My kids are totally fascinated with sensory bins lately. They love to put things in them, take things out and even sitting in them (lol). That’s why this activity that combines a cloud sensory bing and an preschool letter activity was a huge hit at our house and a great learning activity! Use this alphabet activities for preschoolers with toddler, pre-k, and kindergarten age kids for a spring activity for kids in April and May. It is designed to help young learners practice letter recognition, matching and fine motor skills.
Preschool letter activity
Looking for a fun spring theme activity to help toddlers, preschoolers, and kindegartners to work on letter recognition as they learn their ABCs? This fun preschool letter activity is a greay way to work on learning alphabet letters while having fun with a preschool spring activity. THis alphabet games for preschoolers is perfect for sneaking in hands on ABC practice this spring.
Whether you are a parent, teacher or homeschooler – you will love this simple abc activity for learning uppercase or lowercase alphabet letters.
Alphabet activities for preschoolers
What you will need:
- A big bin
- A bunch of cotton balls
- Alphabet foam letters
- Poster Board
- Bucket (optional) – I just kept the letters in the bucket until I was ready to put them in the bin with the cotton balls.
Alphabet activities for kindergarten
Before you get started:
Gather all the materials you’ll need for this activity. Fill the bin with the cotton balls and throw the alphabet foam letters in. I like to let me girls mix the letters around a it in the bin while I continue to get the activity ready. They love that! Then write the letters of the alphabet on the poster board.
Alphabet games for preschoolers
Let the FUN start:
Once I was done getting tis activity ready I gave my daughter the tongs. We then went over the letters on the poster board and I told her it was her job to rescue the letters from the big cloud in the bin. She had to return them to their home on the poster board by placing the letter on the match letter on the board. I also told her she couldn’t use her hands! She could only rescue them by grabbing the letters with the tongs. I did one example with her and then let her go!
Preschool letter recognition
This Cloud Alphabet Bin Activity was amazing! My daughter had so much fun and really enjoyed reviewing the letters of the alphabet. Your kid/kids will love practicing letter recognition, matching and fine motor skills with this activity at home or in the classroom. Do this activity today and start the learning fun!
Letter recognition activities preschool
Looking for more fun letter practice activities? Try one of these:
FREE Alphabet Printables
Looking for more abc printables for kids? You have tons of free alphabet printables
- Fun Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Gumball Alphabet Letter Matching Game
- Find the Letter Worksheets
- Disney Alphabet Coloring Pages
- free alphabet printables for toddlers
- Alphabet Book Printable – a book for each letter of the alphabet from A to Z
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Alphabet Mazes to practice ABCs
- Cut and Paste Alphabet Worksheets
- Super Cute Printable Alphabet Hats
- Alphabet Playdough Mats
- Super cute Alphabet Coloring Pages (posters)
- free printable alphabet worksheets
- Alphabet worksheets
- Super cute, printable alphabet crafts
- Uppercase Alphabet Letter Crafts
- Simple Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Fun Letter Recognition Worksheets for Kids
- Animal Themed Uppercase Letter Tracing Cards
- Looking for more free printables? We have lots of pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets 1st grade worksheets, and over 1 million pages of FREE worksheets for kids.
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Plant a Number Line to 10 Math activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Umbrella Handprint Craft
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- EASY Egg geode experiment for kids of all ages!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Words Worksheet
- Sunflower Alphabet Matching
- Flower Mazes – Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name of Number Puzzles
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Flower Parts of a plant flip book
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Rainbow Shape Playdough Mats
- Spring Do a Dot Printables
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Fun Spring Flower SIght Word Game
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Spring Multiplication Math Craft
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Planting Carrots CVC Words Activity
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Umbrella Color Sorting Activity with Fruit Loops
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Umbrella ABC Matching Game
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners
Leave a Reply