Help students practice identifying digraphs for kids with these fun, summer digraph games. In these ice cream printables kindergarten and first graders can match the picture on the cone with the digraph scoop of ice cream. Use these digraph activities in your ice cream theme or summer learning, summer camps to help kids strengthen reading and spelling skills. This phonics activity is such a fun summer activity for kids! Simply download pdf file with free puzzles features both beginning digraphs and ending digraphs.
- ch digraphs – cheese, chair
- sh digraphs – ship, shoe
- wh digraphs – whale, wheel
- th digraphs – thermos, throne
- ph digraphs – photo, phone
- qu digraphs – queen, quilt
- words ending with ch for kindergarten – bench, beach
- words that end with th for kindergarten – bath, mouth
- words ending with sh for kindergarten – brush, fish
- words that end with ck for first grade – duck, sock
- words ending with ng – ring, sing
Digraph activities for first grade
As children progress in phonics they work on blends and digraphs chart. Digraphs are two consonants that make one sound such as /TH/ says thumb (phoneme). CH in the word “chair” and PH in the word “phone” are both examples of digraphs. Consonant blends have two constonants that each still make their own sound such as . If you are looking for more blends for kids games, worksheets, and activities? Check out these resoures or see all our digraph activities or consonant activities.
- Spring Digraph Activities for 2nd grade Puzzles
- Printable Digraph Games for working on sh, ch, th words
- Ice Cream Puzzles Digraph Game for summer learning
- Build-a-Digraph Activities free Puzzle
- Digraph BINGO Game
- Build-a-Flower Digrah Activity – pr, bl, ch, sk, gr, pl, sh, wh, ph, th
- Ending Digraphs BUMP GAME – ch, sh, ck, th
Trigraphs make a single sound that is represented by three letters. For example: In the word ‘match’, the three letters ‘tch’ at the end make only one sound.
- Trigraph Worksheets – color and read spr, squ, str trigraphs
- Printable Trigraphs list pdf color and read spl, scr, shr
- Trigraph Workhseets – cut and paste to learn spl, str, spr trigraph words
- Bingo Dauber Trigraphs Worksheets make learning squ, shr, scr fun
- THR Words activity with playdough!
- EAR sound words Domino game
- Trigraph Phonics Blending Games
- ge and dge words boardgame
A diphthong is a sound formed by combining two vowels in a single syllable. The sound begins as one vowel sound and moves towards another. The two most common diphthongs in the English language are the letter combination “oy”/“oi”, as in “boy” or “coin”, and “ow”/ “ou”, as in “cloud” or “cow
- Diphthong games
- See additional resources above under vowel teams
Ice Cream Activities
- Free Printable Ice Cream Math Worksheets, adding to 10 Ice Cream Cut and Paste Activity, Popsicle Division Puzzles , scoop Place Value Ice Cream sundae, hands-on Place Value Ice Cream Cone
- Ice Cream Scoop Pattern Activity, free Ice Cream Worksheets, ice cream counting printable math craft, Popsicle counting, Count to 10 Number Popsicles, scoop pom-pom ice cream counting printable, free Ice Cream Worksheets Preschool count to ten
- Count to 20 and build free printable ice cream sundae template, free Ice Cream Math Game , FUN playdough ice cream pattern printable hands-on addition Ice Cream Math task cards, shape Ice Cream Playdough Mats, popsicle Shape Sorting Printable Free
- Alphabet ice cream handwriting paper, free Ice Cream alphabet printable puzzles, Ice Cream Theme ABC mats, Alphabet Popsicles matching capital and lowercase letters, popsicles fun letter tracing
- Free popsicle stick letters free template, Ice Cream Compound Word Puzzles or this other set of ice cream compound words
- Practice adding Ice Cream scoop endings to words with this word endings worksheets, Printable Digraph Activities for first grade scooping Ice Cream, cut and paste sentences ice cream worksheets, popsicle rhyme and dab Summer Literacy Activity
- Edible ice cream sand castle summer snack for kids, AMAZING ice cream play doh recipe, cute Summer Bucket List Ideas, color matching Ice Cream Theme activity, simple Ice Cream Coloring Pages pdf
- How to Make ice cream in a bag science experiment worksheet, 2 ingredient Gummy Bear Popsicles are so COLORFUL, try our delicious and EASY How to make homemade ice cream
- TONS of cute Ice Cream Craft Preschool, EPIC Ice Cream Volcano, cute I Spy I spy ice cream, preschool Ice Cream Handprint Craft, simple Ice Cream craft using washi tape, bubble wrap and Puffy Paint Ice Cream craft, Ice Cream Name Craft with template, free printable Ice Cream Coloring Pages
Digraph Ice Cream Puzzles
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
Hi Beth. Just wandering why when I print your free projects the back ground comes out black. Because when I look at the ice cream puzzles it shows a white back ground .
I love your work sheets and projects. Have done quite a few. Love them.