Make math fun for first graders with this super cute subtraction games for grade 1. Children will solve the subtraction equations on the cute fish and then put them in the aquarium with the correct difference. This printable subtraction games is fun for first grade and grade 2 students. Simply print pdf file with 1st grade subtraction game and you are ready for a fun math file folder games.
This Aquarium Subtraction Game is a fun way to help 1st and 2nd grade students practice subtraction with a fun math game! This subtraction games for grade 1 is a math file folder games which is a fun, easy-to-store, engaging subtraction activity for kids. Use this subtraction activity as a math center, enrichment, summer learning, and extra subtraction practice to help work on math fluency.
Subtraction games for grade 1
To make the file folder game. Print on cardstock. Attach the front of the cover and tab label as seen above. To make the aquarium pockets follow these directions:
You can laminate the fish equations for durability & cut out. The complete assembly of this file folder game should take less than 30 minutes! I like to color code mine by grade for ease of use
Now you are ready to let your kiddo have at the fun and practice math! Simply have children solve the subtraction to 20 equation on one of the colorful fish. When children find the difference, have them put the fish into the correct aquarium featuring the numeral they solved for. When all the fish are happily swimming in their tank – you’re done!
This is better than subtraction worksheets because students can practice over and over again to achieve math fluency!
Looking for more subtraction worksheets and subtraction games to make learning to subtract fun? Check out these subtraction math ideas and free resources:
- Sandcastle Subtraction Craft
- FUN Subtraction BINGO
- Goldfish subtraction games for Kindergarten
- Hungry Unicorn Subtraction – sensory math activities
- Patriotic Subtraction Mats
- Free Valentine’s day subtraction worksheets
- Toy Story Subtraction Flash Cards
- Roll and Smash within 6 (great for strengthening hand muscles) – subtraction activities
- Subtraction Smash – FUN subtraction practice for kindergartners within 10
- Roll & Subtraction Smash printable activity for kids within 12 (with number sense)
- Fill-in-the-Wheel Free Math Subtraction Worksheets
- Fun and FREE Subtraction Worksheets with a deck of cards
- Math Aquarium – Free Subtraction File Folder Game
- Free Printable Subtraction worksheets pdf you turn into a mini book
- Pot of Gold Subtraction Math Craft
- Hibernating Animals Simple Subtraction Worksheets
- Lemon Free Subtraction Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Thanksgiving Math Worksheets – Cut and Paste Subtraction Turkeys
- Subtraction Playdough Mats
- Animal Crack the Code Worksheet – simple addition and subtraction
- Back to School Crack the Code Worksheet – simple addition and subtraction
- Christmas Fact Family Math
- Watermelon Fact Family Worksheets
- See even more FREE subtraction games worksheets!
Addition and Subtraction Worksheets
- Math Mystery subtraction printables
- Solve and Stamp Addition and Subtraction Worksheets
- Addition and Subtration Games Printable within 5
- Gumball Math Addition and subtraction worksheets
- Fluency within 5 addition and subtraction games
- Subtraction & Addition Candy Corn Math Puzzles
- Hot chocolate math – addition and subtraction fact family worksheets
- Snowman Math – build a snowman by solving addition and subtraction problems
- Christmas Fact Families – addition and subtraction worksheets
- Star Wars Math Activities: Addition and Subtraction to 20
- Butterfly Addition and Subtraction Kindergarten
- Kindergarten Free Summer Math Worksheets
- Math Cootie Catcher – addition, subtraction, numbers, dubbling
- Free Fact Family Worksheets – color or black & white
- Apple Kindergarten Math Worksheets
Have other children you are homeschooling? You will want to check out our pre k worksheets, free printable worksheets for kindergarten, grade 1 worksheets, grade 2 worksheetsand free alphabet printables. Plus find our history for kids and easy science experiments for kids or all our free printable worksheets for kids.
By using the printable below you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (you may print off 1 copy for your families personal use)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, copied or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!