Kids will have fun learning about our solar system with these free printable Solar System Worksheets for kids. You’ll find solar system vocabulary, planets, sun, stars, moon phases, and so much more! These free worksheets are great for Kindergarteners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students.
Solar System Worksheets
Our solar system is a fascinating things for kids of all ages to study. Not only can they easily see the sun, they live on planet Earth, and they see bright stars in the evening sky. But there is so much more to it – a vast expanse of space filled with planets no man has ever walked on, mysteries like what is inside the earth, and so much more. It is no wonder even adults are fascinated with space travel, space exploration and science fiction shows like Star Trek and Star Wars. Our universe is truly an amazing and wonderful place. These solar system worksheets are a fun way to learn more about the milk way galaxy, mars, venus, Mercury, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, the moon, and so much more!
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – these free science worksheets are a great way to make learning fun. You will love that they are no prep! Use these with an astronomy or solar system unit with pre k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade children.
Free solar system printables
I created these solar system worksheets free as part of our Solar System unit. Studying the solar system is a lot of fun. Kids have a natural interest in the stars, sun, planets, and more and this science unit is a great way to draw on kids natural curiosity and interest for a teachable moment.
They are a great way to help reinforce what kids are reading / learning as well to ensure they are remembering what they are studying as well. You will love that they include a huge variety of resources to learn astronomy for kids vocabulary, moon face, moon phases, planets worksheet, planet order, and so much more!
Solar system printables
Solar system worksheet
Included in these free printable solar system worksheets is what our family used to study the solar system. Of course we added some engaging books and hands on science projects too – you can see them in our solar system unit . There are 25 pages in this huge pack with a variety of levels to accommodate kids from Preschool – 8th grade. This is such a fun science unit to do together as a family!
Solar system printable
In the free printable free solar system worksheets you’ll find the following different solar system worksheet:
- Solar system vocabulary (29 color cars)
- Solar system vocabulary quiz
- Label the Planets
- Planet Order (with mnemonic device)
- Sun Review Questions (and answers)
- Moon Review Questions (and answers)
- Inner Planets Review Questions (and answers)
- Outer Planets Review Questions (and answers)
- Label the Moon Phases
- Moon Observations
- Mercury Facts
- Venus Facts
- Mars Facts
- Jupiter Facts
- Saturn Facts
- Uranus Facts
- Neptune Facts
Solar system for kids printables
Looking for more fun, hands on science activities to teach kids about astronomy or to round out your solar system for kids unit. You will love these hands on solar system activities and lessons:
- The Sun Activities for Kindergarten – learn about the sun and how the planets orbit around it including a fun planets game for kids!
- Moon Activities for Kids & Astronauts Too – make oreo moon phases, DIY telescope, learn about the astronauts who landed on the moon, and more!
- Inner Planets for Kids (Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars) – Use our free planet worksheets and fun hands-on activities like Mercury craters, Venus’ melting rocks, layers of the earth, and Erupting Mars Volcano
- Outer Planets for Kids (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune) – combination of hands-on solar system projects and solar system printables; gaseous Jupiter, Saturn Rocket, plus cloudy Uranus and Neptune.
- Pluto, Asteroid Belt, Comets, and Stars for Kids – make a FUN constellation projector, cold Pluto ice cream project, and grape constellation project
- Yarn Solar System Project – fun, unique, and easy solar system model that is cheap and so pretty!
- Paint Stick Solar System Project – easy-to-make solar system model for kids that doubles as an activity for learning the names and order of the planets
- Pipe Cleaner Constellations – fun hands on pipe cleaner constellations activity for kids
- Simple Galaxy Science Experiments
- Looking for more fun, engaging, creative, and memorable moon projects for kids? You will love this 50 Moon Activities for Kids & Crafts collection with the best ideas from the whole internet!
- TONS of really cool Solar System Project Ideas for kids of all ages
Solar system worksheets for kids
Plus, don’t forget to add these free solar system worksheets and printables to your lesson plan:
- HUGE pack of FREE Solar System Worksheets for elementary age kids
- Planet worksheets for kindergarten with solar system themed math and literacy activities for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students
- Simple Astronaut Coloring Pages
- Free Constellation Activity Sheets
- Space Worksheets Preschool
- Solar System Coloring Pages to read, learn, and color the solar system
- Printable Free Constellations Printable pdf for children to learn about stars and the patterns they make in the night sky
- Cootie Catcher Constellation Activities for Kids
- Free Constellation Cards
- Moon Phases Kindergarten Worksheets – HUGE pack!
- Planets Solar System for Kids pdf Book for students to learn about all the planets in our solar system
- Moon Phases Printable Mini Book for kids to learn about the phases of the moon
Science for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- Quick and EASY Lemon Volcano – a fun twist on classic volcano science project using acidity of lemon instead of vinegar as the acid
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments for kids – arranged by type of science
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water)
- EASY Magnetic Field Sensory Bottle that will WOW your kids!
- Leak Proof Bag – Amazing Science Experiment with Everyday Materials
- Exploring with Magnet Experiments for Kids
- Amaze kids with these 12 Hands on Science experiments with batteries
- 24 Epic Solar system science projects to try this week
- Fun Water balloon science experiment that explores density
- Amazing, heat-sensitive color changing slime
- 50 Fun Preschool science experiments the whole family will want to try
- Simple Galaxy science project
- Easy and Fun Dancing Raisins Experiment
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane
- Eye opening Eye science experiments
- Easy-to- make Air pressure science project
- Amazing POP rocks science experiment is one of our all-time favorite science experiments we like to do during the summer are
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers are so pretty you’ll forget it was as science project!
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- 30 Simple machines science projects kids will want to try
- Easy, fascinating, and colorful project answering Why do Leaves Change Color Experiment
- Free Printable Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- 19 Edible science experiments – which delicious project will you try first?
- HUGE Free Solar System Unit (coloring pages, hands on science projects, worksheets, and more!)
- Pipe Cleaner Constellation Activity (As seen on Good Housekeeping!)
- Teach kids about conductivity with this fun squishy circuits projects
- Amazing, Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime
- Life Cycles for Kids (from penguin to sunflower and spider to turkey we have LOTS of life cycles to explore and learn about)
- EASY, Colorful Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Kids will be amazed as you change colors of white flowers with this Dying Flowers Science Experiment
- This super cool Lego Zipline is fun and simple to make
- Human Body Project
- Check out this super cool look INSIDE a Volcano Project
- Exploding Watermelon – science experiment that explores potential and kinetic energy with a big WOW moment!
- Memorable Life Size Skeletal system science project – includes free printable template
- Mind-Blowing Magnetic Slime for Kids
- 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, BLAST OFF! Rocket Baking Soda and Vinegar Experiment
- Find LOTS more Easy Science Experiments for kids of all ages!
Solar System Books for Kids
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
I just wanted to say thank-you for sharing such great resources.
Sincerely thank you!
I have downloaded several other items from your website, but I can’t find a download link for this one. Have you changed it? Do I have to give you my email address first?
Thanks a lot.
H, Thank you so much for this invaluable site. I have used your site for a while now but I can’t locate the download button for this task either. It isn’t visible at the bottom on this page. Has it been removed? I have also spent a long time looking for multiplication wheels that I’m sure you had before. Could you please direct me to them? Thank you so much for providing such a fantastic site.
Thank you for sharing
Thank you so much for what you have provided. My sons love of space has been nourished by the space worksheets. I was lost before finding your pages. Truely thank you
Thank you so very much for what you provide! This is amazing! GOD BLESS YOU! I am so grateful for this resource as I am a new homeschooler and I feel lost at times!
Thank you very much for this resource! I’m already planning for my son’s school curriculum for next year and we’ll be covering the solar system then. I really appreciate your hard work and efforts and want to thank you again!!!
Thank you so much
thank you i will enjoy with my daughter
I am new to homeschooling since the —–. Your resources have been a LIFESAVER as I had none to start with and am not able to purchase much. My young learner has an incredibly hard time sitting still like most, so games and activities are a must. You and yours should be incredibly proud of your generosity, creativity, and expertise! I am incredibly grateful!!
Thanks- this is amazing
Thank you for such great resources for my littles
thank you for sharing these!
Thank you so much for sharing these curriculum activities.
I love your activities. Thank you for sharing
Your website has such fantastic resources. Thank you so, so much for sharing!!
Thank you! The materials are really wonderful!
thank you! the worksheets are really useful.
Can’t wait to use these with my special education students. You are helping to make summer school a time for FUN learning. Thank you!
IT IS WONDERFUL!!
I am a retired science teacher. I have taught biology, earth science and astronomy for the past 39 years. The activities/ worksheets here I have used in some other form for many years. These are great and are usually state curriculum compliant . Great job Beth!
Thank you very much!
These look great for use with my fifth graders.
Thank you so much
I wish the worksheets were labeled or separated by grade level.