Your kids are going to be amazed when you whip up this play recipe to make your own DIY bouncy ball. Let us show you how EASY it is to make homemade bouncy balls! These instructions and simple recipe with teach you to make your own bouncy ball with toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids too.
DIY Bouncy Ball
If you like making your own homemade fun you are going to love this play recipe! Not only are diy bouncy balls super easy to make, but they are customizable too; make your favorite color or color combinations with our bouncy ball recipe. Then get ready for hours of play as kids explore homemade bouncy ball. Plus the simple make your own bouncy ball instructions are simple to follow. Children from toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3 and more will have fun exploring and discovering cause and effect with this kids activity.
Bouncy Ball Recipe
With just a couple simple ingredients you can whip up your own:
- ½ Cup Warm Water
- 1 Tablespoon Borax
- 1 Tablespoon of Cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoon White Liquid Glue
- Food coloring
Make your own bouncy ball
In a cup mix the warm water and the borax. In another cup mix the glue, cornstarch, and food coloring. Pour the glue mixture into the water-borax cup. The glue mixture will harden after 10 seconds; use a fork to take it out of the water.
How to make homemade bouncy balls
If the glue mixture is still sticky, squish it with your hands and dip it back in the water. Roll the mixture in your hands to make a ball. The more you handle the mixture the firmer it will become.
Homemade Bouncy Balls
Make as many bouncy balls as you’d like in various colors and sizes!
How do you make a bouncy ball
It’s time to explore in this hands-on early science activity for kids of all ages. This just may be your kids favorite kids activity!
Fun Science Experiments
- 30 Simple Machines for Kids Experiments
- Launch this experiment and record your findings with this Coke and mentos experiment worksheet
- Lots of FUN Solar System Project Ideas for kids
- Printable Solar System Worksheets (free) or planet worksheets for kindergarten
- Grab these free printable solar system coloring pages
- Life-size Human Body Project with free printable body parts
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water)
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments – arranged by type of science
- Free Printable Human Body for Kids Playdough Mats
- Leak proof bag fun science experiments
- Older students can dive deeper with these free skeletal system worksheet pages
- Amazing Why do leaves change color experiment
- Learn about seasons with this cool free 4 seasons printables
- Animals and their Babies matching puzzles
- Take a closer look at animals with this free printable animal report for for kids
Science Exeriments for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- Weather Unit for prek-3rd graders filled with experiments, activities and weather worksheets
- Make it rain and write your observations in these cloud in a jar experiment worksheet
- Learn about our moon with these activities and moon worksheets for 1st grade
- Free Water Cycle Worksheets for kids
- Discover a world of geology with these rock worksheets for kids
- Free printable states of matter activity with clip cards
- Discover what lies below the surface with these free Layers of Earth Worksheets
- Make playdough earth layers with this super cool geology experiment for kids
- LOTS of year-round Science Experiments for Kids
- Kids will love this outrageously fun pipe clean constellations activity
- This look inside a volcano experiment for kids takes learning to a whole new level
- Chromatography Butterflies project for kids
- Learn about the kingdom Animalia with over 20 Zoo Scavenger Hunt free printables
- Harness the power of fruit with this simple Lemon Clock for kids
- Easy Bernoulli’s principle experiment at home
- Amaze kids with this simple burning candle experiment with free worksheets
Easy Science Experiments
- Gross and so cool Digestive System Project for kids of all ages
- Amazing Rainbow in a Jar Experiment for Kids
- Epic Baking Soda and Vinegar Rocket Experiment
- Cool Milk and Vinegar Expeirment making plastic!
- Learn about your amazing brain with this activity and brain worksheets
- How do hands work project for kids
- Super cool and easy-to-make, working lego balloon car
- Plants for kids lesson
- Explore magnets with these EPIC magnet experiments for kids
- Popsicle Stick Catapult for kids – simple STEM project
- Simple light bulb experiment (it actually lights up!)
- Easy-to-make balloon hoovercraft
- Bouncy Eggs and eggs in vinegar experiment worksheet
- Learn about density for kids with these simple balloon solid, liquid, gas hands-on activities
- Create your own super simple bot
- Beautiful, color changing capillary action experiment with flowers
- WOW your kids with how to make a Newton’s cradle project
- Heat-sensitive, Color Changing Slime is SO COOL!