Help kids learn about what is under their skin with this fun, interactive, and hands on human body project for kids from toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students. This can be a simple life size human body project or use our free printable templates to add bones of the body, organ templates, and more. This engaging science project is EASY and LOW PREP too.
Human Body Project
We love making learning fun with hands on educational activities that are as memorable and fun as they are good for teaching kids about science. This epic human body project allows students to learn and review the bones of the body, what the major organs are and where they are located, plus have some fun looking under their skin. This science lesson is fun and adaptable for children from preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, grade 6, and grade 7 students.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – this fun science project is perfect! Use it for a human anatomy or my body unit in your classroom, as a fun cooperative science activity, to learn more about anatomy for kids, or in any other supplement to your science lesson.
Human Body for Kids
The human body is an amazing thing that kids will be fascinated to learn about. Did you know:
- Heart beats 100,000 times a day!
- Color of your skin is determined by the level of pigment melanin your body makes
- Most adults have 32 teeth
- Smallest bone in the body is in the middle ear
- Your nose and ears keep growing your whole life!
- Everyone has not only a unique fingerprint, but a unique tongue print too!
- It takes about 12 hours to completely digest food you eat!
- Infants have 270 bones at birth and only 206 bones as an adult
Kids will love leaning about what is inside their body by making a replica of themselves and taking a peak at the bones and organs inside.
Life Size Human Body Project
Kids of all ages from preschool to kindergarten and elementary age kids will love learning about their body with this FUN, hands-on, and interactive human body project for kids. Plus, it includes free printable human body parts for kids to use to make their anatomy.
Human Body Project Ideas
For this parts of the body project ideas have your children lay on a large sheet of butcher paper and trace their body. Cut out their shape. For really young children you can stop here and have them decorate the clothes their body is wearing. You can talk about how clothes protect our bodies.
HINT: Make sure you trace them on a table or hard floor instead of carpet.
Human Body Model Project
Next in this human body activities for 2nd grade, put the skeletal system together so your child can see what is under their skin – bones!
- Print the free template below (the template is the perfect size for most kids 8-12 years old, for kids 4-7 just print at 85% size under print options)
- Cut out the bones in the printable
- Glue bones on the cut-out.
- Skull – including the jaw bone
- Spine – cervical, thoracic and lumbar vertebrae, sacrum and tailbone (coccyx)
- Chest – ribs and breastbone (sternum)
- Arms – shoulder blade (scapula), collar bone (clavicle), humerus, radius and ulna
- Hands – wrist bones (carpals), metacarpals and phalanges
- Pelvis – hip bones
- Legs – thigh bone (femur), kneecap (patella), shin bone (tibia) and fibula
- Feet – tarsals, metatarsals and phalanges.
Human Body Project for Kids
Printable Human Body Parts for Kids
Next, print your pdf file with a pack of free human body printables. This will take this human body project a step farther to teach kids about the organs in their bodies. Print in color these free printable human body parts for kids at the bottom of this post, then cut out the organs. Each one is labeled on the print out.
Human Anatomy for Kids
Students will then add the organs with glue or tape to their skeletal system. This is like a giant life-size puzzle that will help then them learn about human anatomy with an EPIC science activity for kids of all ages!
The organ printables included for children to learn about are: lungs, kidney, heart, bladder, large intestine, small intestine, stomach, liver, pancreas, gallbladder, brain, skin, and eyes.
Our completed activity allows kids to visualize the human body for kids! This zany, outrageously fun science project will be one kids remember their whole life!
Human Body Preschool
Human Body Activities for Kids
- Human Body free Playdough Mats – lots of choices to learn about various systems of the body including simple for preschoolers, skeletal system, organs, muscles, nerves, and more!
- Teach kids about human cells for kids with hands on activities, free printable reader, human cell worksheets, and more!
- This Free Human Body Printables for Kindergarten bakes a printable book that teaches students all about their bodies
- 4 EPIC Skeletal System Project Ideas for kids – using things like pasta, life saver gummies, lego, and more you can learn about the human body in a fun memorable way
- Free Skeletal System Worksheets for Kids – everything you need to teach kids about their bodies!
- Kids will love learning about the ear with this Building a model of the ear
- Amazing 5 Senses Kindergarten Unit for kids to explore with hands on activities. or try this jelly bean taste test experiment.
- Grab this free printable 5 senses mini book to explore the senses of sight, taste, sound, smell, and touch
- Kids will be amazed by these eye science experiments
- Even more creative printable science experiments, units, and activities for kids for all ages
Or see all of our fun, hands on ideas to make learning about the human body for kids FUN
Science for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments for kids – arranged by type of science
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water)
- Amaze kids with these 12 Hands on Science experiments with batteries
- 24 Epic Solar system science projects to try this week
- Fun Water balloon science experiment that explores density
- 50 Fun Preschool science experiments the whole family will want to try
- Simple Galaxy science project
- Easy and Fun Dancing Raisins Experiment
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane
- Eye opening Eye science experiments
- Easy-to- make Air pressure science project
- Amazing POP rocks science experiment is one of our all-time favorite science experiments we like to do during the summer are
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers are so pretty you’ll forget it was as science project!
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- 30 Simple machines science projects kids will want to try
- Easy, fascinating, and colorful project answering Why do Leaves Change Color Experiment
- Journey back to the time of castles and knights with this fun middle ages for kids hands-on history lesson for kids!
- Free Printable Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- 19 Edible science experiments – which delicious project will you try first?
- HUGE Free Solar System Unit (coloring pages, hands on science projects, worksheets, and more!)
- Pipe Cleaner Constellation Activity (As seen on Good Housekeeping!)
- Teach kids about conductivity with this fun squishy circuits projects
- Amazing, Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime
- Life Cycles for Kids (from penguin to sunflower and spider to turkey we have LOTS of life cycles to explore and learn about)
- EASY, Colorful Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Kids will be amazed as you change colors of white flowers with this Dying Flowers Science Experiment
- This super cool Lego Zipline is fun and simple to make
- Human Body Project
- Check out this super cool look INSIDE a Volcano Project
- Exploding Watermelon – science experiment that explores potential and kinetic energy with a big WOW moment!
- Memorable Life Size Skeletal system science project – includes free printable template
- Find LOTS more Easy Science Experiments for kids of all ages!
School Project Human Body Parts
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836, Teachers Resource Force, and Digi Web Studio
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!