We have tons of fun, creative Community Helpers Crafts and Activities. You can enjoy a week-long Community Helpers Theme to make learning fun for preschool, pre k, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students. Try some of our community helper science, community helpers themed math activities, or make it a community helpers preschool theme. No matter what you choose – this is sure to engage kids .
Community Helpers Theme
Children of all ages will have fun learning about community helpers with these fun, educational activities and Community Helpers Crafts and Activities. We have lots of ideas and resources to help kids learn about hose in our cities with whom we couldn’t live without – from doctors, nurses, firefighters, police officers, construction workers, veterinarians, farmers, plumbers, electricians, handymen, grocery store workers, truck drivers, garbage collectors, scientists, teachers, and more! You will love having a weeks worth of educational activities to make learning fun with a community helpers theme.
Community Helpers Crafts and Activities
This community helpers for kids unit is filled with not only educational ideas, but super cute art projects and hands on activities too so you will have a well rounded community helpers preschool, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade lesson plan.
Community Helpers for Kids Language Arts Activities
Start your community helpers unit study by working on these fun language arts activities.
- Community Helpers Write and Color the Room
This is a great addition to your literacy activities while teaching about people in our community.
- Simple Community Helper Coloring Pages
These adorable coloring pages are a great way to explore community
- Community Helpers Activities for Kindergarten Featuring Firemen
Use this printable set to learn the ‘Five Little Firefighters’ song.
- Free Community Helper 3 Parts Classified Cards.
These 3 Parts Classified Cards are great for learning vocabulary.
- Community Helpers Printable Book.
Kids will have fun learning about community helpers as they make their Community Helpers Book.
- Community Signs Worksheets.
These Free Printable Community Signs Worksheets are a fun, hands on way for students to familiarize themselves with common community signs.
- Printable Community Helper Writing Prompts
Kids will enjoy writing with these free Community Helper writing prompts for K-4th grade.
- Detective Themed Worksheets
This huge printable pack looks like so much fun for little sleuths in training.
- Farm Themed Worksheets
Learn all about the farm with this great set of printables.
- Construction Themed Worksheets
This bumper printables pack is a great way to introduce children to different construction workers, vehicles, and tools
- Fire Safety Worksheets
These super cute fire safety Worksheets are perfect for learning about firefighters.
- Construction Phonics Game
Kids will love this super cute printable construction phonics game for preschooler and kindergartners.
- Construction Sight Words Game
This printable construction sight word game is such a fun way to practice sight words.
- Farm Sequencing Worksheets
Have fun learning about how things go from farm field to table with these free farm sequencing worksheets.
- I Spy Farm Animals
The kids will love searching for all the different farm animals and items in these printable I spy sheets.
- Construction Worksheets
The kids will love this large pack of free learning activities for prek / k.
- Doctor Contraction Matching Game
Older kids will love practicing contractions with this fun printable matching game.
- Community Workers Pre-Writing Worksheet
Practice pre-writing skills with this fun community worker themed printable.
- When I Grow Up Preschool Emergent Reader Printable.
This free printable is fun activity and a great way to discuss different occupations with your preschooler
- Community Helper Prewriting Practice
Develop fine motor skills and practice pre-writing with this fun printable set.
- Community Helpers Bingo
Playing this bingo game is a fun way to build vocabulary and understanding about community helpers.
Community Helpers Math
Work on math skills with these fabulous community helper themed activities.
- Detective Themed Math Mysteries.
Become a detective with these fun printable math worksheets.
- Community Helper Vehicles Count & Clip Cards
These community helper vehicles count and clip cards are the perfect addition to a community helpers theme.
- Community Helper Vehicle Counting Puzzles
These printable puzzles are editable so you can use them to work on whatever number sequence or pattern you like.
- Fire Safety Worksheets
Practice number skills with these cute fire fighter worksheets.
- Community Heroes Lego Challenge
This is a great way to learn about and to honor those community heroes who do so much for all of us.
- Mailbox Math
This math game has a version with shapes and a version with numbers, great for some post office themed play.
- Spin the Wheel – Community Helpers Printable
Have fun learning about community helpers with this matching activity.
- Construction Counting Mat.
There are lots of ways you can use this free printable counting mat.
- Community Helper Graphing Game
This graphing game is so much fun the kids won’t notice they are learning.
- Community Helper Pattern Block Mats
Work on shapes, counting, number recognition and adding with these pattern block mats.
- Community Helper Mazes.
Help the community workers find their way with these fun maze worksheets.
- Community Helpers Count and Clip Cards: The Emergency Services.
This set of counting cards is themed to work with units and topics around People Who Help Us or Community Helpers.
- Printable Mail Number Matching.
This printable mail number matching activity is the perfect way to add in a little early math practice.
Community Helpers Crafts
We have lots of ideas to help children enjoy learning about community helpers including lots of community helpers preschool crafts.
- Free Firefighter Coloring Sheets
Learn about community helpers and work on fine motor control with these simple, FREE firefighter coloring sheets.
- Community Helper Puppets
Your kids will love making these cute paper bag puppets.
- Preschool Fire Truck Craft Handprint Art
Turn a handprint into cute firetruck art.
- DIY Pretend Play X-Rays
Learn about doctors and how they use xrays with this fun crafty idea.
- Fire Truck Craft with Flame Painting for Kids
This fun painting activity has great results.
- Cardboard Box Police Car
Make a police car to ride around in!
- Cereal Box Fireman’s Hat
Use these step by step instructions and a free template to make this adorable firefighter’s helmet!
- Policeman Paper Doll Free Printable.
Use this free printable to draw and color your own paper dolls.
- Garbage Truck Printable Craft
Use this printable template to make a fun garbage truck craft.
- Community Helpers Printable Paper Hats
Make a whole set of fun community helper hats!
- Painting With Toy Trucks.
This would be a super fun art activity to do as part of a construction worker theme.
- Paper Plate Handprint Police Car
You could make a whole squad of these cute police cars.
- Community Helper Stick Puppets
Make these easy puppets for a theme or lesson on community helpers or people’s jobs.
- Brush Your Teeth! Preschool Craft
Try this fun process art activity while you are learning about
- Fire (No Mess) Sensory Bag
This no-mess sensory and painting activity is perfect for a preschool community helpers unit.
- Popsicle Stick Firetruck.
Use popsicle sticks to make these cute fire engine craft.
- Fire Truck Craft with Easy Shapes.
This fire truck craft is easy for little fingers to build.
- Band Aid Art
The kids will love this art activity and it’s perfect for a doctor themed preschool unit.
- Syringe Squirt Art Community Helpers Craft
You’re definitely going to want to add this quick & easy activity to
your next Community Helpers preschool monthly theme!
- Skeleton Bones Ripped Paper Craft for Kids
This craft is great for working on fine motor skills and is perfect for
learning about doctors and nurses.
- How to Help Kids Thank Essential Workers
Use these printable coloring pages to help kids thank essential workers like our nurses, doctors, mail carriers, and grocery workers.
Community Helpers Science
Scientists are important community helpers in our society! So spend time exploring the work a scientist does by trying out these community helpers science activity. These Community helper science experiments will help kids be able to take on the role of a scientist!
- I Want to Be… STEM Coloring Pages
Kids will enjoy imagining what they life will be like when they’re grown up while using these fun STEM Coloring Pages.
- Simple Chemical Reaction Experiment
This easy chemical reaction experiment allows kids to learn about what chemists do in a fun hands on way.
- Homemade Butter Science Experiment
This food science activity is a great inclusion in a community helpers theme.
- Capillary Action Science Experiment
Your kids are going to be blown away by this fun, colorful science experiment
- Pop Rock Science Experiment
This is a really cool science experiment that all kids will LOVE.
- Let’s Learn About Our Brain
Be a brain surgeon and learn all about your brain!
- Save Lives with this Simple Fire Safety Experiment.
Be a firefighter and learn valuable lesson that could save lives with this simple fire safety experiment.
- Farm Animals and their Homes Flip Book
Learn all about life on the farm with these free printable books.
- DIY Stethoscope Science Experiment
Learn how a stethoscope works with this fun doctor themed experiment.
- Bubbles Fire Science Activity.
Try this simple bubbly science experiment.
Which of these community helpers science activities for kids will you try first?
Community Helpers Dramatic Play Ideas
Role playing and dramatic play is a great way for kids to explore and
learn about all kinds of community works. Try one of these fun community
helper dramatic play ideas with your kids.
- Workshop Dramatic Play.
Pretend to be construction workers, carpenters, craftsmen, or other types of builders.
- Dentist Play Dough Pretend Play
Let’s pretend to be a dentist!
- Doctor Pretend Play Printables
Kids will love becoming doctors with these super cute free doctor pretend play printables
- DIY Firefighter Costume for Kids!
Your kids will love dressing up in this quick and easy DIY firefighter costume
- How Kids Can Play Doctor
Have fun roleplaying a doctor.
- Printable Post Office Play Set.
These are great printables for setting up a post office at home or school.
- Pretend Play Veterinarian’s Office
The kids will love caring for their favorite stuffed animals in this
pretend play veterinarian’s office
- DIY X-Ray Machine Dramatic Play.
Make this super cool pretend x-ray machine!
- DIY Fire Extinguishers
This is a super fun way to role play being a firefighter.
- Road Work Small World
Set up this simple small world play scene for lots of road work and construction worker role play.
- DIY Toy Stethoscopes.
Make a stethoscope for your little doctor.
- Playing Doctor- Doctor Play Set For Kids
Make a doctor play set for your kids.
Community Helpers Activities
- Who are the People in Your Neighborhood? Preschool Class
Lots of ideas for having community helpers come speak with your kids in this article.
- Fire Safety Activities for Kids: Printables, Skills, & Books to Teach
Try these fun activities for kids to learn about fire safety.
- Teaching about Community Helpers to Kids- Printable 3-Part Cards
Use these printable matching cards to learn about lots of community helpers.
- Slime Construction Activity
Kids will have a blast digging, mixing, and dumpling this amazing, 2 ingredient Construction Slime Recipe
- Exploring careers with the Game of Life
Elementary age kids will have a blast exploring careers as they play The Game of Life game with new career cards.
- Band-Aids & Books: Talking to Kids About First Aid & Doctors
These activities and book suggestions are perfect for learning all about hospitals and doctors.
- Stop, Drop, and Roll Your Way to Fire Safety
Learn about fire safety and what firefighters do with these fun ideas.
- Community Helpers Roll and Cover Game.
Try this fun printable game for Pre-K kids.
- Fun ‘When I Grow Up’ Flashcards and Activities
There are lots of fun ideas for using these printable ‘When I grow up’ flashcards.
- Community Helper Sorting Mats
This printable activity is a great way to learn about community helpers.
- Community Helpers Recycling Sensory Bin
What a fun way to explore ideas and learn about garbage collectors.
And remember to plan field trips to your local fire and police stations, or invite a postal worker, construction worker or vet to visit.
Community Helpers Printables
- Free Community Helpers Coloring Pages – over 20 simple coloring pages exploring jobs
- Where do I Live – free printable project and fun idea for explaining how you live in a house, on a block, in a city, in a state, etc.
- All About Me Kindergarten (Expanding horizons social studies unit to teach kids about themselves, My Family, My Neighborhood, My Community Unit with lots of ideas & resources
- Lego All About Me Worksheet
- United States Coloring Pages – one page per state to learn about the state you live in
- Continents for Kids printable book
- 16 Countries for Kids Country Study Printable Books
- Community Heroes Lego Challenge
- Free Printable Community Signs Worksheets
- Community Helpers Crafts and Activities
- Printable Community Helper Writing Prompts
- Community Helpers Book Printable
- Doctor Pretend Play Printables
- Community Helpers Printable Wheel
- Construction Activities and Printables for Kids
- Farm Activities and Printables for Kids
Community Helper Books for Kids
You can read a different book each day of the week, Monday through Friday or read your favorite book (s) every day of the week. Kids love repetition, so don’t worry about boring them!
- Helpers in My Community
This beginner reader introduces kids to important people who make our communities cleaner, safer, and better.
- The Berenstain Bears: Jobs Around Town.
Classic favorites, the Berenstain Bear siblings learn to celebrate the many jobs and talents of others and begin to imagine where their own God-given gifts will take them.
- Community Helpers from A to Z.
This alphabet book shares community helpers, including emergency workers, medical workers, and the service industry.
- Whose Hands Are These?: A Community Helper Guessing Book
Can you guess all the jobs in this book based on the actions of the busy hands? This is a fun book celebrating all kinds of community workers.
- Whose Hat Is This?: A Look at Hats Workers Wear.
Can you guess whose hat is whose? This is another great guessing game book all about the different hats worn by construction workers, police officers, firefighters, and more.
- Let’s Meet a Doctor
This fun book is part of a great series of books where kids can meet a new community helper in each book.
Learn about all kinds of community workers as they rush to help during a variety of emergencies.
- Trashy Town.
This rhyming book is all about the essential work of garbage collection.
- National Geographic Readers: Helpers in Your Neighborhood.
This book is all about the importance of cooperation and the people who lead the way in our communities.
- Delivering Your Mail
This nonfiction picture book describes what a mail carrier is, how their mail truck works, and how the mail must get delivered no matter what the situation.
- Richard Scarry’s What Do People Do All Day?
Go on a fun visit to Busytown and find out how everyone spends their days.
- Clothesline Clues to Jobs People Do
This fun rhyming book will keep the kids busy guessing who belongs to the clothes hanging on the clothesline.
Grab one or all of these excellent community helper books to study with your kids.
Don’t miss our other free weekly themes for preschool, kindergarten, and elementary age kids!