Looking for fun pasta crafts to make with leftover dyed pasta? This super pretty mosaic pasta project allows kids to create beautiful pasta pictures by pressing different colored noodles into clay. This pasta art is such a fun, engaging craft for kids of all ages from toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders too.
Pasta mosaic art
There are so many fun ways for kids to express themselves when making mosaic kids art. They can add small square piees of paper, tiles, stickers, etc together to make a picture. This pasta art makes a stunning pasta mosaic with air dry clay and colored pasta. You will love this engaigng project where children can express themselves as they make things that are important to them – flowers, trees, butterflies, cards, trucks, etc. This pasta craft for kids is fun for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students.
We came up with this craft as we had leftover colored pasta from a different project so it was a super quick pasta activity. All you need are a few simple materials to try this pasta art project:
- Colored Pasta – any kind (you can see how to dye pasta here)
- white airdry clay, orange, or colorful air dry clay
- parchment paper
Start by rolling some airdry clay on parchemnt paper into a 1″ thick rectangle, square, circle, or any shape you want your finished project to be in. Once you have an even surface, it’s time to set-out your dyed pasta and let kids start creating.
Depending on the age of your child you may want to help them think of some ideas before hand and perhaps sketch out what they want it to look like. This can save a lot of frustration later as they don’t like how it looks and have to remove pasta and re-roll the clay to form a nice shape again.
There are so many options and variations you can do from color of air dry clay to color of pasta, arrangement, and more!
Pasta Craft for Kids
Leave your pasta art project to dry until the clay is hard to the touch, see package directions for specifics.
- Lacing Flower Craft
- Pasta in clay Flower Crafts
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Pretty Cherry Blossom Craft for SpringFun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- Pretty red poppy craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Zinnia Fingerprint Flower Craft
- Hyacinth Flower Craft
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Grow Your own Crystal Flower Science
- White Dandelion Craft for Preschoolers
- 10+ Pasta Flower Crafts for Kids
- Beautiful Painted Flower Craft Preschool
- Delphinium Egg Carton Flowers Craft for Kids
Crafts Ideas for Kids
- Paper Roll Bunny Craft
- 100 Amazing Zoo Animal Crafts
- These tin foil art projects are fun-to-make and so pretty!
- Folded Paper Elephant Craft Bookmark
- Gorgeous Butterfly Shaving Cream Craft
- Painted Flower Craft Preschool
- Creative Pipe Cleaner Crafts kids will want to make
- Stunning Tissue Paper Rainbow Craft
- Bubble Wrap Painting Rain Craft
- EASY Stained Glass Pasta Art for Kids
- Mosaic Pasta Crafts for Kids
- Outrageously Cute Googly Eye Crafts
- Tissue Paper Butterfly Suncatcher Craft
- Star Wars Crafts that are from a galaxy far, far away
- Super cute Thing 1 and Thing 2 Craft
- Must-try Popsicle Stick Crafts
- Over 100 Fun Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super fun Spin Art Flower Craft for Kids
- This Monet art project for kids is a fun way to introduce famous artists for kids with a stunning project!
- Lovely Coffee Filter Crafts for kids
- Check out these toilet paper roll crafts
- Try these paper plate crafts for all occasions
- Clever Fall Crafts for Kids
- Silly Monster Crafts for kids of all ages
- Cute Handprint Alphabet Crafts from A to Z
- Letter Crafts sorted A-Z
- Learn your letters with these free printable alphabet crafts
Congratulations! I like all the educational activities on the web site. You are the best making the difference. Thank you so much. I will be recommending this page with other teachers at my school. God bless you!