Looking for a festive way to practice fact families? This hands-on Christmas Fact Families activity allows first grade, 2nd grade, and kindergarten age children practicing addition and subtraction within 10. This free Christmas Printables combines both a hands-on activity and Christmas Math Worksheets that makes learning both fun and engaging with Christmas trees and ornaments.
Christmas Fact Families
The prep for this Free Christmas Fact Families Activity is quick and easy. Just print your Christmas printables and you are ready for addition within 10 and subtraction within 10 practice for kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students this holiday season. It combines both a free Christmas math worksheet and printable Christmas Math activity to bring the excitement and joy or the season to your classroom or homeschool. Use this as extra practice, math center, or supplement to your homeschooling math curriculum.
Christmas Math Worksheets
Optional: You can laminate to add extra durability. You can also laminate your recording sheets so that they can be written on with dry erase markers.
Lay out the trees and fact cards. You can easily differentiate this activity by limiting how many fact families you lay out at a time. I recommend doing 2 at a time. The recording sheets are designed to be used 2 at a time, as well.
So now that you have your two fact families and all of the coordinating ornament fact cards laid out, it is time to sort them. Have them place the ornament cards under or near the tree that has the correct family of numbers. Remind them to pay close attention to the numbers that are in each family. Each family will have 4 facts.
Now that they have the Hands on Christmas Fact Families Activity sorted, it is time to write them on the recording sheet. This will give them a chance to write them and practice their fact families again. Have them pay close attention to the addition and subtraction signs in the equations. Check to make sure that they have written them correctly. If they accidentally made a mistake by putting the numbers in the wrong order like 9+5=4, then read it out loud to them, sometimes hearing it out loud helps them realize it doesn’t make sense. You can also use small manipulatives like mini erasers to demonstrate to help them visually see the equations.
This is such a fun math activity for Christmas learning in December!
Christmas Math Activity
And if you’re looking for other Christmas themed math practice, check out the FREE “12 Days of Christmas Math” which includes math activities and games for Kindergarten through Algebra!
- Roll and Cover Christmas Math for Preschoolers
- Christmas Connect the Dots (counting to 10 or 15)
- Count to 20 Christmas Playdough Mats
- Pack of Christmas Dot to Dot Worksheets (counting 1-50)
- Free Christmas Fact Families with addition and subtraction practice
- Free Christmas Hundreds Chart Coloring Worksheets (counting to 100)
- Twas the Night Before Christmas Printables Count to 10 Booklet
- Stringing Lights Christmas Math Activities learning Patterns with playdough
- Christmas Counting Cookies Clip Cards
- Cut and Paste Christmas Math Worskheets reviewing addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Solve & Stamp: Christmas Math Worksheets (addition/subtraction)
- Fun Christmas Skip Counting Puzzles
- Christmas Cut and Paste Shape Worksheets
- Counting Christmas Cookies Christmas Playdough Mats
- Christmas Color by Number – color by addition and subtraction
- Christmas Greater Than Less Than Worksheets
- Decorate a Christmas tree with math – Christmas Word Problems
- Bingo Dauber Christmas Math Worksheets
- Christmas Skip Counting Worksheets
- Decorate the Math Christmas Tree by solving equations adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing
- 20 Amazing Christmas STEM Activities
- Christmas Number Tracing Printables
Free Christmas Printables
Looking for ideas for fun Christmas learning with free Christmas printables? Check out these fun resources:
- Fun Christmas Playdough Mats
- Alphabet Ornaments to trace and erase
- HUGE Pack of Christmas Worksheets for Preschool
- Christmas Science Experiments
- Free Christmas Tracing Sheets
- Word Family Christmas Printables
- Find the Letter Free Christmas Worksheets
- Gingerbread Man Rhyme Puzzles
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt Online Free
- Cute Christmas Sight Word Worksheets
- Christmas Alphabet Game
Christmas Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun Christmas printables, Christmas Crafts, and Christmas activities to fill your holiday calendar? Check out these fun ideas!
- Free Christmas Bingo Printable
- Printable Christmas Pictionary
- This Puffy Gingerbread Paint smells AMAZING!
- FUN Rudolph Race Game for kids with balloons
- Christmas Crafts for Kids book with over 100 Christmas Activities, Crafts, and Recipes for families to enjoy together during the month of December.
- Easy-to-Make Puffy Snow Paint
- Printable Hat Preschool Christmas Crafts
- Precious Snowman Handprint Ornament
- Beautiful Melted Crayon Ornaments
- Printable Christmas Names Cards with jokes
- How to Make Salt Dough Christmas Ornaments
- Simple Paper Strip Christmas Tree Ornament
- Epic Grinch Themed Party
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornament Recipe
- 200+ Christmas Crafts and Activities
- See all of our Christmas for kids crafts, activities, recipes, and printables here!
Free Christmas Worksheets
Looking for more huge Christmas Worksheets to make practicing math and literacy fun for kids? You will love these huge, free printable packs for December!
Free Christmas Fact Families Activity
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.