Kids will have fun while learning Where do I Live with this printable activity perfect for Expanding Horizons with Prek, Kindergarten, and 1st graders.
Where do I Live
That is a really confusing question for young kids! They know they live in a house, some will tell you a city name or a state, but most have trouble garsping how they can live in both a city and state at the same time!
This fun, hands on geography activity for kindergarten age kids will help kids begin to grasp how they live in a home, on a street, in a city, in a state, in a country, in a continent, on a planet, in our solar system.
First, we read through Me on the Map and Where do I Live which helped explain the concept of expanding horizons. Then we did this where do I live project as a great visual & the perfect way to wrap things up our unit.
For this activity simply print the free printable at the bottom of the post (we printed each page on a different piece of colored construction paper for contrast). Then cut out each circle. Stack the circles up in order (see below) with them all touching at the top. Use a hole punch to make a hole through all the circles at the top and then insert a brad to secure them together. Now it’s time to let your student personalize their Where do I Live Project!
Geography for Kids
- Where do I live Printable Activity
- US States for Kids – free worksheets, games, hands-on activities and more for teaching kids about us history and all 50 states
- Easy-to-Make Salt Dough Map
- Country Coloring Pages – Color, Read, and Learn
- Books about Countries around the World
- Tons of Free Printable Maps for Kids
- Roll into Geography – Printable Geography Games
- Geography Treasure Hunt Activity
- Landmarks for Kids Lego Challenge Cards
- Children around the World printable worksheets
- Landforms Worksheets pdf free
- Snap Geography Games for Kids
- Roll into Geography Games for Kids – simple printable game to learn about continents
- Country Coloring Pages
See all of our history lessons for kids of all ages to make learning FUN!
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin your free homeschool? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE Printable Worksheets including resources for: pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, 2nd grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, 4th grade worksheets, 5th grade worksheets, 6th grade worksheets, and more. Plus see our history lessons for kids, printable math games, language arts worksheets, sight word worksheets, free alphabet printables, and cvc word activities for kids of all ages!
Expanding Horizons Activity
By using materials from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or personal classroom use (to share please direct others to grab their own copy; your frequent visits keep our printables FREE!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)