This fascinating week-long Community Helpers Theme will make a fun week of lessons for your kids! All you have to do is pick your favorite books and select a couple of educational activities.
Community Helpers Theme
Books to Read
Choose between two options for using books in your space theme:
- You can read a different book each day of the week, Monday through Friday.
- Or read your favorite book (s) every day of the week. Kids love repetition, so don’t worry about boring them!
Grab one or all of these 5 excellent books to study with your kids:
Community Helpers Theme Language Arts Activities
Start your unit study by working on fine motor control with these Free Firefighter Coloring Sheets!
- Community Helpers Write and Color the Room
- Community Helpers Activities for Kindergarten Featuring Firemen
- Free – Community Helper 3 Parts Classified Cards
- The Ultimate Guide to Children’s Books About Firefighters
Your older kids will love practicing contractions with the Doctor Contraction Matching Game!
Community Helpers Theme Math Activities
Start your math day with these fun detective themed math mysteries!
- Community Helper Vehicles Count & Clip Cards
- Community Helper Vehicle Counting Puzzles
- Fire Safety Worksheets
Community Helpers Theme Art or Craft Projects
Your kids will love making Community Helper Puppets!
- DIY Pretend Play X-Rays
- Preschool Fire Truck Craft Handprint Art
- Fire Truck Craft with Flame Painting for Kids
- Cardboard Box Police Car
- Cereal Box Fireman’s Hat (Template included)
Or make this DIY Firefighter Costume for Kids!
Community Helpers Theme Science Activities
Scientists are important community helpers in our society! So spend Day 4 exploring the work a scientist does and trying out a few experiments. Just like a scientist!
- I Want to Be… STEM Coloring Pages
- Simple Chemical Reaction Experiment
- Homemade Butter Science Experiment
- Capillary Action Science Experiment
- Pop Rock Science Experiment
- Let’s Learn About Our Brain
- Save Lives with this Simple Fire Safety Experiment
And learn how a stethoscope works with this DIY Stethoscope Tutorial ~ Science Experiment!
Community Helpers Theme Social Studies and Fun!
- Who are the People in Your Neighborhood? Preschool Class
- Fire Safety Activities for Kids: Printables, Skills, & Books to Teach
- Teaching about Community Helpers to Kids- Printable 3-Part Cards
- Exploring careers with the Game of Life
- Band-Aids & Books: Talking to Kids About First Aid & Doctors
- Stop, Drop, and Roll Your Way to Fire Safety
- Dentist Play Dough Pretend Play
- 4 Fun Ways to Prep Kids for Fire Safety
- How Kids Can Play Doctor
And remember to plan field trips to your local fire and police stations!