Celebrate Back to School with a fun math activity! These Crack the Code Worksheets make practicing addition and subtraction fun for kindergarten and first grade students.
Crack the Code Worksheets
Practice makes perfect! These free math worksheets help kids get excited about practicing addition and subtraction within 20 by turning the equations into a puzzle to crack. Students will become detectives to figure out what the equation is before they can solve the equation. Plus these pages are covered with school themed clipart to keep them engaged the first day of school.
You will love that the answer key is included so you can quickly check your child’s answers!
Crack the Code Math
Print the pages and set out with a pencil, crayon, markers, or colored pencil and you are ready to practice addition.
HINT: The pages are in black and white to save you on printer ink costs!
FREE Addition and Subtraction Worksheets
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these clever, printable math sheets to ease back into learning. These worksheets are perfect for a 1st day of school theme, end of summer learning, math centers, and so much more! So grab your sleuth hat, magnifying glass, and writing utensil and you are ready to solve the clues as you become a math detective!
Kindergartners and grade 1 students will fill in the equation by looking at the school supply item and writing down the number it represents in the code above. Then they will solve the code by solving the addition problem they made.
The Math Worksheets for Kindergartners include images of common school supplies such as scissors, crayons, glue, staplers, tape, books, pencil sharpener, pencil, paper clips, and an eraser. Besides being great activity for math practice, it is also great for helping to strengthen hand muscles so children are ready for additional writing. So make sure you encourage students to color in the pictures along the way. Each page has 9 math equations for kids to solve!
Back to School Printables
We have lots of other fun, clever back to school worksheets to help kids get excited about going back to school! Check out these free resources:
- Glue Stick rhyming activities for first grade
- Work on phonics and literacy with these adorable Crayon Box CVC Activities
- School Bus Letter Matching Game
- Glue Stick Number Bonds Worksheets
- Work on color recognition with these adorable Crayon Box Craft for Preschoolers and Kindergartens
- Celebrate the first day of school by making one of these free Back to School Hats
- Count to 20 Clip Cards
- Back to School Counting Puzzles
- Printable Back to School ABC Games
- Back to School 1-10 Number Worksheets
- Back to School Color by Number
- Free School Supplies Tracing Worksheet
- I Spy Back to School Printable
- Free Back to School Worksheets Preschool
- Back to School Theme for Preschoolers
- Apple Worksheet Preschool
- School Bus Beginning Sounds Activity
- Free Back to School Coloring Pages
- Free printable first day of school signs
- School Supplies Tracing Lines Free Printables
- Super Cute and Easy Pencil Craft
- Free Back to School Worksheets – Crack the Code
- School Supplies Free sudoku printables
- Back to School Printables Bundle
FREE Printable Addition Worksheets
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!