Knowing multiplication facts and division facts are important, and finding fun ways to practice is especially important too. And these division Popsicle puzzles are one fun way to get in division fact practice.
As with all puzzles, a little prep work is needed. These popsicles are easy to cut out though, so the cutting part is easy!
- First, print off the popsicles on card stock paper.
- Next, cut them out and for extra durability laminate them.
- Now, you are ready to get in some division fact practice!
Before you pull out the puzzles, I highly suggest that you introduce the concept of division.
Division in Relationship to Multiplication
One way is to show your children how division and multiplication relate, and there are many different ways to do this. You can, of course, use fact family triangles. These
Another fun way is to let your children use manipulatives and have them sort items to show multiplication and then division problems. Activities like these task cards, challenge children to solve simple multiplication or division problems with manipulatives….and at the same time, they are developing algebra skills.
Any time you can get children to model a math skill….I’m all for it!
And there are a few different ways you can do this with division.
- Repeated subtraction is one way. If I’m solving 24 divided by 8 I can subtract 8 from 24 repeatedly until I get to 0. 24 – 8 = 16, 16 – 8 = 8, 8 – 8 = 0 I subtracted 8 three times, so 24 divided by 8 equals 3.
- Arrays – Multiplication is often taught using arrays, so this a great way to work through division. If I’m dividing 15 by 3 I count out 15 manipulatives and make a row of three. I continue making a row of three until I don’t have any manipulatives left, and then I count up the rows. I have five rows, so 15 divided by 3 equals 5.
- Making Groups – This is the one that is most often used. Simply count out manipulatives to equal the dividend, make circles base on the divisor, and then divide up the manipulatives into the groups. The number of manipulatives in each group is the answer.
- Number Lines – Number lines are a great way to build number sense in adding, subtracting, multiplying, and division. And activities like these word problems get children using the number lines as well as many of the other activities listed above.
Ice Cream Math
After your children have been exposed to the division, then it is time to practice their facts and work on memorization with activities like these popscicle puzzles.
You can simply have them work through the puzzles, or you can make it a competition if your child likes that type of thing.
They can work to beat their previous time or beat a partners time.
Either way, getting them to repeatedly answer division problems reinforces the answer and will help them begin to memorize their division facts.
Looking for more fun, free printable division games for kids to practice math and gain fluency? You will love these division worksheets, printable division games, and more!
- Knight’s Quest is a fun, Free Printable Division Games for kids!
- Printable division worksheets that turn into a clever Division mini book!
- Free Division Worksheets that use a deck of cards to practice dividing numbers
- Free DIVISION Printable Math Flash cards
- Baseball Themed Printable Division Games
- Free Printable 4th Grade Math Worksheets
- Printable Free 5th Grade Math Worksheets
- 6th Grade Math Worksheets to print for free
- Winter Math multiplication and division fact family worksheets
- Division Christmas Math Worksheets
- Easter Math Challenge – fun way to practice math
- Candy Corn Math – division and multiplication puzzles
- Christmas Multiplication math game for kids
- Printable Christmas Math Worksheets to review addition, subtraction, multiplicationa, and division
- Popsicle Puzzle Division Activities
- See all our Division Activities!!
Ice Cream Printables
If you are looking for more ice cream activities to add to your ice cream theme of summer learning, check these out!
- AMAZING, Edible Play Doh Ice Cream Recipe that scoops like ice creaam!
- Ice Cream Themed, Summer Bucket List Ideas
- Work on tracing letter with these free printable Ice Cream Alphabet
- Delicious Ice Cream Alphabet Puzzles to help kids practice matching upper and lowercase letters
- Plus check out these Ice Cream Alpabet Playdough Mats
- Practice adding to to with these cute Ice Cream Make 10 Game
- Cute, Hands-on Ice Cream Number Bonds Practice
- Printable Digraph Activity scooping Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Compound Words Activity
- FUN Ice Cream Place Value Activity fo kindergarten and first graders
- Or scoop a sunday with this Place Value Activity for grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students
- Cut and paste sentences with this Sentence Scrambles to make your own Ice Cream Reader for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students
- Practice adding Ice Cream scoop endings to words with this suffixes activity
- Color Matching Ice Cream Activity
- TONS of cute Ice Cream Craft Preschool
- Simple Ice Cream Coloring Pages
- Fun and EASY How to Make your own Ice Cream in a Bag
- Try our delicious and EASY homemade vanilla ice cream
- Or whip up some ice cream this winter with this outrageously fun and super YUMMY How to Make Snow Ice Cream
- Practice Addition with this Ice Cream Math task cards using playdough!
- Cute Ice Cream I Spy Worksheet
- Make practicing math fun with these fun Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Simple Ice Cream craft using washi tape for toddlers, preschoolers and kindergartners.
- Fun-to-Make, Printable Ice Cream Math Craft
- Count to 20 as you Build your Ice Cream Math Sundae
- Scoop up Ice Cream Counting Printable
- Ice Cream Math Game Book Based Activity for Kindergartners
- I is for Ice Cream handart project for kids
- Practice completing patterns with this FUN Ice Cream Pattern Printable
- Fun Ice Cream themed Shape Playdough Mats
Looking for more fun ways to learn this summer with popsicle themed activities? You will love these free printables:
- Summer activities for preschoolers making Popsicle Alphabet Puzzles
- Ice Cream Division Puzzles make practicing math FUN
- Popsicle COunt to 10 clip cards are a fun, educational Summer Activities for Preschoolers
- Trace the Letters on the Alphabet Popsicles in this Summer Activity for Preschoolers
- Work on Number Sense with these Counting Summer Activity for Preschool Puzzles
- 2 ingredient Gummy Bear Popsicles are so COLORFUL and EASY!
Download Popsicle Division Puzzles
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.