Do you know how to make ice cream in a bag? This delicious summer activity for kids is quick, easy, and FUN! You can whip up a batch of this yummy ice cream in a bag with just 4 ingredients. Not only is this a delicious summer treat, but it is a fun summer activity for preschoolers too!
How to make ice cream in a bag
This is such a delicious summer treat and fun summer activity for kids all at the same time. You will be amazed how simple it is when I show you how to make homemade ice cream in a bag! Our ice cream in a bag recipe usese just a handful of real ingredients you may already have in your kitchen! This yummy ice cream recipe is as fun to make as it is too eat! You MUST try this ice cream in a bag recipe! Plus this is a great preschool summer activity to add to your summer bucket list ideas!
Ice cream in a bag
Mix together your favorite ice cream recipe in a quart ziplock bag; seal and shake well.
Ice cream in a bag recipe
For a fantastic base recipe combine:
- 1 Pint Heavy Whipping Cream (that’s 2 cups)
- 1 TAB powdered sugar (or other sweetener)
- 1 teas vanilla
- 2-3 TAB Pureed Fruit or Cocoa (optional)
Hint: You may want to double bag it to make sure it doesn’t leak!
Summer activity for preschoolers
In a galloon ziplock bag add 6-8 cups ice and 1/2 cup rock salt.
how to make homemade ice cream in a bag
Now put the ice cream bag inside the galloon size ice bag. Zip closed.
Homemade ice cream in a bag
Now shake the bag for 15 minutes or so.
Hint: Remember bags can split open if dropped.
Make Ice Cream in a Bag
Keep shaking until you get your desired consistency (soft serve to firm).
It is ready to serve! YUM!
Ice cream in a bag for kids
Scoop out ice cream into 5-6 bowls and enjoy!
Solid liquid Gas examples for kids
Explore states of matter further with these fun projects:
- Cookie Jar Solid Liquid Gas Worksheet – States of Matter Activity
- Pop Rock States of Matter Experiment (liquid to gas)
- Making Homemade Butter – a states of matter experiment (liquid to solid)
- How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag State of Matter Experiment (liquid to solid)
- 2 Fun, Hands-on Water Cycle Activities – State of Matter Experiment for Kids (liquid to gas)
- Explore density further with this Rainbow in a Jar Density Experiment
- Solid Liquid Gas for Kids with Hands-on Density Experiment
- Water Balloon Density Experiment for Kids
- Bowl of Ice Cream left out (solid to liquid)
Food science experiments for kids
Use items commonly in your kitchen to try these food experiments for kids, but note they are NOT all edible!
- Plastic Milk Experiment with free worksheet
- Exploding Watermelon EPIC project to learn about potential energy
- Kids will be so impressed with this super cool Lemon Volcano
- Kool Aid Rock Candy science experiment you can EAT!
- Learn about the 5 sense for kids with lots of projects including an edible skin model
- This colorful oil and water experiment is super simple, but so FUN
- Volcano Watermelon Experiment – Summer Activity for Preschoolers
- Use jelly beans for this hands-on STEM Easter activity for kids
- Learn how to make frost in a can
- Discover the Archimedes bath tub concept using candy with this simple water displacement experiment
- Try the classic bouncy egg experiment with a twist
- Learn about types of rocks with edible rocks
- Learn about density with this Rainbow in a Jar
- Use chemistry to inflate these balloons with with Pop Rocks Experiment
- This silly dancing raisins experiment always makes kids giggle!
- Kids will love this jelly bean taste test experiment
- Use celery for a hands-on pollution experiment for kids
- This Egg Drop Project STEAM activity is all about protecting the egg
- Magic Milk 4th of July Science
- Make an edible Jello Cell Model
- Use eggs to try these air pressure experiments for kids
- You can’t eat them, but these magic melting snowballs experiment is loads of fun!
- Make your own Peep Experiment
- Try making butter science experiment for science you can EAT
- Whip up a fizzy lemonade science experiment for another fun science project you can taste
- You’ve got to try this pretty, colorful candy skittles experiments
- Or check out over 100 Food Science Experiments
Ice Cream Activities
If you are looking for more ice cream activities to add to your ice cream theme of summer learning, check these out!
- Kids will go nuts over this edible ice cream sand castle summer snack for kids
- AMAZING, Edible ice cream play doh recipe that scoops like ice creaam!
- Ice Cream Themed, Summer Bucket List Ideas
- Color Matching Activity for your Ice Cream Theme
- Simple Ice Cream Coloring Pages pdf
- Fun and EASY How to Make ice cream in a bag science experiment worksheet
- 2 ingredient Gummy Bear Popsicles are so COLORFUL and EASY!
- Try our delicious and EASY How to make homemade ice cream
- TONS of cute Ice Cream Craft Preschool
- EPIC Ice Cream Volcano
- Cute I Spy I spy ice cream
- Ice Cream Handprint Craft for toddler and preschool kids
- Simple Ice Cream craft using washi tape for toddlers, preschoolers and kindergartners.
- Bubble Wrap and Puffy Paint Ice Cream craft
- Ice Cream Name Craft with free printable template
- Simple, free printable Ice Cream Coloring Pages
Ice Cream Printables
- Work on tracing letter with these free Alphabet ice cream handwriting paper
- Delicious Alphabet Ice Cream alphabet printable Puzzles to help kids practice matching upper and lowercase letters
- Check out these Alphabet Mats for your Ice Cream Theme
- Free printable Alphabet Popsicles matching capital and lowercase letters nad beginning sounds too
- Trace the Letters on the Alphabet Popsicles in this fun letter tracing
- Match the upper and lowercase letter puzzles in this free ice cream game
- Kids will love building their ABCs with these popsicle stick letters free template
- Ice Cream Compound Word Puzzles or this other set of ice cream compound words
- Practice adding Ice Cream scoop endings to words with this word endings worksheets and activity
- Printable Digraph Activities for first grade scooping Ice Cream
- Cut and paste sentences ice cream worksheets
- Popsicle Rhyme and Dab Summer Literacy Activity for Pre-k and Kindergarten
Ice Cream Worksheets
- Ice Cream Scoop Pattern Activity
- Make practicing math fun with these fun Ice Cream Worksheets
- Count to 10 free printable ice cream counting printable math craft
- Popsicle counting – free printable number sense puzzles
- Number Popsicles – count to 10 clip cards are a fun
- Scoop pom-pom ice cream and count 1-10 with this ice cream counting printable
- Ice Cream Worksheets Preschool – count and trace to ten
- Count to 20 as you build with your free printable ice cream sundae template
- Ice Cream Math Game Book Based Activity for Kindergartners
- Practice completing patterns with this FUN ice cream pattern printable and activity for kids
- Hands-on Addition with this Ice Cream Math task cards using playdough!
- Free Printable Ice Cream Playdough Mats to learn shapes
- Popsicle Shape Sorting Printable Free
Ice Cream Math
Looking for more fun ways to learn this summer with popsicle themed activities? You will love these free printables:
- Free Printable Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Practice adding to 1o with this cute Make 10 Ice Cream Cut and Paste Activity
- Popsicle Division Puzzles with printable popsicle puzzles makes practicing math FUN
- Or scoop a sunday with this Place Value Ice Cream for grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students
- Free Printable Place Value Ice Cream Cone