Looking for a fun summer activities for first grade? This word endings game has a fun ice cream theme and coordinationg word ending worksheets to help 1st grade and 2nd graders practice adding endings to words. This language arts activity is a fun word endings activity adding s, ed, ing, and er to words. Simply download pdf file with plural s worksheet pages.
Word Ending Activities
I love making learning fun for my kids! Here is a really fun, hands on, and easy way for kids to practice word endings s, ing, er, and ed. This activity is a lot of fun for Kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade kids. My daughter loved the ice cream theme. She was actually asking to do her language arts activity. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler you will love that this ice cream activity for kids is perfect for adding some learning to your ice cream theme. Included in the ice cream printables are adding ing worksheet, and adding ed worksheet, and adding er worksheet, and plural s worksheet.
Word endings game
Word Endings Worksheets
Print, laminate (for durability), and cut apart the colored sheets. These can be used and re-used as many time and with as many students as you need.
- 29 words covering word endings: s, ing, er, and ed (includes blank cone for adding more words as needed)
- Includes self- checking answer key
- Includes folder label with directions and ice cream scoops with word endings phonics rules
Summer Activities for first grade
Then print off black and white suffixes worksheets for kids to write down the words with the correct word endings.
- 4 pages of word endings worksheets covering all 29 words
- Blank worksheet to add words as needed
- Answer key
Start with the fun, hands-on ice cream themed word endings activity. Add scoops to the cones for each of the word endings that will work.
Now write the words you created on the word ending worksheet. If their are any endings that do not apply, just draw a dash through the box. Make sure to follow rules to double consonants to write the words correctly.
Continue until all the ice cream cones are topped with scopes of the correct word endings and you’ve written all the possible words on your worksheets.
Also included in the set is an answer key to check your work and cute cones with rules for adding the word endings to make a fun literacy center or activity.
Language Arts Activities for Kids
- Cars Punctuation Games
- Cut and Paste Sentences Worksheets
- Connect 4 Spelling Practice Worksheets – work with any list!
- Free Writing Prompts – LOTS for elementary age students with rules lines, creative prompt calendars, and more!
- Detective Themed Dictionary Skills Worksheets
- Band Aid Contraction Game
- Minion Contraction Games
- Contraction Bingo Game
- Doctor Contraction Words Game
- Synonym Puzzles for Kids
- Printable Homograph Games
- FREE Animal Antonyms Puzzles
- Contraction Dominoes
- Dinosaur Bones Punctuation Game
- Hershey Kiss Word Family Activities
- Ice Cream Word Endings Game
- Marshmallow Incident’s Noun and Verb Games Printable
- Free Spelling Dictionary
- Or learn about parts of speech with Taboo Grammar Game
- Practice Building Sentences with this Pizza Parlor Activity
- Parts of Speech BINGO – practice with noun, verb, adverb, adjectives, and more!
- Free Reading Log Printables – including Cars, Frozen, summer, and so many more!
- S’more Complete Sentences Game
- Solve it! Parts of Speech Games Printable
- Pizza Parlor Sentence Building Games
- Free Book Report Template
Ice Cream Activities
- Free Printable Ice Cream Math Worksheets, adding to 10 Ice Cream Cut and Paste Activity, Popsicle Division Puzzles , scoop Place Value Ice Cream sundae, hands-on Place Value Ice Cream Cone
- Ice Cream Scoop Pattern Activity, free Ice Cream Worksheets, ice cream counting printable math craft, Popsicle counting, Count to 10 Number Popsicles, scoop pom-pom ice cream counting printable, free Ice Cream Worksheets Preschool count to ten
- Count to 20 and build free printable ice cream sundae template, free Ice Cream Math Game , FUN playdough ice cream pattern printable hands-on addition Ice Cream Math task cards, shape Ice Cream Playdough Mats, popsicle Shape Sorting Printable Free
- Alphabet ice cream handwriting paper, free Ice Cream alphabet printable puzzles, Ice Cream Theme ABC mats, Alphabet Popsicles matching capital and lowercase letters, popsicles fun letter tracing
- Free popsicle stick letters free template, Ice Cream Compound Word Puzzles or this other set of ice cream compound words
- Practice adding Ice Cream scoop endings to words with this word endings worksheets, Printable Digraph Activities for first grade scooping Ice Cream, cut and paste sentences ice cream worksheets, popsicle rhyme and dab Summer Literacy Activity
- Edible ice cream sand castle summer snack for kids, AMAZING ice cream play doh recipe, cute Summer Bucket List Ideas, color matching Ice Cream Theme activity, simple Ice Cream Coloring Pages pdf
- How to Make ice cream in a bag science experiment worksheet, 2 ingredient Gummy Bear Popsicles are so COLORFUL, try our delicious and EASY How to make homemade ice cream
- TONS of cute Ice Cream Craft Preschool, EPIC Ice Cream Volcano, cute I Spy I spy ice cream, preschool Ice Cream Handprint Craft, simple Ice Cream craft using washi tape, bubble wrap and Puffy Paint Ice Cream craft, Ice Cream Name Craft with template, free printable Ice Cream Coloring Pages
Word Endings Ice Cream Shop
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.