Are you looking for a fun monster activity to go along with an m is for monster, Halloween theme, or a Disney Monsters University family fun night? Or perhaps your child is really into slime and you are looking for a silly and easy slime recipe. No matter what brought you here – I am so excited to share our really fun Monsters Inc Slime. This recipe is quick and easy to make, sneaks in some science, and a lot of laughter. This kids activity is perfect for toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students.
Monsters Inc Slime
Do your kids love playing with slime? Slime is such a fun hands on sensory activity that helps kids learn to explore a variety of textures and states of being. This is the ultimate science activity for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1 and grade 2 students! If you’ve been a reader for any amount of time, you know we are BIG Disney fans in our house; most activities end up with a Disney twist to make learning and playing extra fun! This Monsters Inc Slime recipe is such a zany new slime activity that is the perfect family activity to go along with a family movie night!
Here are even more fun disney printables and themed activities!
To make this easy slime recipe, simply mix in a small bowl 1 cup of hot water with scant teaspoon of borax until dissolved – fight the urge to add more borax, less is more for a good runny consistency!
In a separate small bowl, mix 1 cup hot water and food coloring (Willton or neon food coloring both work great) with 2 cups liquid school glue until thoroughly mixed (FYI – Modge Podge does NOT work!)
Finally, to make your disney slime recipe, mix contents of both bowls together for a couple minutes using a fork. Okay, you can use your fingers -I know you want to!
Slime from monsters inc
Other than the fun purple color which reminded us of Sully (or you could use neon green for a Mike Wazowski color), the next part that makes it a monster slime recipe is the many, many silly eyes! We added google eyes to our slime.
Remember in the movie where the orange blob monster was walking to the factory and his body slipped through the grate leaving only his month & eyes? That was our inspiration! So you could make it orange too … but we wanted to color it after the lovable “kitty”.
Monster inc slime
My eight-year-old went nuts! He just loved playing with the fun slime and when we added in all the silly eyes he laughed hysterically. We just couldn’t get enough of playing with the texture and experiment with how it oozed, without holding it’s shape.
Slime Activity for Kids
My 2 year old enjoyed squishing & pounding the goo. She added eyeballs to make monsters. This was not only great sensory exploration, but also great for her motor skills to strengthen her hands! She was happily entertained for 60 minutes!
Borax Slime Recipe
My 5 years old was equally enamored with the play recipe! She was thoroughly fascinated with how our slime recipe moved and oozed. She created monsters and then giggled as they flattened before her. She played for over 60 minutes and has been begging to play with more slime every day the last couple weeks!
So whether you are enjoying some Monsters Inc Inspired fun or adding it as a Halloween sensory activity this slime recipes is sure to be a HUGE hit!
Monster Activities for Preschoolers
- Monster Shape Playdough Mats
- Monster Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Feed the Monster Printable
- Monsters Inc Slime
- Free Monster Memory Game
- Monster Math
- Target Monster Cookie Recipe
- Monster Alphabet Letters
- Monster Counting with Google Eyes
- Fun Monster Preschool Theme
- Monsters Family Fun Night
- HUGE Monster Worksheets Pack (with silly Monsters University friends)
- 100 EPIC Monster Crafts for preschoolers
Disney activity sheets
Learning alongside your child’s favorite Disney characters makes learning fun! Here are several other free printables with a fun Disney twist to make learning FUN:
- Cars Reward Chart – great for encouraging and tracking reading, chores, using the potty, and more!
- Princess Princess Alphabet Coloring Pages – color and display alphabet wall cards (or grab the Princess Alphabet Letters in full color)
- Disney Spelling Tests – make practice spelling fun (or try these Princess Spelling Tests)
- Princess Sight Word Readers – help kids get excited to practice reading sight words with these readers for Toddler-2nd grade
- Princess Disney Printable Calendar 2022 – updated annually
- Frozen Preschool Worksheets – help preschool, kindergarten ,and first graders practice a variety of alphabet, math, and literacy skills with a fun twist
- Princess Worksheets – math and literacy has never been so much fun as with these NO PREP, free worksheets for kids from toddler, preschool, kindergarten, and first grade
- Princess Printables Reading Logs
- Frozen Reading Logs make it fun for kids to track how much they’ve read
- Greater than Less Than Worksheets Peter Pan Printables
- Toy Story and Cars Free printable sight word books pdf
- Cute Alphabet Disney Worksheets from A to Z
- Monsters Inc Worksheets make practicing math, letters, and literacy scary fun!
- Rapunzel Worksheets – Do you have a fan of the Tangled movie? Practicing math and literacy skills with this long-haired princess
- Disney Villain Printables – Themed Kindergarten Worksheets
- Alice in Wonderland Worksheets for kids to practice math and literacy
- Color by Number Alice in Wonderland Worksheets
- Peter Pan Color by CVC Word Worksheets
- Doc McStuffins Printables with math and literacy worksheets for preschoolers
- Jake and the Neverland Pirates Worksheets filled with fun math and alphabet worksheets
- Little Mermaid Color by Sight Word Worksheets – kids will have fun coloring by code as they practice reading sight words with Ariel
- Beauty and the Beast Color by Number Printable – these worksheets help preschoolers practice number recognition while strengthening fine motor skills
- Toy Story Subtraction Flash Cards
- Princess Addition Flash Cards
- Star Wars WOrksheets
Looking for more fun-to-make easy slime recipes? You’ve got to try these slime recipes for kids:
- Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime
- Construction Slime Activities
- EASY Contact Solution Slime
- WOW 2 ingredient slime -our go to recipe
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime
- Edible, Gummy Bear Slime or this Cornstarch Slime with gummy bears
- Monsters Inc Slime with a zillion googly eyes
- Chocolate Goop
- Fluffy Unicorn Slime
Seasonal Slime Recipes
- Melting Snowman Slime
- Red Hot Valentines Day Activity Slime
- Valentines Day Glitter Slime
- Purple Valentines Day Slime
- Beautiful Gold Slime
- Glittery Green slime for St Patrick’s Day
- Leprechaun St Patricks Day Slime
- Easy Halloween Slime
- Gorgeous shimmery Gingerbread Slime
- Seriously green Mr Grinch SLime
- Fluffy Christmas Slime