Whether you are diving into an astronomy unit in your homeschool / classroom or your child just has a natural curiosity about space, here are 24 EPIC Solar System Projects for kids. These solar system project ideas are perfect for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students. Whether you want to make a solar system project out of fruit, playdough, bottle caps, yarn, clothespins, snow globe, or more – we’ve got the most creative solar system activities to make learning abou tthe plants in our solar system FUN for kids. So pick you favorite solar system craft and make the solar system for kids come alive!
Solar System Project
As I was looking for ideas for our upcoming solar system unit I decided to browse around pinterest to get some inspiration. WOW! There are such creative people out there! With such a plethora of super creative and fun solar system projects for kids, I just had to make a round up to share these creative Solar system project ideas with all of you. Whether you are looking for a solar system for kids projects for preschoolers, kindergartners, or elementary age students in grade 1, grade 2, grade 2, grade 4, grade 5, or grade 6 – you will love these fun ideas. This is a growing list of solar system projects so you can get inspired and pick the best solar system project for kids all in one place.
Solar system project for kids
These easy solar system project suggestions are perfect for parents, teachers, or homeschooler to make the solar system interseting for kids and kick-start your solar system for kids lesson!
Solar system activities for kids
Tap Light Planets from Play at Home Mom 3. I love how this project will light up your childs room and serve as an educational night light.
Solar system projects
Make the Solar System out of Food like Creative Kid Snacks. This adorable science snack idea is not only educational, but healthy too.
Solar system project ideas
Make practicing the names of the planets and the order of the planets from the sun with this easy to make Paint Stick Solar System Project. I love that there is an activity to this clever, unique science project for kids.
Easy solar system project
Planets Snowglobe from Red Ted Art. This science craft is such a creative way for kids to learn about the planets in our solar system and review day after day.
Solar system experiments
Solar System Brownies from Almost Unschoolers. This easy-to-make and yummy solar system project is sure to be a favorite of kids for years to come.
Solar system for kids projects
Paper Mache Planets from At Home with Ali. This inexpensive, DIY planet project uses baloons and paper mache to create a beautiful science project.
Solar system Craft
Playdough Solar System from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. This project is simple to make as it uses a tactile material you probably already have on hand! This is a science project you can make and remake over and over again.
Solar system craft for kids
Solar System Button Craft from Relentlessly Fun, Deceptively Educational. If you have a stash of buttons you aren’t sure what to do with, this solar system planet project is just what you are looking for. Have your child repeat the planet names over and over again to help them retain the knowledge.
Solar system projects for kids
Felt Solar System from Counting Coconuts. For your crafty students, they will enjoy making their own solar system with just a little bit of sewing. This is a great activity to improve cordination and fine motor skills too.
Solar system activities
Yarn Solar System from Art for Little Hands. This project combines yarn and paper mache to make really cool looking planets to display in your homeschool room.
Solar system Crafts
Even preschoolers can help make these shaggy Yarn Planet balls There is no messy paper mache in this projects. Just wrapping and cutting to create planets you can hang or toss around.
Solar system science project
Yarn Wrapped Planets from And Next Comes L. Yet another fun yarn project is an easy science craft for toddler, prek, and kindergarten age kids to complete. Plus it is great for using up random yarn pieces too.
Solar system for Kids
This chalk planet project is an easy to make project to make today. Plus don’t miss the fun solar system game to help teach kids planet names, planet rotation, and time for the planets to get around the sun.
Kids solar system project
Plastic Lid Solar System from Still Playing School. I love how this project reuses plastic lids you probably have on hand from your weekly garbage.
Solar system science experiments
Lego Solar System from Kitchen Counter Chronicles. Kids love making creations with Lego! This project allows kids to use their creativity and STEM to make their own brick solar system project. Have one child make the entire solar system or work together by having each child make a different planet.
Solar system kids project
Solar System Poster from Crafts n Coffee. Pop over to Joann Fabrics, Michaels, or Hobby Lobby and grab some different shaped foam balls to make this super cute solar system project perfect for a science fair board.
This solar system project combines a planets project with a science activity making the planets fizz! Perfect early science activity for young kids!
Solar system project ideas for 3rd grade
Solar System Mobile from Taming the Goblin. This solar system is not only fun to make, but great for hanging up in your homeschool room to remind your students about the planets.
Hands-on solar system activities
Marble Solar System for Play from I Can Teach My Child. Do you have marbles laying around from a marble run or jacks? You can quickly whip up this creative solar system.
Solar system project for school
Hanger Solar System from Crafts and Coffee. Another creative idea for a hanging solar system for kids you can hang in your childs room.
Project on Solar System
- Earth and Moon Revolving Around the Sun Brad Craft from Easy Preschool Craft
- Measuring the Distance Between the Planets from Beekers and Bumblebees Blog
- Buy Inflatable Planets
Solar System Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun, hands on science activities to teach kids about astronomy or to round out your solar system for kids unit. You will love these hands on solar system activities and lessons:
- The Sun Activities for Kindergarten – learn about the sun and how the planets orbit around it including a fun planets game for kids!
- Moon Activities for Kids & Astronauts Too – make oreo moon phases, DIY telescope, learn about the astronauts who landed on the moon, and more!
- Inner Planets for Kids (Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars) – Use our free planet worksheets and fun hands-on activities like Mercury craters, Venus’ melting rocks, layers of the earth, and Erupting Mars Volcano
- Outer Planets for Kids (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune) – combination of hands-on solar system projects and solar system printables; gaseous Jupiter, Saturn Rocket, plus cloudy Uranus and Neptune.
- Pluto, Asteroid Belt, Comets, and Stars for Kids – make a FUN constellation projector, cold Pluto ice cream project, and grape constellation project
- Yarn Solar System Project – fun, unique, and easy solar system model that is cheap and so pretty!
- Paint Stick Solar System Project – easy-to-make solar system model for kids that doubles as an activity for learning the names and order of the planets
- Pipe Cleaner Constellations – fun hands on pipe cleaner constellations activity for kids
- Simple Galaxy Science Experiments
- Looking for more fun, engaging, creative, and memorable moon projects for kids? You will love this 50 Moon Activities for Kids & Crafts collection with the best ideas from the whole internet!
- TONS of really cool Solar System Project Ideas for kids of all ages
Free Solar System Printables
Plus, don’t forget to add these free solar system worksheets and printables to your lesson plan:
- HUGE pack of FREE Solar System Worksheets for elementary age kids
- Planet worksheets for kindergarten with solar system themed math and literacy activities for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students
- Simple Astronaut Coloring Pages
- Space Worksheets Preschool
- Free Constellation Worksheets
- Solar System Coloring Pages to read, learn, and color the solar system
- Printable Free Constellations Printable pdf for children to learn about stars and the patterns they make in the night sky
- Cootie Catcher Constellation Activities for Kids
- Free Constellation Cards
- Moon Phases Kindergarten Worksheets – HUGE pack!
- Planets Solar System for Kids pdf Book for students to learn about all the planets in our solar system
- Moon Phases Printable Mini Book for kids to learn about the phases of the moon
Looking for more fun, engaging, creative, and memorable moon projects for kids? You will love this 50 Moon Crafts & Activities for Kids collection with the best ideas from the whole internet!
Fun Science Experiments
- 30 Simple Machines for Kids Experiments
- Launch this experiment and record your findings with this Coke and mentos experiment worksheet
- Lots of FUN Solar System Project Ideas for kids
- Printable Solar System Worksheets (free) or planet worksheets for kindergarten
- Grab these free printable solar system coloring pages
- Life-size Human Body Project with free printable body parts
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water)
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments – arranged by type of science
- Free Printable Human Body for Kids Playdough Mats
- Leak proof bag fun science experiments
- Older students can dive deeper with these free skeletal system worksheet pages
- Amazing Why do leaves change color experiment
- Learn about seasons with this cool free 4 seasons printables
- Animals and their Babies matching puzzles
- Take a closer look at animals with this free printable animal report for for kids
Science Exeriments for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- Weather Unit for prek-3rd graders filled with experiments, activities and weather worksheets
- Make it rain and write your observations in these cloud in a jar experiment worksheet
- Learn about our moon with these activities and moon worksheets for 1st grade
- Free Water Cycle Worksheets for kids
- Discover a world of geology with these rock worksheets for kids
- Free printable states of matter activity with clip cards
- Discover what lies below the surface with these free Layers of Earth Worksheets
- Make playdough earth layers with this super cool geology experiment for kids
- LOTS of year-round Science Experiments for Kids
- Kids will love this outrageously fun pipe clean constellations activity
- This look inside a volcano experiment for kids takes learning to a whole new level
- Chromatography Butterflies project for kids
- Learn about the kingdom Animalia with over 20 Zoo Scavenger Hunt free printables
- Harness the power of fruit with this simple Lemon Clock for kids
- Easy Bernoulli’s principle experiment at home
- Amaze kids with this simple burning candle experiment with free worksheets
Easy Science Experiments
- Gross and so cool Digestive System Project for kids of all ages
- Amazing Rainbow in a Jar Experiment for Kids
- Epic Baking Soda and Vinegar Rocket Experiment
- Cool Milk and Vinegar Expeirment making plastic!
- Learn about your amazing brain with this activity and brain worksheets
- How do hands work project for kids
- Super cool and easy-to-make, working lego balloon car
- Plants for kids lesson
- Explore magnets with these EPIC magnet experiments for kids
- Popsicle Stick Catapult for kids – simple STEM project
- Simple light bulb experiment (it actually lights up!)
- Easy-to-make balloon hoovercraft
- Bouncy Eggs and eggs in vinegar experiment worksheet
- Learn about density for kids with these simple balloon solid, liquid, gas hands-on activities
- Create your own super simple bot
- Beautiful, color changing capillary action experiment with flowers
- WOW your kids with how to make a Newton’s cradle project
- Heat-sensitive, Color Changing Slime is SO COOL!
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin your free homeschool? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE Printable Worksheets including resources for: pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, 2nd grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, 4th grade worksheets, 5th grade worksheets, 6th grade worksheets, and more. Plus see our history lessons for kids, printable math games, language arts worksheets, sight word worksheets, free alphabet printables, and cvc word activities for kids of all ages!