Children will be fascinated as they leary about the planets for kids in our universe with this fun, pocket size planets printable. This is such a handy reference for kids of all ages wanting to learn about the solar system planets! Use this with kindergarten, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students. Simply print solar system printables pdf and you are ready to play and learn about the solar system for kids.
Planets for Kids
Kids have a natural curiosity about our solar system and kids learn best when they are learning about something that interests them! Satisfy their curiosity by teaching kids about the planets! This printable planets book is a fun, no prep way for kids to make their very own planet book to learn about Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune. Use these planet printables with preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, garde 4, garde 5, and grade 6 students. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler, you will love this solar system for kids pdf that is a handy, low prep science printable.
Solar system for kids pdf
This simple, free printable mini book that will help kids learn what the 8 planets are and a little bit about each one. Just cut and fold to create this one-of-a-kind, pocket size, planets mini book.
You can print the planets mini book in color or black and white.
- Mercury is the smallest planet that orbits our sun. It is the closest to the sun and about the size of our moon. It gets very hot during the day and very cold at night.
- Venus is the hottest planet in our solar system. Most of the planet is covered in lava rock that comes from volcanoes. You can see Venus at night; it looks like the brightest star in the sky.
- Earth is our home and the only planet known to support life. Most of the Earth is covered by oceans.
- Mars looks reddish because there is a lot of iron in the rocks on the surface. Mars has two moons called Phobos and Deimos.
- Jupiter is the bittest planet in our solar system. It is so big all the other planets could fit inside it. Jupiter looks cloudby because it spins very quickly, pulling clouds into bands are the planet. It has at least 63 moons.
- Saturn has thousands of rings that are made up of bits of icy rocks. Some of the rocks are the size of small specs of dust. Saturn has at least 53 moons.
- Uranus is tipped onto its side. This planet is the coldes of our eight big planets. Uranus has at least 27 moons.
- Neptune is known as a gas giant. This planet has wild weather with winds more than 1000 miles an hour. It takes Neptune 165 yeras to travel all the way around the sun.
Solar System Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun, hands on science activities to teach kids about astronomy or to round out your solar system for kids unit. You will love these hands on solar system activities and lessons:
- The Sun Activities for Kindergarten – learn about the sun and how the planets orbit around it including a fun planets game for kids!
- Moon Activities for Kids & Astronauts Too – make oreo moon phases, DIY telescope, learn about the astronauts who landed on the moon, and more!
- Inner Planets for Kids (Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars) – Use our free planet worksheets and fun hands-on activities like Mercury craters, Venus’ melting rocks, layers of the earth, and Erupting Mars Volcano
- Outer Planets for Kids (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune) – combination of hands-on solar system projects and solar system printables; gaseous Jupiter, Saturn Rocket, plus cloudy Uranus and Neptune.
- Pluto, Asteroid Belt, Comets, and Stars for Kids – make a FUN constellation projector, cold Pluto ice cream project, and grape constellation project
- Yarn Solar System Project – fun, unique, and easy solar system model that is cheap and so pretty!
- Paint Stick Solar System Project – easy-to-make solar system model for kids that doubles as an activity for learning the names and order of the planets
- Pipe Cleaner Constellations – fun hands on pipe cleaner constellations activity for kids
- Simple Galaxy Science Experiments
- Looking for more fun, engaging, creative, and memorable moon projects for kids? You will love this 50 Moon Activities for Kids & Crafts collection with the best ideas from the whole internet!
- TONS of really cool Solar System Project Ideas for kids of all ages
Free Solar System Printables
Plus, don’t forget to add these free solar system worksheets and printables to your lesson plan:
- HUGE pack of FREE Solar System Worksheets for elementary age kids
- Planet worksheets for kindergarten with solar system themed math and literacy activities for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students
- Simple Astronaut Coloring Pages
- Free Constellation Activity Sheets
- Space Worksheets Preschool
- Solar System Coloring Pages to read, learn, and color the solar system
- Printable Free Constellations Printable pdf for children to learn about stars and the patterns they make in the night sky
- Cootie Catcher Constellation Activities for Kids
- Free Constellation Cards
- Moon Phases Kindergarten Worksheets – HUGE pack!
- Planets Solar System for Kids pdf Book for students to learn about all the planets in our solar system
- Moon Phases Printable Mini Book for kids to learn about the phases of the moon
- Animal Homes Clipcards
- Crystals – How to Grow Crystals K-6th
- Dancing Raisins Experiment
- Habitat Adventure Game (Exploring Biomes, Animals, and Taxonomy) K-6th
- Hatching ButterfliesK-6th
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – K-6th
- Why do Leaves Change Colors K-6th
- Homemade Battery Experiment K-6th
- Pop Rock Science Experiment K-6th
- Simple Machines Mini Book
- Zoo Scavenger Hunts – 17 different hunts for kids Toddler – 6th Grade
Solar system printables pdf
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
>> Parents Set <<
>> TEACHERS Set <<