Make learning to subtract from 20 with this super cute, free goldfish printable, kindergarten subtraction games. This subtraction games for kindergarten is a fun way for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade kids to practice subtracting while having fun. Kids will use goldfish crackers and our cute fish printables to make leanring fun! Simply print goldfish subtraction pdf file and you are ready to play this subtraction activities for kindergarten.
Kindergarten Subtraction Game
Kids will love the hands-on math game to practice subtracting within 20. This subtraction game for kindergarten is LOW PREP and loads of fun to play and eat as it uses goldfish snacks. This kindergarten subtraction game is fun for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students. Using manipulatives is a great way to make math click for early learners and adding a cute fish theme and edible math activity makes it extra engaging and FUN so kids will want to practice math.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this math activity for kindergarten! Use this subtraction activity for kindergartners as extra practice at home, math centers in the classroom, or a supplement to your homeschool math curriculum.
Subtraction games for kindergarten
Kindergarten subtraction activities
Start out by printing one of the goldfish subtraction mats and the subtraction cards. Then laminate for durability and to make them reusable. Finally, cut apart the subtraction cards. You are ready to help kids discover that math is fun!
This is such a fun subtraction activities for kindergarten that uses goldfish crackers! All you need is to count out 20 fish crackers and place them on your subtraction mat. Now go through the subtraction flashcards one at a time. They all start with 20 goldfish and then take away a number from 0-20. Take away however many goldfish crackers it says to subtract. Now count the fish left in the aquarium and write the number on the bottom of the flashcard.
If your student has food allergies you can always use this included, non-food math activity. Simply cross out the goldfish you are subtracting to get your answer.
HINT: We laminate our math mat and flashcards. Then kindergarten and first grade students use a dry erase marker to write the solution on the bottom of the subtraction cards so you can check them. Then simply wipe clean and they are ready to reuse.
You can also write the correct answer on the back to make this activity self checking for kindergarten and 1st grade math centers.
Looking for more subtraction worksheets and subtraction games to make learning to subtract fun? Check out these subtraction math ideas and free resources:
- Sandcastle Subtraction Craft
- Fun Addition and Subtraction Math Mystery Printables
- Subtraction within 5 Printable Board Game
- Fluency within 5 Subtraction Games for Kids
- Patriotic Subtraction Mats
- Subtraction Worksheets you turn into a mini book
- Picking Lemons: A Free Subtraction Activity For Kindergarten
- FUN Subtraction BINGO
- Thanksgiving Math Worksheets – Cut and Paste Subtraction Turkeys
- Gumball Math – practice adding and subtracting
- Hibernating Animals Subtraction Worksheets
- Goldfish Kindergarten Subtraction Games
- Build a Snowman Math Activity
- Candy Corn Subtraction Puzzles
- Subtraction Worksheets with a deck of cards
- Toy Story Subtraction Flash Cards Printable
- See even more FREE subtraction games worksheets!
Looking for more fun activities with goldfish crackers? Try these free printable resources:
- Goldfish Kindergarten Subtraction Games
- Estimation for Kindergarten Activity with Gold fish
- Super cute Fish bowl, Free Goldfish Counting Printable – 1:1 correspondence activity for numbers 1-10
- Counting Goldfish Activity – roll 2 dice, count the dots and cover the goldfish from 2-12
- Goldfish Addtion for Kindergarten – free printable activity
- Fun Goldfish Math with greater than, less than, or equal to fish bowls
- One Fish Two Fish Counting Game for preschoolers with goldfish snacks
- One Fish, Two Fish Activities w/ FREE Dr Seuss Worksheets
Free printable worksheets for kindergarten
Looking for more free kindergarten printables? Check out these resources!
- Pirate Kindergarten Sight Words Game
- Start out your day with this kindergarten calendar activity
- Insect Telling Time Puzzles
- Free Life Cycle of a Frog Worksheets
- How to Grow Crystals Science Experiment
- 50 Shapes for Kids Printables and Activities
- Hoppy Addition Frog Math Game
- Seeds and Plants for Kindergarten Unit
- Farm Cut and Paste Sight Word Sentences
- Learn about Countries for Kids with these free printable mini books to read and color
- Pretty and EASY Walking Water Experiment
- Fun, free printable Zoo Scavenger Hunts
- Animal Clip it Beginning Sounds Activity
- Kindergarten Crafts arranged by month of the year!
- Alphabet Printable Hats are hugely popular and perfect for working on phonemic awareness and a letter of the week
Have other children you are homeschooling? You will want to check out our pre k worksheets, free printable worksheets for kindergarten and free alphabet printables. Plus find our history for kids and easy science experiments for kids or all our free printable worksheets for kids.
Printable subtraction games for kindergarten
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!