Make learning to subtract from 20 with this super cute, free goldfish printable, kindergarten subtraction games. This subtraction games for kindergarten is a fun way for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade kids to practice subtracting while having fun. Kids will use goldfish crackers and our cute fish printables to make leanring fun! Simply print goldfish subtraction pdf file and you are ready to play this subtraction activities for kindergarten.
Subtraction games for kindergarten
Kids will love the hands-on math game to practice subtracting within 20. This subtraction game for kindergarten is LOW PREP and loads of fun to play and eat as it uses goldfish snacks. This kindergarten subtraction game is fun for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students. Using manipulatives is a great way to make math click for early learners and adding a cute fish theme and edible math activity makes it extra engaging and FUN so kids will want to practice math.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this math activity for kindergarten! Use this subtraction activity for kindergartners as extra practice at home, math centers in the classroom, or a supplement to your homeschool math curriculum.
Free subtraction games for kindergarten
Kindergarten subtraction games
Start out by printing one of the goldfish subtraction mats and the subtraction cards. Then laminate for durability and to make them reusable. Finally, cut apart the subtraction cards. You are ready to help kids discover that math is fun!
Subtraction game for kindergarten
This is such a fun subtraction activities for kindergarten that uses goldfish crackers! All you need is to count out 20 fish crackers and place them on your subtraction mat. Now go through the subtraction flashcards one at a time. They all start with 20 goldfish and then take away a number from 0-20. Take away however many goldfish crackers it says to subtract. Now count the fish left in the aquarium and write the number on the bottom of the flashcard.
Kindergarten subtraction activities
If your student has food allergies you can always use this included, non-food math activity. Simply cross out the goldfish you are subtracting to get your answer.
HINT: We laminate our math mat and flashcards. Then kindergarten and first grade students use a dry erase marker to write the solution on the bottom of the subtraction cards so you can check them. Then simply wipe clean and they are ready to reuse.
You can also write the correct answer on the back to make this activity self checking for kindergarten and 1st grade math centers.
Looking for more subtraction worksheets and subtraction games to make learning to subtract fun? Check out these subtraction math ideas and free resources:
- Sandcastle Subtraction Craft
- FUN Subtraction BINGO
- Goldfish subtraction games for Kindergarten
- Hungry Unicorn Subtraction – sensory math activities
- Patriotic Subtraction Mats
- Free Valentine’s day subtraction worksheets
- Toy Story Subtraction Flash Cards
- Roll and Smash within 6 (great for strengthening hand muscles) – subtraction activities
- Subtraction Smash – FUN subtraction practice for kindergartners within 10
- Roll & Subtraction Smash printable activity for kids within 12 (with number sense)
- Fill-in-the-Wheel Free Math Subtraction Worksheets
- Fun and FREE Subtraction Worksheets with a deck of cards
- Math Aquarium – Free Subtraction File Folder Game
- Free Printable Subtraction worksheets pdf you turn into a mini book
- Pot of Gold Subtraction Math Craft
- Hibernating Animals Simple Subtraction Worksheets
- Lemon Free Subtraction Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Thanksgiving Math Worksheets – Cut and Paste Subtraction Turkeys
- Subtraction Playdough Mats
- Animal Crack the Code Worksheet – simple addition and subtraction
- Back to School Crack the Code Worksheet – simple addition and subtraction
- Christmas Fact Family Math
- Watermelon Fact Family Worksheets
- See even more FREE subtraction games worksheets!
Addition and Subtraction Worksheets
- Math Mystery subtraction printables
- Solve and Stamp Addition and Subtraction Worksheets
- Addition and Subtration Games Printable within 5
- Gumball Math Addition and subtraction worksheets
- Fluency within 5 addition and subtraction games
- Subtraction & Addition Candy Corn Math Puzzles
- Hot chocolate math – addition and subtraction fact family worksheets
- Snowman Math – build a snowman by solving addition and subtraction problems
- Christmas Fact Families – addition and subtraction worksheets
- Star Wars Math Activities: Addition and Subtraction to 20
- Butterfly Addition and Subtraction Kindergarten
- Kindergarten Free Summer Math Worksheets
- Math Cootie Catcher – addition, subtraction, numbers, dubbling
- Free Fact Family Worksheets – color or black & white
- Apple Kindergarten Math Worksheets
Looking for more fun activities with goldfish crackers? Try these free printable resources:
- Goldfish Kindergarten Subtraction Games
- Estimation for Kindergarten Activity with Gold fish
- Super cute Fish bowl, Free Goldfish Counting Printable – 1:1 correspondence activity for numbers 1-10
- Counting Goldfish Activity – roll 2 dice, count the dots and cover the goldfish from 2-12
- Goldfish Addtion for Kindergarten – free printable activity
- Fun Goldfish Math with greater than, less than, or equal to fish bowls
- One Fish Two Fish Counting Game for preschoolers with goldfish snacks
- One Fish, Two Fish Activities w/ FREE Dr Seuss Worksheets
Have other children you are homeschooling? You will want to check out our pre k worksheets, free printable worksheets for kindergarten and free alphabet printables. Plus find our history for kids and easy science experiments for kids or all our free printable worksheets for kids.
Subtraction game kindergarten
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!