Do your kids love playing with slime and goo? Mine sure do! Here is a really fun valentine slime that uses red hots for a wonderful cinnamon smell with the red glitter glue that will leave kids ready for this valentines day activities. This valentines day slime is perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids from frist grade and 2nd grade. SO get ready for February 14th by whipping up a bath of slime for this valentine’s day activities for kids.
This is such a fun Valentines Day activity for kids! Kids love the gooey, slimy texture of SLIME! Now add to that the subtle, sweet smell of cinnamon Red Hot candies and now you have a real winner! We have a sensory activity for kids that appeal to lots of senses at the same time. So pick up some red hots, red glitter glue, and borax and you are ready to make this amazing valentine slime. Make this valentines day slime in February with your toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartner,s grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 children.
Valentines day slime
Put 1 cup water and 1/2 cup red hots candy in the microwave for 3 minutes.
Valentines day activities
In a large bowl empty 2-3 – 6oz bottles of red glitter glue. You can easily buy this at Target or Wal-Mart.
Valentine’s day activities for kids
Now pour out the water only from the red hot mixture – that will give you a beautiful red color and smell without adding texture to the slime.
Finally, in a separate bowl, mix 1 teas borax and 1 cup very warm water. Once dissolved pour it into the well mixed glue & red hot water mixture.
Red hot valentines
After mixing for a couple minutes pull out the slime mixture. Discard the leftover liquid. Now you have some beautiful red, sparkly cinnamon scented slime your kids will love!
Slime has a wide appeal from toddlers who love getting their fingers in the wonderful texture which strengthens their small hands to school age kids who stretch it and play creatively with it.
The Red Hot Valentine’s Day Slime has a wonderful consistency that stretches beautifully and stores for a long time in a Ziploc bag.
This is a fun Valentine’s Day kids activity they will love to do over and over again.
Valentines Day Worksheets
Looking for more way to make learning fun during February? Kids will LOVE these Valentine’s Day themed, educational activities. Plus, all of these are free printables.
- These Valentine’s day worksheets allow preschoolers to practice math and literacy with super cute printables that are NO PREP!
- Color by Letter to decorate these cookies with these fun Valentine Worksheets for Preschool
- Make your own Alphabet Book from A to Z with these Valentine’s Day Worksheets to color, read, and learn
- ABC Hole Punching for Valentines Day – preschoolers will have fun working on letter recognition as they use a hole punch with this free printable for February.
- Alpahbet Valentines – kids will have fun preparing Valentines with this fun activity that works on beginning sounds, tracing letters, and matching uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Rhyming Valentines cut and paste printables – these heart workshets are a fun way for kids to practice identifying rhyming words
- Valentines Day Math Clip Cards – practice counting numbers 11-20 with these cute, low prep clip cards
- Our kids favorite tradition! Print out these Valentines Day Printables and leave love notes for each other to read on February 14th!
- Pencil Valentine Printable – super cute free printable “looking sharp” Valentine for kids
- Sneak in some fun writing practice with these Febraury Writing Prompts Calendar
- Practice spelling with this fun, engaging and FREE Printable Valentine’s Day Spelling Activity
- Valentines Day I Spy Printable – this is a fun valentiens day activity that also works on counting and visual discrimination at the same time
- Practice sounding out and spelling short i words with this Heart themed spelling mats.
- Valentine’s Day ABC Hole PunchingActivity – kids will strengthen hand muscles while working on letter recognition
- Valentine sight word coloring pages – kids will have fun reading and gaining fluency with key sight words while revealing these mystery pictures
- A-Z Valentine’s Day Worksheets is fun for kids to practice making capital letters using conversation hearts!
- Practice forming simple words with this Kindergarten Valentines Day CVC word mats
- Make practicing preschool sight words fun with this Chocolate Box Valentine Activities for Preschoolers
- Count to 20 with these cute Valentine Math Clip Cards
- Practice counting to 10 with this Valentine Math Puzzles for pre-k
- Valentines Day Color by Number – students will reveal hidden pictures as they color by number and work on number recognition
- Free Valentine’s Day Tracing Worksheets for Preschoolers – kids will have fun working on hand muscles as they trace these common February items in these tracing worksheets.
- February Color by Number – work on number recognition as students reveal mystery pictures as they color.
- Count and Trace Valentines Day Worksheets with conversation hearts
- FUN, Self-checing Multiplication Valentine Math Activity for Kids
- Work on fractions, percent, and measurement with these Valentine Math Worksheets
- Color by Hundreds Chart Happy valentine’s day mouse activities
- Handy Valentines Day themed Odd and Even Numbers Worksheets
- Valentines Day Number Book – kids will have fun practicing counting with conversation hears as they make a free printable book.
- Kids will have fun practicing addition and subtraction with this clever,Valentine’s day math craft.
- Help kids work on symmetry for kids with these Valentine’s Day Worksheets
- Free Valentine’s day math worksheets – kindergartners will have fun practicing numbers to 100 while they reveal hidden images with these Valentines Day coloring pages
- Use snap cubes with this free printable Valentine Math activity for kindergarten and first graders
- Fun Lock and Key Color Matching Game for toddlers and preschoolers
- Work on making common shapes with these super cute Chocolate Shape Playdough Mats
- Add some Valentines Day Science with this super cool and EASY Dancing Hearts Experiment
- Try these FUN Valentine Science Experiments for kids of all ages
- Salt crystal hearts Science Experiment perfect for February
- Plus don’t miss these fun Valentines Books to cuddle up and read this February
- Heart Fish Craft for Valentines Day – kids will have fun cutting and pasting lots of hearts to make this adorable fish craft
- Fingerprint Hearth Tree Valentines Day Craft is super cute and such a precious keepsake craft
- Bear treat cup Valentines Day Craft is cute and practical too
- Red Hot Valentines Slime is so pretty and fun to play with!
- Try this EASY Chocolate playdough recipe to make your creations look like valentines day candy!
- Beautiful Valentines Art Projects – Matisse Style heart craft for kids
- Cactus valentine craft – this is such a fun cut and paste Valentines Day Craft for kids
- 30 February Crafts for Kids – so many fun, clever crafts to fill the whole month of February
- Don’t miss these fun February activities for kids
Looking for more fun-to-make easy slime recipes? You’ve got to try these slime recipes for kids:
- Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime pretty metallic slime recipe, or EPIC magnetic slime science project
- Cheery yellow baking soda slime , fun-to-play-with Ocean Slime or Slime Construction Activities for Preschoolers
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime , dish soap white slime, or our go to recipe – WOW 2 ingredient slime
- Super Simple Sand Beach Slime and patriotic red white and blue slime
- Fluffy green apple slime, yellow apple slime, shinny red apple pie slime, cool pumpkin slime, or fluffy turkey thanksgiving slime
- Watermelon Slime FUN for Kids or Puffy Watermelon Slime Recipe
- Green St Patricks Day Slime, Gold Slime Pot of Gold Activity, and leprechaun slime
- Frozen Blue Slime
- No-stick gingerbread slime, perfect Christmas slime, mr grinch slime
- Melting snowman slime, shimmery snow slime, pretty pink valentine’s day slime, purple valentine slime, red hot valentines day slime
- EASY Green Slime Recipe with Contact Solution,
- Fluffy gummy worms edible slime, Edible, Gummy Bear Slime or edible Chocolate Slime,
- Monsters Inc Slime with a zillion googly eyes, or fluffy Unicorn Slime