Kids will have fun learning about community helpers in their city as they make their, free printable Community Helpers Emergent Reader. This is a great resource for preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and 1st graders.
Community Helpers for Kids
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this convenient, LOW PREP activity for children. Especially now trying to figure out who has to work during the stay at home orders, this helps highlight the jobs that are essential in our communities in a way that preschoolers, prek, kindergartners, and first grade students will understand
Kids will love learning about community works with this free Mini Book. These two books – ones aimed at older children and the other aimed at younger children – will help kids to learn and understand the skills required and tasks that need to be completed for each job.
Community Helpers Book Printable
Teaching children about different training and skills required to complete jobs as well as the tasks each person is required to undertake each day is a great way to introduce them to prospects for the future.This free Community Workers book is a great way to teach children in preschool through grade 5 about these interesting people and different career opportunities. These mini books would be great used as part of a unit study on community workers or for jobs they may be interested in in the future.
Community Helpers Printable
This mini book includes the following workers for children to write about:
- crossing guard
- construction worker
- garbage collector
Community Helpers Kindergarten
There are two mini books in this pack that require little preparation. Just download the file, print and cut the pages in half before stapling the book together. These two books are completely in black and white which is not only great for printing, but also a fun way for kids to get creative by decorating the images however they desire. One book has lines for older children while the other has lines for younger children. Each page of the book contains an image of the worker dressed for the job as well as a writing prompt – ‘If I were a…’. Children can use the lines to write what they think each person would do or after researching each career, they can write a descriptive paragraph about each career option.
Community Helper Activities
- Community Helper Creative Writing Prompts
- Simple Colring Pages featuring Community Helpers
- Doctor Contraction Game
- Firefighter Coloring Pages
- Farm Animals and their Homes Flip Book
- Farm Hidden Picture
- Fire Safety Worksheets
- Construction Letter Tracing
- Detective Printable Pack
- Construction Phonics Game
- Farm Preschool Worksheets
- Community Helpers Printable Wheel
- Construction Printable Pack
- Seasons on the Farm Printable
- Construction Sight Words Game
- Farm Sequencing Worksheets
- I Spy Farm Animals
- Construction Worksheets – large pack of free learning activites for prek / k
Community Helpers Emergent Reader
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.