Celebrate the arrival of spring or fall with this cute bug theme filled with a weeks worth of educatioanl bug activities for kids! This insect theme preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students has lots of preschool insect theme printables plus bug math activities, insect alphabet activities, and so much more!
Bugs can be a great way to introduce math concepts to kids. These insect themed activities can help you engage your children’s natural curiosity
and make math fun and accessible. From counting and measuring to graphing and sorting, these bug math activities will help children develop essential skills while having fun with their favorite creepy crawlies.
- Practice using a ruler with this super cute measuring bugs activity and free worksheet!
- These honey bee math activities from Homeschool Preschool, are perfect for spring and summer math centers.
- Practice telling the time with these free printable insect telling time puzzles
- Practice sorting shapes with these fun, free printable, hands on spider shape mats
- Kids will be excited to practice math with these bug themed math worksheets for pre-k and kindergarten students
- Make learning subtraction easier with this ladybug chant and math game from Capri Plus 3
- Help kids work on memorizing doubles addition facts to improve math fluency with this adorable, free printable Ladybug Addition Math Game.
- Kids will have fun practicing identifying shapes with these super cute, no-prep, printable spider shape worksheets for preschool and kindergarten
- Get buzzzzy practicing math with this fun, hands-on, bee ten frame math activity for pre k, kindergarten, and first grade students.
- Practice finding missing addends with these fun, free printable butterfly missing addend clip cards.
- These free printable butterfly math addition puzzles are a hands-on, engaging way to practice counting to 10
- Kids will have fun strengthening counting skills and fine motor skills with these free printable butterfly number sense activities.
- Make learning fun with these butterfly addition and subtraction worksheets, perfect for a butterfly or bug theme!
- Work on graphing and lots of math concepts with this fun, free printable bee graphing activity, perfect for kindergarten and above.
- Help the cute little snail find the missing numbers with this simple, fun, and free printable spring snail missing numbers activity.
- Work on counting, simple addition, and comparing sets with this butterflies roll and cover game from School time Snippets.
- These free printable bee counting cards from Homeschooling my Kinetic Kids are great for preschoolers.
- These cute printable ladybug counting mats are a fun early math activity for toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age children
- These ladybug playdoh counting mats from Fun with Mama are a great way to work on your child’s early math skills.
- Keep your kids engaged as they practicing learning the numbers from 1 through 10 with these cute Counting Bugs Worksheet
- This count and graph insect activity from School Time Snippets is a great way to practice graphing and counting skills.
- Help kids become familiar counting and recognizing numbers 1-20 with this Catch 20 Bug Counting game for Pre-k and Kindergarten
- The kids will have fun practicing counting 1-30 with these count and clip Bug themed counting to 30 worksheets
- Have fun practicing counting and one to one correspondence with these insect counting mats from A Dab of Glue Will Do.
- Your kids are going to go nuts over these really fun, hands on Silly Worm Count to 10 Sticker Worksheets
- This super cute catch 20 bugs math game is perfect for heling kids practice counting to 20.
- These caterpillar egg counting mats from Fantastic Fun and Learning are caterpillar egg perfect for practicing number recognition, and counting skills. Print this free counting bugs coloring book and your kids are ready to count and learn with creepy crawly insects!
- This bug jar counting game from Fun Learning for Kids makes learning to count fun and engaging.
- Help the bee get to the hive with this free printable Bee Counting Game
- Celebrate our amazing pollinators the bees with a fun buzzy bee math numbers 1-12 worksheets
Bug Language Activities
These bug theme language and literacy activities are perfect for kids of all ages. From letter recognition and writing practice, to beginning sounds and sight word practice, these insect activities will not only spark your child’s curiosity about the fascinating world of bugs but also improve their language and literacy skills.
- Help your young learners practice CVC words with this free printable spring caterpillar CVC words activity. This bee themed alphabet matching
game from Homeschool Preschool is perfect for spring!
- Kids will love learning about the life cycle of a ladybird with this free printable Ladybug Life cycle for Kids reader.
- Kids can create their own readers with this fun, coloring, cut and paste free printable bugs sight word books activity.
- Make practicing reading fun with this super cute, free printable bugs sight word games
- Print this caterpillar letter sounds matching activity from Fun Learning for Kids for a great, hands-on way to learn letters and their sounds.
- Kids will LOVE learning CVC words with these CVC Words printable bee punch cards.
- Match this Very Hungry Caterpillar activity from School Time Snippets with the book for great literacy learning.
- Practice pencil control with this fun bug themed prewriting printable from Artsy Momma.
- Practice initial blends with these fun, engaging, free printable bugs theme color by blend worksheets
- Have fun learning the ABCs and searching for upper and lowercase letters with these free printable bug themed find the letter worksheets
- Have fun making words with these bee hive movable alphabet cards from Homeschooling My Kinetic Kids.
- These Montessori insect 3 part cards from Fun with Mama are a great literacy activity for your bug theme.
- Practice letter recognition with this I is for insect colouring page from Messy Little Monster.
- Work on sorting letters into hives based on if the letter has curves or no curves with this fun, bee themed letter sort printable activity.
- This visual discrimination free printable bee themed letter sort printable activity has kids sorting letters based on if the letter has holes or no holes.
- Practicing listening for rhyming words with this fun, hands-on, free printable, beehive jive rhyming activity.
- Help kids practice rhyming with this fun, free printable, butterfly rhyming game that is perfect for a bug theme.
Bug Books for Kids
Don’t forget to add some bug books to your insect theme for lots of literacy learning. You could read a different insect book each day of the week, or read your favourite bug books every day. Kids love repetition, so don’t worry, they won’t get bored! Choose one of these awesome bug books for your bookshelf.
- Ultimate Bugopedia – This is a great non-fiction book full of lots of facts about bugs.
- Little Kids First Big Book of Bugs – this is a great non-fiction book all about bugs for toddlers and preschoolers.
- The Bug Book – this book is full of gorgeous photos and fun rhyming text.
- All About Insects – this is a fun Cat in the Hat Learning Library book that kids will love.
- Bugs: A Stunning Pop-up Look at Insects, Spiders, and Other Creepy-Crawlies – this is an amazing book full of intricate and interactive pop-up insects!
- Bugs! Bugs! Bugs! – this bright and colourful book full of bugs is perfect for toddlers and preschoolers who love creepy crawlies!
Find even more awesome bug books for preschoolers here
These super cool bug science activities will engage and inspire kids to learn more about the fascinating world of insects. With ideas for hands-on experiments, insect observation and investigations, there is something here that will be perfect for your bug theme.
- Explore the scientific process of chromatography by making this beautiful chromatography butterflies craft.
- Have fun learning what bees, bugs, and insects are doing when they are pollinating flowers, fruits, and vegetables with this simple pollination
- Learn all about ladybugs with these fascinating life cycle of a ladybug worksheets.
- Everyone will love this fun edible butterfly life cycle science activity from Little Bins for Little Hands.
- This free printable butterfly life cycle worksheet pack contains a huge variety of activities about the butterfly life cycle for kids.
- Kids will love observing the life cycle of a butterfly with this hatching butterflies activity with matching free printable worksheets.
- Have fun while you make a roly poly habitat from Fantastic Fun and Learning.
- This Ant Unit and lesson plans are great for kids of all ages and perfect for a bug theme.
- Try this backyard butterfly experiment from Share It Science.
- Have fun exploring spiders with these spider lesson plans and activities.
- Learn all about crickets as you create a cricket habitat and do this fun science experiment from Capri Plus 3.
- Learn all about bees with these honey bee life cycle 3-part cards from Homeschooling My Kinetic Kids.
- The kids will love trying this Butterfly Food Sensory Challenge from Preschool Powol Packets.
- See what amazing bugs you can catch doing this minibeast Ssafari from Rainy Day Mum.
- Try one of these science experiments with pill bugs from Capri Plus 3 to learn all about roly polys.
- Kids will love collecting bugs with these simple idea to explore bugs with a white sheet from Mother Natured.
- Learn all about emulsions with this quick-and-easy spider slime recipe
- Explore the world of water bugs with this macroinvertebrates for kids activity from Mother Natured.
- The kids will love making this cool lightning bug paper circuit card from Left Brain Craft Brain.
Bug Social Studies and Sensory Play
These bug social studies activities include ideas for dramatic play, social and emotional learning, cooking, and we’ve added lots of fun bug sensory activities too!
- This easy to set up bug sensory bin for kids is sure to be a hit with kids of all ages!
- Kids will love playing with this simple bug sensory bin from The Best Ideas For Kids.
- This is another easy idea for an insect and bugs sensory bin from Fun With Mama.
- Set up an entomology lab with these ideas for how to set up an insect pretend play lab from Early Learning Ideas.
- These super cute garden bug themed chocolate cupcakes from Eats Amazing look delicious!
- Help your kids learn about feelings with this bug theme emotions activity from The OT Toolbox.
- Try this fun and healthy apple bugs snack from Eats Amazing.
- Practice life skills with these buttoning skills with button bugs activity from There’s Just One Mommy.
- Get the kids moving with this set of bug action movement cards from Messy Little Monster.
- Make this colorful pasta insect sensory bin from Teaching Mama for your kids.
- Use this cute ladybug teacher thank you card from The Soccer Mom Blog to learn about manners and gratitude.
- Get the kids busy in the kitchen making these strawberry ladybugs from The Soccer Mum Blog.
- Try one of these 10 Kids Apps About Bugs from igamemom.
- Learn one of these bug songs with this list of insect sounds, songs and rhymes from Living Montessori Now.
These bug themed art and craft activities will have kids exploring the world of bugs through creativity, and also learning about different bug species and their habitats. Whether you are planning a bug learning unit, or simply looking for a fun and creative way to learn about bugs, these bug-themed art and craft activities are sure to spark their imagination and creativity.
- This shaving cream butterfly craft is surprisingly simple to make, but with incredibly beautiful results!
- Celebrate the arrival of spring or summer with this easy and beautiful tissue paper butterfly craft for kids.
- This simple butterfly pasta craft is a great art project for spring, and is perfect for preschoolers and older kids.
- Start saving egg cartons to make this super cute egg carton caterpillar craft.
- Use the free printable template and follow the simple step-by-step instructions to make this cute printable caterpillar craft.
- Kids will love making this cute honeycomb craft that is perfect as part of a bee or bug learning theme.
- Make one of these cute little walnut bugs from The Craft Train!
- Grab some yarn and make this happy cardboard tube bee craft from Buggy and Buddy.
- Save some egg cartons to make this funegg carton ladybug craft from Buggy and Buddy.
- This paper towel roll firefly craft from Buggy and Buddy is a great match for the Lonely Firefly book.
- This adorable clothes pin butterfly magnet craft from The Inspiration Edit will look great on your fridge.
- Collect some toilet rolls to make this super cute and easy-to-make toilet paper roll butterfly craft.
- The kids will love making and playing with this adorableladybug finger puppet from Artsy Momma.
- Use this clever idea to make gorgeous butterfly sponge prints from The Craft Train.
- Older kids will love making this needle felt spider craft from Blue Bear Wood.
- Make a garden full of butterflies with this fun mosaic pasta craft project.
- Make a whole colony with this super cute ant craft from Blue Bear Wood.
- Everyone will love making these fun and eassy toilet paper roll dragonflies from Red Ted Art.
- Fill your windows with this easy to make butterfly suncatcher craft with a free printable template.
- Everyone will love making their butterfly pop up from the flowers with this super cool pop-up butterfly craft with free printable templates.
Bug crafts for preschoolers
- Collect some bottle tops to make these adorable bottle top bugs and mini beasts from Red Ted Art
- Make some of these super cute and easy lady bird stones from Red Ted Art.
- Fill your garden with these fun outdoor pool noodle caterpillar from Growing Up Gabel.
- Try this simple butterfly yarn activity from Fun with Mama.
- This is a super cool glowing firefly craft from There’s Just One Mommy.
- Get a little messy while you make this fingerprint bug jar craft from Messy Little Monster
- Grab some disposable spoons to make this fun dragonfly craft from Laughing Kids Learn.
- Have fun making this cute little pom pom caterpillar from Easy Crafts for Kids
- This is such a fun and easy way to make sponge stamped ladybugs from Rainy Day Mum.
- Everyone will love learning how to make pine cone fireflies from Fireflies and Mudpies.
- Grab some craft supplies and make this paper plate ladybug from Fireflies and Mudpies.
- Have a go at making this easy and fun caterpillar craft from Fireflies and Mudpies.
- Try making this simple paper bag lightning bug kids craft from I Heart Crafty Things.
- The kids will love making this fun 3D paper butterfly craft from I Heart Crafty Things.
- Follow this step by step tutorial and learn how to draw a bee from Easy Peasy and Fun.
- Find some pipecleaners and make this easy and adorable bee finger puppet craft from A Dab of Glue will Do.
- Challenge your older kids to make this cardboard tube grasshopper recycling craft from The Craft Train!
- Save your kids’ footprints with this ladybug and bee footprint craft from Fun Hand Print Art.
These free insect printables are a fantastic way to get kids interested in the world of bugs. From coloring pages to activity sheets, these bug printables are a fun and educational resource for parents and teachers alike. They are perfect for rainy days, homeschooling, or just as a fun activity to do with your child.
- Kids will have fun practicing visual discrimination and counting with these super cute I Spy bugs printable activity sheets
- Use these fun backyard critters and bugs worksheet pack to extend learning while exploring in the backyard this spring and summer
- These fun, free printable insect life cycle mini books are great for young children to learn about four different insects.
- Help kids learn about the fascinating world of insects with these super cute, free Insect Coloring Pages for kids
- These free printable life cycle of a spider worksheets include math, literacy, and science learning for kids.
- Work on math and literacy skills while completing the activities in these free printable mosquito worksheets
- Celebrate all the amazing, creepy crawly insects around us with these super cute, free printable Bug Coloring Pages for kids
- Learn about some fascinating insects from around the world with these free printable insect worksheets
- Spend some time digging for worms in the garden, and then learn all about worms with these Earthworm Life Cycle Worksheets
- The kids will love this free printable what the bug learning activity from A Dab of Glue Will Do.
- Learn all about symmetry with these draw the missing half insect printable worksheets from Adventure in a Box.
- Older kids will love having a go at these bee sudoku puzzles from Gifts of Curiosity.
- Work on number recognition and fine motor skills while having fun with these free printable insect color by number worksheets.
- If you are looking for even more big themed printables, check out this huge list of free printable insect worksheets.
Try some of these fun and engaging activities and resources for a bug learning theme that you can use to create a memorable and educational
experience for your preschooler. Many of these insect activities for preschoolers are also perfect for toddler bug activities, and kindergarten bug activities too!
- Improve your children’s fine motor skills with this fun snail sticker craft from Messy Little Monster.
- Help preschoolers work on spelling their name with these free printable bug preschool name worksheet
- Preschoolers will love using a hole punch to practice counting to ten with these free printable butterfly math punch cards.
- Practice Letters A-Z with these free printable insect do a dot worksheets.
- Practice counting to ten with these super cute, hands on, count to ten spider playdough mats.
- Work on learning upper and lowercase letters and letter sounds with this fun peek-a-bug insect alphabet printable game.
- Practicing matching uppercase letters with lowercase letters with this free printable ladybug alphabet activityfor pre-k, preschool, and kindergarten
- These I is for Inchworm insect activities including a worm observation book are a great way to learn to the letter I and learn all about worms.
- Preschoolers will love making this potato stamp bee craft for spring!
- Kids can work on letter recognition and learning their name with this cute spider name craft
- Have fun learning with these no-prep, free printable fireflie counting worksheets
- This fun, taste-safe, borax-free, gummy worm edible slime is perfect for making with preschoolers and toddlers.
- Get out the playdough and have fun with these free printable insect playdough mats from Picklebums.
- Kids will love hunting for bugs with this fine motor bug activity for preschoolers from Views from a Step Stool.
- Toddlers and preschoolers will love this bug play dough invitatio from Fantastic Fun and Learning.
- Find even more ideas for a bug theme with these preschoolbee theme ideas
Leave a Reply