Kids need lots of practicing adding and subtracting within 5 so they are quick and accurate to have a solid foundation for future math. This Fluency within 5 printable board game is a great way to practice with preschool, pre k, and kindergarten age students. The template for this addition and subtraction games is in the pdf file; simply print and play! Because practice makes perfect and having confidence and achieving math fluency within numbers 1 to 5 is one goal of Kindergarten.
Fluency within 5
It’s one thing to be able to count to 5, but quite another to quickly be able to add and subtract within those 5 numbers (or 6, if you include 0). This free printable math game allows preschoolers and kindergartners to easily practice addition within 5 and subtraction within 5 in cool math game. We love making learning fun and this fluency within 5 math game is such a fun way to work on the skill. Fluency within 5 Math Game helps students achieve math fluency with practice.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love that this low prep activity comes in color or black and white to save you on printer ink costs. Use this as extra practice, summer learning, math center in your classroom, Halloween themed math, or a supplement to your homeschool math curriculum.
Addition and Subtraction Games
Addition and subtraction games for kindergarten
Print in the math practice fluency games in color OR blackline version onto card stock.
Make the spinner by cutting around the circle carefully with scissors OR simply cutting a square shape that includes the spinner. Use a pencil tip and paper clip to spin OR add a brad. OR make a hole in the center, add a split pin and attach a paper clip for spinning.
You can use the included printable game pieces by cutting out of card, slip into a paper clip and get them to stand up by adding blu tac or play dough to the bottom of the paper clip. Alternatively, you can use manipulatives like buttons or Lego minifigures (our favorite way of playing!)
Kindergarten Math Game
- Place counters on START
- Spin the spinner
- Hold the number in your mind
- Move your counter to the next space that matches the number on the spinner
- Take it in turns, moving around the board to the END.
This is such a fun, hands on math game for kindergartners that helps achieve fluency while having FUN!
- Printable Addition Tic Tac Toe Math Game
- Gumball Math – Addition and Subtraction Practice
- Free Christmas Addition worksheets
- Fall Addition Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Sleeping Beauty Color by Addition Math Worksheets
- Hands-on Goldfish Addition Practice
- Crack the Code Worksheet – Addition Practice
- Pot of Gold Addition Practice
- Rubber Duckie Kindergarten Math activity
- Planting Seeds Free Addition Games
- Math Addition Worksheets Mini Book – Adding 0-12
- Printable 1st grade math worksheets – handy no-prep math practice that can be used as mad minutes!
- Deck of Cards Free Addition Worksheets
- Disney Princess Flashcards – Addition
- Free Addition within 10 Games Printable
- Turkey Addition Thanksgiving Math Worksheets
- Apple Addition Coloring Pages
- Free Frog Math – Addition Game for Kids
- St Patricks Day Addition Practice
- Gingerbread Addition Math Game
- Math Mystery Pack – Solve Addition & Subtraction Word Problems
- Cute Lion Addition Games to 5
Looking for more subtraction worksheets and subtraction games to make learning to subtract fun? Check out these subtraction math ideas and free resources:
- Sandcastle Subtraction Craft
- FUN Subtraction BINGO
- Goldfish subtraction games for Kindergarten
- Hungry Unicorn Subtraction – sensory math activities
- Patriotic Subtraction Mats
- Free Valentine’s day subtraction worksheets
- Toy Story Subtraction Flash Cards
- Roll and Smash within 6 (great for strengthening hand muscles) – subtraction activities
- Subtraction Smash – FUN subtraction practice for kindergartners within 10
- Roll & Subtraction Smash printable activity for kids within 12 (with number sense)
- Fill-in-the-Wheel Free Math Subtraction Worksheets
- Fun and FREE Subtraction Worksheets with a deck of cards
- Math Aquarium – Free Subtraction File Folder Game
- Free Printable Subtraction worksheets pdf you turn into a mini book
- Pot of Gold Subtraction Math Craft
- Hibernating Animals Simple Subtraction Worksheets
- Lemon Free Subtraction Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Thanksgiving Math Worksheets – Cut and Paste Subtraction Turkeys
- Subtraction Playdough Mats
- Animal Crack the Code Worksheet – simple addition and subtraction
- Back to School Crack the Code Worksheet – simple addition and subtraction
- Christmas Fact Family Math
- Watermelon Fact Family Worksheets
- See even more FREE subtraction games worksheets!
Addition and Subtraction Worksheets
- Math Mystery subtraction printables
- Solve and Stamp Addition and Subtraction Worksheets
- Addition and Subtration Games Printable within 5
- Gumball Math Addition and subtraction worksheets
- Fluency within 5 addition and subtraction fluency games
- Subtraction & Addition Candy Corn Math Puzzles
- Hot chocolate math – addition and subtraction fact family worksheets
- Snowman Math – build a snowman by solving addition and subtraction problems
- Christmas Fact Families – addition and subtraction worksheets
- Star Wars Math Activities: Addition and Subtraction to 20
- Butterfly Addition and Subtraction Kindergarten
- Kindergarten Free Summer Math Worksheets
- Math Cootie Catcher – addition, subtraction, numbers, dubbling
- Free Fact Family Worksheets – color or black & white
- Apple Kindergarten Math Worksheets
- Nocturnal Animals Printable Addition and Subtraction Games
We have thousands more Free Kindergarten Worksheets and Kindergarten Math Worksheets to make learning fun and easy for kindergartners!
FREE Fluency within 5 Math Game
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
Leave a Reply