Sneak in some fun summer math with these super cute Popsicle division puzzles! Practicing division facts to keep the knowledge fresh is easy with this summer activity for kids in 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th graders too. Simply print pdf file with division game to have some educational fun this summer!
Avoid the summer learnin loss and have fun practicing division with these super cute division puzzles! This summer math activity is perfect for grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students to review division facts and improve speed and accuracy. You will love that these printable math puzzles are self checking! Simply print, cut, and play this division math game! Whether you are a parent looking for extra practice, a teacher working on summer school or back-to-school fun, or a tutor engaging children in a summer math camp – this division activity is a great way to play and learn!
Before you pull out the puzzles, I highly suggest that you introduce the concept of division.
As with all puzzles, a little prep work is needed. These popsicles are easy to cut out though, so the cutting part is easy!
- First, print off the popsicles on card stock paper.
- Next, cut them out and for extra durability laminate them.
- Now, you are ready to get in some division fact practice!
Math summer camp
Division in Relationship to Multiplication
One way is to show your children how division and multiplication relate, and there are many different ways to do this. You can, of course, use fact family triangles. These
Another fun way is to let your children use manipulatives and have them sort items to show multiplication and then division problems. Activities like these task cards, challenge children to solve simple multiplication or division problems with manipulatives….and at the same time, they are developing algebra skills.
Any time you can get children to model a math skill….I’m all for it!
And there are a few different ways you can do this with division.
- Repeated subtraction is one way. If I’m solving 24 divided by 8 I can subtract 8 from 24 repeatedly until I get to 0. 24 – 8 = 16, 16 – 8 = 8, 8 – 8 = 0 I subtracted 8 three times, so 24 divided by 8 equals 3.
- Arrays – Multiplication is often taught using arrays, so this a great way to work through division. If I’m dividing 15 by 3 I count out 15 manipulatives and make a row of three. I continue making a row of three until I don’t have any manipulatives left, and then I count up the rows. I have five rows, so 15 divided by 3 equals 5.
- Making Groups – This is the one that is most often used. Simply count out manipulatives to equal the dividend, make circles base on the divisor, and then divide up the manipulatives into the groups. The number of manipulatives in each group is the answer.
- Number Lines – Number lines are a great way to build number sense in adding, subtracting, multiplying, and division. And activities like these word problems get children using the number lines as well as many of the other activities listed above.
Ice Cream Math
After your children have been exposed to the division, then it is time to practice their facts and work on memorization with activities like these popscicle puzzles.
You can simply have them work through the puzzles, or you can make it a competition if your child likes that type of thing.
They can work to beat their previous time or beat a partners time.
Either way, getting them to repeatedly answer division problems reinforces the answer and will help them begin to memorize their division facts.
Looking for more fun, free printable division games for kids to practice math and gain fluency? You will love these division worksheets, printable division games, and more!
- Knight’s Quest is a fun, Free Printable Division Games for kids!
- Printable division worksheets that turn into a clever Division mini book!
- Free Division Worksheets that use a deck of cards to practice dividing numbers
- Free DIVISION Printable Math Flash cards
- Baseball Themed Printable Division Games
- Free Printable 4th Grade Math Worksheets
- Printable Free 5th Grade Math Worksheets
- 6th Grade Math Worksheets to print for free
Ice Cream Activities
If you are looking for more ice cream activities to add to your ice cream theme of summer learning, check these out!
- Kids will go nuts over this edible ice cream sand castle summer snack for kids
- AMAZING, Edible ice cream play doh recipe that scoops like ice creaam!
- Ice Cream Themed, Summer Bucket List Ideas
- Color Matching Activity for your Ice Cream Theme
- Simple Ice Cream Coloring Pages pdf
- Fun and EASY How to Make ice cream in a bag science experiment worksheet
- 2 ingredient Gummy Bear Popsicles are so COLORFUL and EASY!
- Try our delicious and EASY How to make homemade ice cream
- TONS of cute Ice Cream Craft Preschool
- EPIC Ice Cream Volcano
- Cute I Spy I spy ice cream
- Ice Cream Handprint Craft for toddler and preschool kids
- Simple Ice Cream craft using washi tape for toddlers, preschoolers and kindergartners.
- Bubble Wrap and Puffy Paint Ice Cream craft
- Ice Cream Name Craft with free printable template
- Simple, free printable Ice Cream Coloring Pages
Ice Cream Printables
- Work on tracing letter with these free Alphabet ice cream handwriting paper
- Delicious Alphabet Ice Cream alphabet printable Puzzles to help kids practice matching upper and lowercase letters
- Check out these Alphabet Mats for your Ice Cream Theme
- Free printable Alphabet Popsicles matching capital and lowercase letters nad beginning sounds too
- Trace the Letters on the Alphabet Popsicles in this fun letter tracing
- Match the upper and lowercase letter puzzles in this free ice cream game
- Kids will love building their ABCs with these popsicle stick letters free template
- Ice Cream Compound Word Puzzles or this other set of ice cream compound words
- Practice adding Ice Cream scoop endings to words with this word endings worksheets and activity
- Printable Digraph Activities for first grade scooping Ice Cream
- Cut and paste sentences ice cream worksheets
- Popsicle Rhyme and Dab Summer Literacy Activity for Pre-k and Kindergarten
Ice Cream Worksheets
- Ice Cream Scoop Pattern Activity
- Make practicing math fun with these fun Ice Cream Worksheets
- Count to 10 free printable ice cream counting printable math craft
- Popsicle counting – free printable number sense puzzles
- Number Popsicles – count to 10 clip cards are a fun
- Scoop pom-pom ice cream and count 1-10 with this ice cream counting printable
- Ice Cream Worksheets Preschool – count and trace to ten
- Count to 20 as you build with your free printable ice cream sundae template
- Ice Cream Math Game Book Based Activity for Kindergartners
- Practice completing patterns with this FUN ice cream pattern printable and activity for kids
- Hands-on Addition with this Ice Cream Math task cards using playdough!
- Free Printable Ice Cream Playdough Mats to learn shapes
- Popsicle Shape Sorting Printable Free
Ice Cream Math
Looking for more fun ways to learn this summer with popsicle themed activities? You will love these free printables:
- Free Printable Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Practice adding to 1o with this cute Make 10 Ice Cream Cut and Paste Activity
- Popsicle Division Puzzles with printable popsicle puzzles makes practicing math FUN
- Or scoop a sunday with this Place Value Ice Cream for grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students
- Free Printable Place Value Ice Cream Cone
Looking for more outdoor activities for kids and things to do in the summer? Your toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids will love these fun ideas to keep them busy all summer long:
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- 2 ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Handprint Strawberry Craft for Summer
- Grow Your Own Crystals
- Water Balloon Experiment – exploring densit with an EPIC summer activity for kids
- Simple Lemon Volcano Summer Experiment for Kids
- Amazing Bubble Painting
- Mind Blowing Color Changing Playdough
- 25 EPIC Water Balloon Games
Summer Activities for Kids
- Vibrant Sidewalk Washable Spray Paint for Kids
- Egg Shell DIY Chia Pet Craft – Silly Spring / Summer Activities for Kids
- Grass Head Craft for Kids
- Blow GIANT bubbles with this Homemade Bubble Solution
- Pool Noodle Airplane Craft
- Outrageously FUN Bubble Painting
- Pasta Animal Crafts for Kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft
- 30 Fun June Crafts for Kids
- Must try Lego Zipline
- EASY Stained Glass Pasta Art Project for Kids
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Bubble Wrap Puffy Paint Ice Cream Craft
- Fun-to-play-with Ocean Slime
- Homemade Chalk Recipe
- 75+ FUN Scavenger Hunts for Kids
- Find activities by month with our June Crafts for kids or our June Activities for Kids!
Fun Summer Activities for Kids
- Ice Cream Edible Playdough
- Whip up a batch of Kool Aid Playdough – it smells amazing!
- I Spy DIY Bottles are quick, easy and FUN!
- Amazing Tin Foil Art Project for Kids of all Ages
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket Science Experiment for Kids
- Summer Bucket List Printable with Ice Cream Theme
- How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag
- Ice Cream Playdough Patterns
- Head to the zoo with this FREE Zoo Scavenger Hunt – lots of choices for all ages!
- Make your favorite animal with one of these 100 animal crafts
- Try one of these fun Animal I Spy Printables
- Epic Squirt Gun Painting
- Play with your food using this goldfish counting activity
- After seeing the frogs at the pond, grab this free life cycle of a frog worksheet
- Avoid the summer learning loss by practicing math with these crack the code worksheets
- First Day of Summer Craft
- Create this gorgeous stained glass art for kids
- 107 Epic Summer Activities for Kids
- Outrageously FUN Balloon Drop Painting
Popsicle Division Puzzles
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
Leave a Reply