This free printable Goldfish Subtraction Game is a fun way for Kindergarten and first grade kids to practice subtraction while having fun.
More FREE Subtraction Games
- Subtraction BINGO Game
- Printable Subtraction Mini Book
- Candy Corn Addition & Subtraction Puzzles
- Patriotic Subtraction Mats
- Gumball Subtraction Practice
- Deck of Cards Subtraction Practice
- Toy Story Subtraction Flashcards
Goldfish Subtraction Game
Kids will love the hands-on math game to practice subtracting within 20. This activity is LOW PREP and loads of fun to play and eat as it uses goldfish crackers.
Start out by printing one of the goldfish subtraction mats and the subtraction cards. Then laminate for durability and to make them reusable. Finally, cut apart the subtraction cards. You are ready to help kids discover that math is fun!
This is such a fun kindergarten math activity that uses goldfish crackers! All you need is to count out 20 fish crackers and place them on your subtraction mat. Now go through the subtraction flashcards one at a time. They all start with 20 goldfish and then take away a number from 0-20. Take away however many goldfish crackers it says to subtract. Now count the fish left in the aquarium and write the number on the bottom of the flashcard.
If your student has food allergies you can always use this included, non-food math activity. Simply cross out the goldfish you are subtracting to get your answer.
HINT: We laminate our math mat and flashcards. Then kindergarten and first grade students use a dry erase marker to write the solution on the bottom of the subtraction cards so you can check them. Then simply wipe clean and they are ready to reuse.
You can also write the correct answer on the back to make this activity self checking for kindergarten and 1st grade math centers.
More Free Goldfish Activities Kids will LOVE!
Don’t miss these other fun fish themed printables from our three sites.
Download Goldfish Subtraction Math Activity
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!