Kids need lots of practicing adding and subtracting within 5 so they are quick and accurate to have a solid foundation for future math. This Fluency within 5 printable board game is a great way to practice with preschool, pre k, and kindergarten age students. The template for this addition and subtraction games is in the pdf file; simply print and play! Because practice makes perfect and having confidence and achieving math fluency within numbers 1 to 5 is one goal of Kindergarten.
Fluency within 5
It’s one thing to be able to count to 5, but quite another to quickly be able to add and subtract within those 5 numbers (or 6, if you include 0). This free printable math game allows preschoolers and kindergartners to easily practice addition within 5 and subtraction within 5 in cool math game. We love making learning fun and this fluency within 5 math game is such a fun way to work on the skill. Fluency within 5 Math Game helps students achieve math fluency with practice.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love that this low prep activity comes in color or black and white to save you on printer ink costs. Use this as extra practice, summer learning, math center in your classroom, Halloween themed math, or a supplement to your homeschool math curriculum.
Addition and Subtraction Games
Addition and subtraction games for kindergarten
Print in the math practice fluency games in color OR blackline version onto card stock.
Make the spinner by cutting around the circle carefully with scissors OR simply cutting a square shape that includes the spinner. Use a pencil tip and paper clip to spin OR add a brad. OR make a hole in the center, add a split pin and attach a paper clip for spinning.
You can use the included printable game pieces by cutting out of card, slip into a paper clip and get them to stand up by adding blu tac or play dough to the bottom of the paper clip. Alternatively, you can use manipulatives like buttons or Lego minifigures (our favorite way of playing!)
Kindergarten Math Game
- Place counters on START
- Spin the spinner
- Hold the number in your mind
- Move your counter to the next space that matches the number on the spinner
- Take it in turns, moving around the board to the END.
This is such a fun, hands on math game for kindergartners that helps achieve fluency while having FUN!
- Printable Addition Tic Tac Toe Math Game
- Gumball Math – Addition and Subtraction Practice
- 100 Epic Addition Activities
- Watermelon Addition Within 10 activity
- Fall Addition Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Sleeping Beauty Color by Addition Math Worksheets
- Hands-on Goldfish Addition Practice
- Pot of Gold Addition Practice
- Rubber Duckie Kindergarten Math activity
- Planting Seeds Free Addition Games
- Math Addition Worksheets Mini Book – Adding 0-12
- Deck of Cards Free Addition Worksheets
- Disney Princess Flashcards – Addition
- Printable Number Bonds Games
- Free Addition within 10 Games Printable
- Turkey Addition Thanksgiving Math Worksheets
- Apple Addition Coloring Pages
- Free Frog Math – Addition Game for Kids
- St Patricks Day Addition Practice
- Gingerbread Addition Math Game
- Math Mystery Pack – Solve Addition & Subtraction Word Problems
Looking for more subtraction worksheets and subtraction games to make learning to subtract fun? Check out these subtraction math ideas and free resources:
- Sandcastle Subtraction Craft
- Fun Addition and Subtraction Math Mystery Printables
- Subtraction within 5 Printable Board Game
- Fluency within 5 Subtraction Games for Kids
- Patriotic Subtraction Mats
- Subtraction Worksheets you turn into a mini book
- FUN Subtraction BINGO
- Thanksgiving Math Worksheets – Cut and Paste Subtraction Turkeys
- Gumball Math – practice adding and subtracting
- Goldfish Kindergarten Subtraction Games
- Build a Snowman Math Activity
- Candy Corn Subtraction Puzzles
- Subtraction Worksheets with a deck of cards
- Toy Story Subtraction Flash Cards Printable
- See even more FREE subtraction games worksheets!
Download FREE Fluency within 5 Math Game
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.