Help kids practice short u cvc words with this cut and paste worksheets kindergarten they can make into a free printable booklet. Chidren will color, cut, paste, write and read cvc words with u to improve reading and spellling skills. This short u words allows preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade kids to practice sounding out and spelling 17 CVC words. Simply grab pdf file with short u cvc worksheets and you are ready to play and learn!
Short u CVC Worksheets
Make practicing reading and spelling short u CVC words FUN with this hands-on CVC words activity for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students. This cut and paste worksheets kindergarten is way more fun than just short u CVC worksheets because it is engaging and can be made into a little booklet for kids to practice and review. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – this cvc short u words is sure to make learning fun! Use the short u worksheets at home, as homework, literacy center in your classroom, supplement to your homeschool phonics curriculum, or for summer learning!
Short u CVC Words
Short u words
Simply print all 7 pages in for this short u activities in black and white. Now carefully use scissors to cut apart the pages and letter tiles. Use aglue stick to paste the letters into the boxes to spell the featured CVC word. This is a great way for kids to use phonics skills to sound out the individual sounds in the simple cvc words and associate each sound with an alphabet letter. This is such a great activity to work on phonemic awareness!
Cut and paste worksheets kindergarten
Now use crayons, markers, or colored pencils to color the cute clipart image of the short u words and write the short u word you formed on the ruled line.
CVC Words activities
If you like, cut each page into 3 sections by cutting across the horizontal lines. Now stack the pages up with the cover on the top. Now staple along the left side where indicated to make a cvc printables mini book.
Short u cut and paste
The following short u words are inluded in the short u cvc words printable book: cup, nut, sub, sun, rug, mud, tub, hut, cut, bug, gum, cup, tux, and gum.
CVC Activities for Kindergarten
Children can practice bilding CVC words one letter at a time using phonics skills including visual discrimination, what sounds letters make, beginning sounds, sounding words out, and more. They will use crayons, markers, or colored pencils to colour the cute pictures. Next they will use scissors and glue to cut & paste the letter tiles in the boxes to spell the short u cvc word. Finally, they will write the word thye spelled to practice forming letters and words.
This is a fun, no prep activity for preschool, kindergarten, and 1st grade kids.
FREE CVC Words Printables
- Short i cvc worksheets cut and paste pdf
- Short E CVC Words Booklet
- Crack the Code CVC Word Worksheets
- Short a CVC Word Book
- CVC Words Activity with bricks
- 25 Fun CVC Activities
- CVC Middle Sounds Clip Cards
- CVC Word Puzzles Free Printable
- Crack the Code CVC Words Printable
- Crayon CVC Words Activity
Don’t miss all our free first grade worksheets and our other printable worksheets for prek-12th grade students. We have free printable math worksheets, english worksheets, history for kids, cool science experiments, and even fun activities for kids to go with every season and holiday throughout the year!
Cut and Paste Worksheets
Looking for more kid-favorite, free cut and paste worksheets? Check out these resources:
- Cut and Paste Short U Worksheets
- Ice Cream Cut and Paste Worksheets to make a Sight Word Reader
- Flower word family cut and paste worksheets
- Trigraph Cut and Paste Worksheets
- ABC Order Farm Cut and Paste Worksheets
- Cut and Paste Alphabet Worksheets
- Free Cut and Paste Worksheets
- Long and Short Vowels Worksheets
- Acorn Cut and Paste Math Worksheets for 1st grade
- Money Cut and Paste Worksheets
- Free Cut and Paste Sentences
- Animal Classifications Cut and Paste Worksheets
- Free Alphabet Cut and Paste Worksheets with writing pracctice
Short u worksheets pdf
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!