Ending Punctuation Worksheets
Want your first grade or kindergarten kiddos to work on their sentence types and ending punctuation? Have them do these fun pencil themed clip cards. These will work well for a back to school review, during grammar centers, or even throughout the year as review or practice. I had my ESL kids in mind when making these – they will work well for them too!
- A4 paper
- Dry erase markers
Print as many sets of these strips as you need for each group in your class. These can be worked on during literacy stations and in small groups.
Ending Punctuation Worksheets for 2nd Grade
There are 14 strips and 7 editable blank strips for you to add your own sentences to the pack. Print and use a black permanent markers and laminate them before you cut them apart.
How to use:
- Have the kids read the sentence carefully (one strip at a time).
- They will then identify if the sentence is a question, statement, exclamatory or command.
- They will then write the ending punctuation using a dry erase marker.
- Then clip the ending punctuation with a peg.
- As an extension activity, I get my students to copy those sentences in their books. This is completely optional but it does help them develop their writing skills too.
Back to School Printables
These strips can be differentiated, so you can definitely use the empty editable page and add your own sentences to make simpler or more complex sentences for your students depending on their ability.
This is a great way to help kids practice and develop their grammar skills in a fun and engaging way. Do you ELL kids need more activities? My students always do! It’s essential that we provide them with plenty of ways to practice their grammar skills for improved language development.
- Sentence Pizza Parlor Activity
- Building Sentences with Sight Words: Cut & Paste
- Silly Sentences with Sticks
- Make Your Own Bug Sight Word Reader: Bugs
- Sentences Scrambles
- Smore Sentence Game
- Lego Sentence Building
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? See more of our 1st grade worksheets plus our history lesson plans, free math games, english worksheets, sight words activities, alphabet worksheets, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!
First Day of School Printables
Get ready for the first day of school with your 1st day signs, a fun game, 1st day of school craft, and these cute coloring pages!
- First Day of School Signs
- Free Printable First Day of Preschool Sign
- Back to School BINGO
- Celebrate by making a cute, free printable First Day of School Preschool Craft
- First Day of School Hat Craft for Kindergartners
- Printable Back to School Coloring Pages
Back to School Printables
We have lots of other fun, clever back to school worksheets to help kids get excited about going back to school! Check out these free resources:
- School Supplies tracing lines worksheets for 3 year olds
- Back to School Lego Challenge First Week of School Activities
- Super Cute and Easy Pencil Craft
- Crack the Code Back to School Worksheets – addition and subtraction
- Pencil themed Fraction Puzzles
- Work on phonics and literacy with these adorable Crayon Box CVC Words Activity
- Free Hand Washing Printables
- Lots of clever Back to School Crafts or these Back to School Crafts ideas
- Back to School Pencil Punctuation Activities
- Glue Stick rhyming activities
Back to School Activities
- School Bus Beginning Sounds First Day of School Activities
- Color by Hundreds Chart Back to School Worksheets
- Sticky Number Bonds Worksheets
- School Bus Letter Matching Game
- Glue Stick Number Bonds Worksheets
- What Comes Next Back to School Math
- Back to School Activity with Crayon Box Letter Matching Puzzles
- Cute Crayon Box Craft to work on learning colors
- Back to School themed Number Matching Activity
- I Spy Colors Crayon Worksheet
- Back to School Theme Preschool
- School Bus Letter Matching Puzzles – First Day of School Activities
- Free Back to School Worksheets Preschool
- I Spy Back to School Worksheets
- School Supplies Tracing Worksheet
- Back to School Color by Number Worksheets
- Cute Back to School Activity Count to 20 Clip Cards
- Pencil themed Counting Puzzles for Preschoolers
- Printable Back to School ABC Games
- Back to School Preschool Number Worksheets 1-10
- Playdough Counting Mat Bus Activities for Preschoolers
- Back to School Printables Bundle
- All About Me Graphic Organizer for the 1st day of school
- Lego All About Me Worksheet
- All About Me Worksheet
- Watermelon All About Me Poster
- Clever All About Me Puzzle
- All About Me Poster Pennants
Download Ending Punctuation Pencil Clip Cards
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.