Kids will love working on subtraction with this fun and free Subtraction Checkers Game. With this game, children will learn about subtracting by 0s, 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s, 6s, 7s, 8s, 9s, 10s, 11s, 12s, 13s, 14s, and 15s through this fun printable game.
This fun and free subtraction game is a great low prep, printable game for kids to practice and review subtraction! This is a great resource for math, subtraction and more! Our free printable games for kids are so much fun, and a great low prep way to help teach students educational skills they will need for the future. These subtraction games printable is perfect for practicing math with 2nd graders, 3rd graders, 4th graders, 5th graders, 6th graders, and 7th grade students.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this low prep activity for helping students learn simple subtraction. We love teaching our kids the basic skills they will need for the future using fun and exciting games! These low-prep printables would be great used as part of a unit study on maths, subtraction, or as a way for children to practice and review their math, fine motor skills while having fun.
Subtraction Checkers Game
Printable Checkers Game
This cool math checkers has several choices depending on the age of your child. There are various checkers cool math game board choices included are:
- subtracting by 0s, 1s, 2s
- subtracting by 5s and 10s
- subtracting by 3s and 4s
- subtracting by 6s and 7s
- subtracting by 8s and 9s
- subtracting by 11s and 12s
- subtracting by 13s, 14s, and 15s
- subtracting by all numbers 1-15s
Subtraction math game
You can have your children decorate the game boards with crayons, markers, or colored pencils if you like. Personally, I think the blackline pops with the bright, bold color of Lego blocks!
They will also need 12 Lego bricks each, with each player choosing a different color. If you don’t have lego blocks, you can use buttons, skittles, M and M’s, erasers, or even candy.
Now set-up your game board like a typical checkers game. As you put the lego pieces on the board you need to say the equation and answer you come up with before you can put your piece on the gameboard.
Subtraction online games
This is so cool! Kids will be engaged and excited to practice subtraction because we’ve turned it into a really cool math game! We are always on the lookout for fun ways for kids to practice with math games.
Looking for more subtraction worksheets and subtraction games to make learning to subtract fun? Check out these subtraction math ideas and free resources:
- Sandcastle Subtraction Craft, FUN Subtraction BINGO, Goldfish subtraction games for Kindergarten
- Hungry Unicorn Subtraction – sensory math activities, Patriotic Subtraction Mats
- Free Valentine’s day subtraction worksheets, Toy Story Subtraction Flash Cards, Under the Sea Subtraction Games
- Roll and Smash within 6 subtraction activities, free Subtraction Smash within 10, and Roll & Subtraction Smash within 12
- Fill-in-the-Wheel Free Math Subtraction Worksheets, no-prep Subtraction Games for Kindergarten, and FREE Subtraction Worksheets with a deck of cards
- Math Aquarium File Folder Game, Free Subtraction worksheets pdf you turn into a mini book
- Pot of Gold Subtraction Math Craft, Hibernating Animals Simple Subtraction Worksheets, Lemon Free Subtraction Worksheets for Kindergarten, Thanksgiving Math Worksheets, Subtraction Playdough Mats
- Animal Crack the Code Worksheet, school supplies Crack the Code Worksheet – simple addition and subtraction
- Christmas Fact Family Math, Watermelon Fact Family Worksheets, See even more FREE subtraction games worksheets!
- Math Mystery subtraction printables, Solve and Stamp Addition and Subtraction Worksheets
- Addition and Subtration Games Printable within 5, Gumball Math Addition and subtraction worksheets
- Fluency within 5 addition and subtraction fluency games, Subtraction & Addition Candy Corn Math Puzzles
- Hot chocolate math addition and subtraction fact family, Snowman Math, Christmas Fact Families – addition and subtraction worksheets
- Star Wars Math Activities: Addition and Subtraction to 20, Butterfly Addition and Subtraction Kindergarten
- Kindergarten Free Summer Math Worksheets, Math Cootie Catcher, Free Fact Family Worksheets
- Apple Kindergarten Math Worksheets and Nocturnal Animals Printable Addition and Subtraction Games
- We have thousands more Free Kindergarten Worksheets and Kindergarten Math Worksheets to make learning fun and easy for kindergartners!
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.