Turn addition and subtraction practice into a fun, anticipated math activity with this set of free Math Mystery pages. These free math mystery packets include handy mystery math worksheets for kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders. These math mysteries make improving math fluency and problem solving into an fun math game! Simply print math mysteries printable free and you are ready to play and learn!
It’s time to pretend to be a detective and find these mystery numbers! Use the math clues to figure out which number belongs on each card! This Math Mysteries printable makes practicing adding and subtracting fun for kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students. Simply print your free math mystery packets and you are ready to start playing this free math game! Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – using math mystery worksheets will make math practice fun and engaging for children! Use these as summer learning, extra practice, math center in your classroom, or supplement to your homeschool math curriculum.
Math mysteries printable free
Free math mystery packets
There are two sets of math mystery cards:
- addition within 10
- addition within 20.
Each card includes a clue based on even and odd numbers and 2 clues that include either addition or subtraction. There is also a math mystery worksheets recording sheet included for use with a group of kids.
Mystery math Worksheets
If you’re going to use this mystery math activity in a classroom or co-op setting, I’d recommend laminating the cards. This way kids can use dry erase markers on the cards but they can still be reused. Have them write their final answer on a recording sheet. Otherwise, the cards can be used on plain paper for just one child.
These cards rely on logic to figure out the answer, but the answer can be found purely through using math. Go through each clue and eliminate as many numbers as possible until the final number is revealed.
The first clue is always indicating whether the number is even or odd. So start by crossing off any number that is excluded. Keep moving through the cards until there is just one number left. That is the mystery number! My kids enjoyed acting like detectives while doing their math (and I totally keep magnifying glasses on hand just for occasions like this!)
This math mystery worksheets free is such a fun way for kids to practice a variety of math skills while having fun and staying engaged. They will use a variety of math skills including word problems, logic skills, addition up to 20, subtraction up to 20, odd / even umbers, and more!
This is such a fun, hands on math game for kindergartners that helps achieve fluency while having FUN!
- Printable Addition Tic Tac Toe Math Game
- Gumball Math – Addition and Subtraction Practice
- Free Christmas Addition worksheets
- Fall Addition Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Sleeping Beauty Color by Addition Math Worksheets
- Hands-on Goldfish Addition Practice
- Crack the Code Worksheet – Addition Practice
- Pot of Gold Addition Practice
- Rubber Duckie Kindergarten Math activity
- Planting Seeds Free Addition Games
- Math Addition Worksheets Mini Book – Adding 0-12
- Deck of Cards Free Addition Worksheets
- Disney Princess Flashcards – Addition
- Free Addition within 10 Games Printable
- Turkey Addition Thanksgiving Math Worksheets
- Apple Addition Coloring Pages
- Free Frog Math – Addition Game for Kids
- St Patricks Day Addition Practice
- Gingerbread Addition Math Game
- Math Mystery Pack – Solve Addition & Subtraction Word Problems
Don’t miss all our free 2nd grade worksheets and our other printable worksheets for prek-12th grade students. We have free printable math worksheets, english worksheets, history for kids, cool science experiments, and even fun activities for kids to go with every season and holiday throughout the year!
Looking for more subtraction worksheets and subtraction games to make learning to subtract fun? Check out these subtraction math ideas and free resources:
- Sandcastle Subtraction Craft
- Fun Addition and Subtraction Math Mystery Printables
- Subtraction within 5 Printable Board Game
- Fluency within 5 Subtraction Games for Kids
- Patriotic Subtraction Mats
- Subtraction Worksheets you turn into a mini book
- FUN Subtraction BINGO
- Thanksgiving Math Worksheets – Cut and Paste Subtraction Turkeys
- Gumball Math – practice adding and subtracting
- Goldfish Kindergarten Subtraction Games
- Build a Snowman Math Activity
- Candy Corn Subtraction Puzzles
- Subtraction Worksheets with a deck of cards
- Toy Story Subtraction Flash Cards Printable
- See even more FREE subtraction games worksheets!
Free printable math mystery pictures
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.