Have you tried making your own play dough? Homemade playdough is super easy to make with ingredients you have in your kitchen, plus it is fun to make and free from preservatives too. But what we like best is making some truly unique playdough recipes for kids you cannot buy at the store. This kool aid playdough smells amazing – which is a huge improvement from the store bought versions. Your toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade child will love playing with this cook aid playdough recipe!
Kool Aid Playdough
Kool aid playdough recipe
This recipe is super simple to make, Simply add the following ingredients to a medium saucepan.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup salt
- 2 TAB cream of tartar
- 1 TAB oil
- add 1 cup water
- sprinkle in 1 package Kool-Aid (whatever color/smell you want)
Now cook over medium heat, mixing constantly until it forms a ball. To make multiple colors you will need to make multiple batches which is why our recipe is a small batch play dough recipe.
Kool aid play dough
Scoop the koolaid ough onto parchment or wax paper to cool. Once it has cooled enough to touch, squish into a ball. We actually love playing with the homemade playdough made with kool aid while it is still a little warm as it feels so great on little hands!
How to make kool aid playdough
This kook aid dough has the perfect texture, great consistency, and smells GREAT! I made watermelon pink, grape purple, berry blue, and orange fruit punch above.
Homemade kool aid playdough
So now that you know how to make playdough with kool aid, will you try it? This quick-to-make, 5 minutes Amazing Kool Aid Playdough Recipe smells amazing, and lasts seemingly forever!! That means you will be ready to play quickly!
Best Playdough Recipe
- Kids will go crazy over this amazing, Edible Ice Cream Playdough that scoops like ice cream and is taste safe!
- Color Changing Playdough – is not only fun to play with, but helps teach kids some science too!
- Easy 2 ingredient Playdough Recipe that is super soft!
- Edible Peppermint Stretch Playdough
- Hot Chocolate Playdough smells so delicious!
- Candy Corn Edible PlayDough
- Simple-to-Make Peeps Playdough
Free Playdough Mats
Looking for playdough activities with your new dough? Check out all these free printable playdough mats? You can learn your abcs, practice counting, learn about the human body, create musical instruments, and so much more!
- Transportation Playdough mats
- Shape Activities for Preschoolers
- Birthday Cake Activity for Preschool
- Animal Playdough mats
- Emotion Playdough mats
- Thanksgiving Playdough Mats
- Musical Instruments for Kids Playdough Mats
- Fall Playdough Mats
- Apple Playdough Mats
- Ice Cream Playdough Patterns
- Spider Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Playdough Mats
- Human Body for Kids Playdough Mats
- Number Playdough Mats
- Watermelon Seed Counting Playdough Mats
- Monster Shape Playdough Mats
- Tracing letters a-z
- Birthday Cake Printable Playdough mats
- Kids Counting Castle Playdough Mats
- Alphabet Playdough Mats
- ***Don’t miss our MANY free play doh mat printables