Get ready to WOW your kids with this magnetic slime kids activity! This magnetic slime recipe allows children to not only have fun, but explore magnets and the magnetic field they create with an epic diy magnetic slime! These magnet activities are perfect magnet science experiment for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade students.
Whether youare kids are big slime fans or not, this outrageously fun magnet experiment for kids allows students to explore the properties of magnets and the magnetic field they create while having fun with magnetic slime! This EASY magnetic slime recipe is simple to make to allow preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students to explore magnets for kids. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love making a batch of this DIY Magnetic slime to explore magnets while getting in some sensory fun too!
Magnetic Slime Recipe
All you need are a few magnetic slime ingredients to whip up a batch of your very own magnetic slime putty:
- 1/2 cup of elmers white glue into a bowl.
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of the iron oxide powder
- 1/2 cup Sta-Flo liquid starch t
- Neodymium Magnets to PLAY
How to make magnetic slime
Ready to make your kids favorite new slime recipe? Here is the quick and easy way to make magnetic slime. Pour 1/2 cup of elmers white glue into a bowl. Add 1/2 cup of water to the glue and stir to combine. Add a 1/2 cup of the iron oxide powder and stir to combine.Add 1/2 cup Sta-Flo liquid starch to the mixture. Keep stirring it will turn black.
NOTE: Please remember when experimenting with the cause and effect of this magnetic slime experiment that it should be used with close adult supervision. Magnets can be extremely hazardous if swallowed or put too close to house hold items such as computers, credit cards, pace makers, televisions, etc. In addition, the iron oxide powder should never be ingested or inhaled.
Magnetic slime experiment
Now since this is slime, be prepared to let your kids just have fun playing and handling the slime for the first few moments. Children of all ages love the sensory play of this amazing substance the sheets, flows, oozes, and balls back up for more fun!
Magnetic slime science fair project
This glue and liquid starch recipe base is fun to play with even if weren’t magnetic!
Magnetic slime science project
Once your students have gotten some time to play with the slime, it’s time to reveal why this slime activity with magnets is SO COOL! Grab a magnet (or two) and show them how it reacts to the slime. Explain it is the iron oxide powder in the slime that creates a pull from the magnetic field they create. You can read a book on magnets, magnetic field, explain some caution about using the slime and magnets, and then give them a chance to explore.
Kids learn best through play and experimenting. This magnet for kids project allows young children to learn about the effect mangets have as well as exploring cause and effect.
Magnet Experiments for Kids
My kiddos loved watching the slime eat the magnets as the iron oxide solution enveloped with magnets!
WOW kids with a magnetic slime kids activity! This slime recipe allows children to explore magnet science experiments!
Magnet activities for preschoolers
Looking for more fun ways for kids to explore magnets and physical science? Check these out:
Popular Science Activities
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- Quick and EASY Lemon Volcano or 100 Amazing Food science experiments for kids – arranged by type of science
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water) or Magnet Experiments for Kids
- Amaze kids with these 12 Hands on Science experiments with batteries or 24 Epic Solar system science projects
- Fun Water balloon science experiment that explores density and Color-Changing Flowers
- 50 Fun Preschool science experiments, Simple Galaxy science project, and Easy and Fun Dancing Raisins Experiment
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane, Eye opening Eye science experiments
- Easy-to- make Air pressure science project and Amazing POP rocks science experiment
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers, fun How to Make a Lava Lamp, 30 Simple machines science projects
- Why do Leaves Change Color Experiment, Free Printable Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- 19 Edible science experiments or teach kids about conductivity with this fun squishy circuits projects
- HUGE Free Solar System Unit, Pipe Cleaner Constellation Activity , Leak Proof Bag – Amazing Science Experiment with Everyday Materials, EPIC Mentos and Soda Experiment, and Mind-Blowing Magnetic Slime for Kids
- Color Changing Slime or l-o-n-g colorful bubble snakes , neat burning candle experiment worksheet answers
- Human Heart for Kids, hands-on Human Body Project, LOTS of Life Cycles for Kids
- EASY, Colorful Oil and Water Science Experiment, amazing Dying Flowers Science Experiment
- This super cool Lego Zipline is fun and simple to make orthis cool look INSIDE a Volcano Project
- Exploding Watermelon – science experiment that explores potential and kinetic energy with a big WOW moment!
- Life Size Skeletal system science project, free parts of the brain worksheet and project, fun science experiments
- Hands-on Newton’s cradle project, DIY draw bot for kids to make, playdough human body game
- EASY Magnetic Field Sensory Bottle that will WOW and LOTS more Easy Science Experiments for kids of all ages!
Looking for more fun-to-make easy slime recipes? You’ve got to try these slime recipes for kids:
- Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime or EPIC magnetic slime science project
- Cheery yellow baking soda slime , fun-to-play-with Ocean Slime or Slime Construction Activities for Preschoolers
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime , dish soap white slime, or our go to recipe – WOW 2 ingredient slime
- Super Simple Sand Beach Slime and patriotic red white and blue slime
- Fluffy green apple slime, yellow apple slime, shinny red apple pie slime, cool pumpkin slime, or fluffy turkey thanksgiving slime
- Watermelon Slime FUN for Kids or Puffy Watermelon Slime Recipe
- Green St Patricks Day Slime, Gold Slime Pot of Gold Activity, and leprechaun slime
- Frozen Blue Slime
- No-stick gingerbread slime, perfect Christmas slime, mr grinch slime
- Melting snowman slime, shimmery snow slime, pretty pink valentine’s day slime, purple valentine slime, red hot valentines day slime
- EASY Green Slime Recipe with Contact Solution,
- Fluffy gummy worms edible slime, Edible, Gummy Bear Slime or edible Chocolate Slime,
- Monsters Inc Slime with a zillion googly eyes, or fluffy Unicorn Slime