheets, try these fun themed clip cards this December!
- Sneak in some practice during December with this super cute Christmas CVC Words Slight Game
- Do you want to build as snowman? Why not build an educational snowman with this winter CVC Words
- Get ready for back to school with this clever, hands-on Crayon CVC Activities
- We have LOTS of free printable cvc word mats so you can practice cvc words with any theme: camping, turkey, candy corn, monsters, christmas present, spring
- Valentines Day CVC words Activities
- Cute lion rhyming activities with cvc words
CVC Word Games
Kids will have fun practicing cvc words with these fun, hands-on and cvc games. Which one of these cvc word practice ideas will you try in school today?
- Practice cvc words with this free printable short vowels games where you will travel around the board and watch the reading skills grow without your child even realizing it.
- Grab these super cute, self checking CVC word puzzles free printable and let your child practice their spelling skills.
- Baseball themed CVC word puzzles free printable
- Building CVC words on an apple tree board is a fun way to practice, especially during the fall when apples are fresh and in season.
- Kids will go nuts over this Planting Carrots CVC Words Games that is free to print.
- Take the learning outside – and let the kids get some exercise in too – with this interactive, sidewalk chalk cvc words activities.
- If it’s close to the holidays, use this gingerbread CVC game to entertain and teach at the same time.
- Easy to set up and play, this Never-ending CVC word game will keep the kids practicing their spelling skills for a long time.
- Just because it’s summer doesn’t mean you can’t keep working on reading readiness skills! This fun, hands-on 4th of July CVC Words Games free printable is perfect for summer learning with grade 1, grade 2, and kinders.
- Print this fun BUMP CVC Games to make practicing easy and hassle free!
- Kids will love this secret decoder cvc word activities
CVC Words Emergent Readers
- Short a words free printable reader
- Free Short e words reader for pre-k and kindergarten
- Printable Short i words emergent reader
- Cut and Paste this short o words reader for early learners
- Short u words cut and paste reader
I hope you’ve enjoyed working through these 25 CVC words activities, printables, and games. What is your favorite way to practice these important beginning reading skills? Please share!
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin your free homeschool? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE Printable Worksheets including resources for: pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, 2nd grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, 4th grade worksheets, 5th grade worksheets, 6th grade worksheets, and more. Plus see our history lessons for kids, printable math games, language arts worksheets, sight word worksheets, free alphabet printables, and cvc word activities for kids of all ages!