Looking for a fun summer activities for first grade? This word endings game has a fun ice cream theme and coordinationg word ending worksheets to help 1st grade and 2nd graders practice adding endings to words. This language arts activity is a fun word endings activity adding s, ed, ing, and er to words. Simply download pdf file with plural s worksheet pages.
Word Ending Activities
I love making learning fun for my kids! Here is a really fun, hands on, and easy way for kids to practice word endings s, ing, er, and ed. This activity is a lot of fun for Kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade kids. My daughter loved the ice cream theme. She was actually asking to do her language arts activity. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler you will love that this ice cream activity for kids is perfect for adding some learning to your ice cream theme. Included in the ice cream printables are adding ing worksheet, and adding ed worksheet, and adding er worksheet, and plural s worksheet.
Word endings game
Word Endings Worksheets
Print, laminate (for durability), and cut apart the colored sheets. These can be used and re-used as many time and with as many students as you need.
- 29 words covering word endings: s, ing, er, and ed (includes blank cone for adding more words as needed)
- Includes self- checking answer key
- Includes folder label with directions and ice cream scoops with word endings phonics rules
Summer Activities for first grade
Then print off black and white suffixes worksheets for kids to write down the words with the correct word endings.
- 4 pages of word endings worksheets covering all 29 words
- Blank worksheet to add words as needed
- Answer key
Start with the fun, hands-on ice cream themed word endings activity. Add scoops to the cones for each of the word endings that will work.
Now write the words you created on the word ending worksheet. If their are any endings that do not apply, just draw a dash through the box. Make sure to follow rules to double consonants to write the words correctly.
Continue until all the ice cream cones are topped with scopes of the correct word endings and you’ve written all the possible words on your worksheets.
Also included in the set is an answer key to check your work and cute cones with rules for adding the word endings to make a fun literacy center or activity.
Ice Cream Activities
If you are looking for more ice cream activities to add to your ice cream theme of summer learning, check these out!
- AMAZING, Edible Play doh ice cream Recipe that scoops like ice creaam!
- Ice Cream Themed, Summer Bucket List Ideas
- Work on tracing letter with these free Alphabet Ice Cream Printables
- Delicious Alphabet Ice Cream Printables Puzzles to help kids practice matching upper and lowercase letters
- Check out these Alphabet Mats for your Ice Cream Theme
- Practice adding to to with these cute Make 10 Ice Cream Math
- Cute, Hands-on Number Bonds Ice Cream Activity
- Printable Digraph Activities for first grade scooping Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Compound Word Activity
Ice Cream Theme
- FUN Ice Cream Place Value Kindergarten Activity
- Or scoop a sunday with this Place Value Activity for grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students
- Cut and paste sentences with this Sentence Scrambles to make your own Ice Cream Reader for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students
- Practice adding Ice Cream scoop endings to words with this word endings activities
- Color Matching Activity for your Ice Cream Theme
- Simple Ice Cream Coloring Pages
- Fun and EASY How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag
- Try our delicious and EASY How to make homemade ice cream
- Practice Addition with this Ice Cream Math task cards using playdough!
Ice Cream Printables
- TONS of cute Ice Cream Craft Preschool
- Cute I Spy ice cream games for kids
- Make practicing math fun with these fun Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Simple Ice Cream craft using washi tape for toddlers, preschoolers and kindergartners.
- Fun-to-Make, Printable Ice Cream Math Craft
- Count to 20 as you Build your Ice Cream Math Sundae
- Scoop up Ice Cream Counting Printable
- Ice Cream Math Game Book Based Activity for Kindergartners
- I is for Ice Cream handart project for kids
- Practice completing patterns with this FUN Ice Cream pattern activity for preschoolers
- Hands-on Ice Cream Shapes Playdough Mats
Language Arts Activities for Kids
- Cars Punctuation Games
- Cut and Paste Sentences Worksheets
- Connect 4 Spelling Practice Worksheets – work with any list!
- Free Writing Prompts – LOTS for elementary age students with rules lines, creative prompt calendars, and more!
- Detective Themed Dictionary Skills Worksheets
- Band Aid Contraction Game
- Minion Contraction Games
- Contraction Bingo Game
- Doctor Contraction Words Game
- Synonym Puzzles for Kids
- Printable Homograph Games
- FREE Animal Antonyms Puzzles
- Contraction Dominoes
- Dinosaur Bones Punctuation Game
- Hershey Kiss Word Family Activities
- Ice Cream Word Endings Game
- Marshmallow Incident’s Noun and Verb Games Printable
- Free Spelling Dictionary
- Or learn about parts of speech with Taboo Grammar Game
- Practice Building Sentences with this Pizza Parlor Activity
- Parts of Speech BINGO – practice with noun, verb, adverb, adjectives, and more!
- Free Reading Log Printables – including Cars, Frozen, summer, and so many more!
- S’more Complete Sentences Game
- Solve it! Parts of Speech Games Printable
- Pizza Parlor Sentence Building Games
- Free Book Report Template
Word Endings Ice Cream Shop
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
Leave a Reply