Help children practice subtraction with these handy subtraction flashcards. These printable subtraction flash cards allow kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders to practice subtracting along with their favorite toys featuring in movies like Toy Story. Simply grab the pdf file with subtraction flash cards and you are ready to play and learn with a subtraction activity!
Whenever we add a splash of Disney fun, learning seems to happen more effortlessly at our house. These inspired by Toy Story printables allow kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students practice subtraction math facts while having fun. Simply print the subtraction flashcards featuring Buzz, Woody, Rex, Aliens, Ham, Mr Potato Head, Mrs Potato Head, and more. How you can practice drilling math facts with these subtraction flash cards printable to gaine fluency. These are also fun to use in games like around the world or for independent pratice. This subtraction activity is perfect for parents, teachers, and homeschoolers alike.
Subtraction Flash Cards Printable
Printable Subtraction Flash Cards
Help kids gain math fluency with these free printable subtraction flashcards with a fun Disney Toy Story inspired theme! These can also be used in many games. I highly suggest printing in color on cardstock 2-sided.
Cut apart the flashcards.
For your convenience, on the back of each flashcard is the answer in the upper left circle.
Subtraction Flash Cards
- Individual practice at their own pace
- Timed Individual practice (challenge them to see how many they can get right in 5 minutes, then 3 minutes, etc). Keep a record of their best and compare it with their best the following week.
- Partner flashcards – have them time each other. This offers them both practice seeing, reading, and hearing the equations out loud. HINT: I like to have my students say the whole equation: 11 minus 9 equals 2.
- Around the world. Have one student stand by a desk and put up a flashcard. Whoever gets it right continues on to the next students desk; the other student sits down. Keep going until one student has made it around the word (back to their desk)
My kids were always way more likey to want to practice math facts when they had a fun theme they enjoyed!
Looking for more subtraction worksheets and subtraction games to make learning to subtract fun? Check out these subtraction math ideas and free resources:
- No-prep Subtraction Games for Kindergarten
- Sandcastle Subtraction Craft
- FUN Subtraction BINGO
- Goldfish subtraction games for Kindergarten
- Hungry Unicorn Subtraction – sensory math activities
- Patriotic Subtraction Mats
- Free Valentine’s day subtraction worksheets
- Toy Story Subtraction Flash Cards
- Roll and Smash within 6 (great for strengthening hand muscles) – subtraction activities
- Subtraction Smash – FUN subtraction practice for kindergartners within 10
- Roll & Subtraction Smash printable activity for kids within 12 (with number sense)
- Fill-in-the-Wheel Free Math Subtraction Worksheets
- Fun and FREE Subtraction Worksheets with a deck of cards
- Math Aquarium – Free Subtraction File Folder Game
- Free Printable Subtraction worksheets pdf you turn into a mini book
- Pot of Gold Subtraction Math Craft
- Hibernating Animals Simple Subtraction Worksheets
- Lemon Free Subtraction Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Thanksgiving Math Worksheets – Cut and Paste Subtraction Turkeys
- Subtraction Playdough Mats
- Animal Crack the Code Worksheet – simple addition and subtraction
- Back to School Crack the Code Worksheet – simple addition and subtraction
- Christmas Fact Family Math
- Watermelon Fact Family Worksheets
- See even more FREE subtraction games worksheets!
Addition and Subtraction Worksheets
- Math Mystery subtraction printables
- Solve and Stamp Addition and Subtraction Worksheets
- Addition and Subtration Games Printable within 5
- Gumball Math Addition and subtraction worksheets
- Fluency within 5 addition and subtraction games
- Subtraction & Addition Candy Corn Math Puzzles
- Hot chocolate math – addition and subtraction fact family worksheets
- Snowman Math – build a snowman by solving addition and subtraction problems
- Christmas Fact Families – addition and subtraction worksheets
- Star Wars Math Activities: Addition and Subtraction to 20
- Butterfly Addition and Subtraction Kindergarten
- Kindergarten Free Summer Math Worksheets
- Math Cootie Catcher – addition, subtraction, numbers, dubbling
- Free Fact Family Worksheets – color or black & white
- Apple Kindergarten Math Worksheets
Look for more free flashcards? We have lots of choices to help you learn and review lots of math, science, and literacy skills!
- Lego printable multiplication flash cards
- Shape Scavenger Hunt Flashcards
- Alphabet Wall Cards
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Flashcards
- Famous Landmarks Lego Challenge Cards
- Handy Music Note Flashcards
- Number Flashcards Printable
- Free Sign Language Flash Cards
- Printable Biology Flashcards
- Printable color flashcards for toddlers
- Free Printable Shape Flashcards
- Minion Division Printable Math Flashcards
- Free Printable Alphabet Flash Cards
- Addition Princess Flashcards
- Sight Word Flashcards
- Constellation Flashcards
- Lego Alphabet Crafts
- Printable Piano Flashcards
- Free Printable Color Flashcards
- Subtraction Toy Story Flashcards
- See all our printable flashcards for kids of all ages!
Disney activity sheets
Learning alongside your child’s favorite Disney characters makes learning fun! Here are several other free printables with a fun Disney twist to make learning FUN:
- Cars Reward Chart – great for encouraging and tracking reading, chores, using the potty, and more!
- Princess Princess Alphabet Coloring Pages – color and display alphabet wall cards (or grab the Princess Alphabet Letters in full color)
- Disney Spelling Tests – make practice spelling fun (or try these Princess Spelling Tests)
- Princess Sight Word Readers – help kids get excited to practice reading sight words with these readers for Toddler-2nd grade
- Princess Disney Printable Calendar 2022 – updated annually
- Frozen Preschool Worksheets – help preschool, kindergarten ,and first graders practice a variety of alphabet, math, and literacy skills with a fun twist
- Princess Worksheets – math and literacy has never been so much fun as with these NO PREP, free worksheets for kids from toddler, preschool, kindergarten, and first grade
- Princess Printables Reading Logs
- Frozen Reading Logs make it fun for kids to track how much they’ve read
- Greater than Less Than Worksheets Peter Pan Printables
- Toy Story and Cars Free printable sight word books pdf
- Cute Alphabet Disney Worksheets from A to Z
- Monsters Inc Worksheets make practicing math, letters, and literacy scary fun!
- Rapunzel Worksheets – Do you have a fan of the Tangled movie? Practicing math and literacy skills with this long-haired princess
- Disney Villain Printables – Themed Kindergarten Worksheets
- Alice in Wonderland Worksheets for kids to practice math and literacy
- Color by Number Alice in Wonderland Worksheets
- Peter Pan Color by CVC Word Worksheets
- Doc McStuffins Printables with math and literacy worksheets for preschoolers
- Jake and the Neverland Pirates Worksheets filled with fun math and alphabet worksheets
- Little Mermaid Color by Sight Word Worksheets – kids will have fun coloring by code as they practice reading sight words with Ariel
- Beauty and the Beast Color by Number Printable – these worksheets help preschoolers practice number recognition while strengthening fine motor skills
- Toy Story Subtraction Flash Cards
- Princess Addition Flash Cards
By using materials from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Clipart purchased and used with permission from REVIDEVI.
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
- This is not a licensed Disney product. I am not affiliated with or sponsored by Disney Enterprises.