Our Disney Monsters Inc Inspired Slime Recipe is a perfect hands-on science activity for kids or as a fun Disney Monster Inc. Kids of all ages will love the texture and silliness of the way this fun sensory activity flower. I’ve tried it with toddler, preschool, kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd graders who all love it.
Here is a fun disney inspired sensory kids activity.
Monsters Inc Inspired Slime Recipe
- In a bowl mix 1 cup hot water with scant teas borax until dissolved – fight the urge to add more, less is more for a good runny consistency!
- In another bowl mix 1 cup hot water, food coloring (Willton or neon food coloring both work great) with 2 cups liquid school glue until thoroughly mixed (FYI – Modge Podge does NOT work!)
- Mix contents of both bowls together for a couple minutes.
We added google eyes to our slime. This is part of the Monsters Inc Inspired fun! Remember in the movie where the orange blob monster was walking to the factory and his body slipped through the grate leaving only his month & eyes? That was our inspiration!
Tinker Bell (2 years old) enjoyed squishing & pounding the goo. She added eyeballs to make monsters. This was not only great sensory exploration, but also great for her motor skills to strengthen her hands! She was happily entertained for 60 minutes!
Minnie (5 years old) was also thoroughly fascinated with how our slime recipe moved and oozed. She created monsters and then giggled as they flattened before her. She played for over 60 minutes and has been begging to play with more slime every day the last couple weeks!
So whether you are enjoying some Monsters Inc Inspired fun or adding it as a Halloween sensory activity this slime recipes is sure to be a HUGE hit!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World from a Mom that’s been there, done that!
- 107 Must Do Summer Activities for Kids
- Reading the Easy Way Preschool – 12 week sight word reading program with playful worksheets like color by sight word, 6 interactive games, activities, readers and more!
- 50+ Ideas for Cart Trip FUN!
- 60+ Fun Uses for Boxes