You will love these cute, handy, and free printable sight words list! These printable sight words pages include age specific Dolch Sight Words worksheets so you know what sightwords your child should know by grade: preschool, pre k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and all common words for early readers.
Printable Sight Words List
These convenient, Printable Sight Words List are a great way to keep these common sight words children need to learn handy. Simply print the list and practice with preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students.
Learning sight words is critical to reading because they make up 75% of the words used in beginning children’s printed material plus many of these words cannot easily be sounded out or illustrated.
Looking for more fun ways to practice sight word to improve reading fluency and your child’s confidence reading? We have compiled sight words activities by grade below.
Sight Words List
Pre k sight words
Preschool Sight Words List: a, and, away, big, blue, can, come, down, find, for, funny, go, help, here, I, in, is, it, jump, little, look, make, me, my, not, one, play, red, run, said, see, the, three, to, two, up, we, where, yellow, you
Free preschool sight words activities to make learning fun:
- Little Mermaid Color by Sight Word
- Sight Words Construction games for Kids
- Crazy Roads pre primer sight word games
- Cut & Paste Worksheets – pre primer sight word sentences
- Penguin Sight Word Maze
- Christmas Sight Words – Read & Dab Mats
- Summer Free Sight Word Games
- Rocketship Sight Words
- Chocolate Box Preschool Sight Words Activity
- Valentine Color by Sight Word Worksheets
- Monster free printable sight word worksheets
- more preschool sight word activities
- Reading the EASY Way – Pre School Reading Program
Kindergarten Sight Words List Printable
Kindergarten sight words include the following: all, am, are, at, ate, be, black, brown, but, came, did, do, eat, four, get, good, have, he, into, like, must, new, no, now, on, our, out, please, pretty, ran, ride, saw, say, she, so, soon, that, there, they, this, too, under, want, was, well, went, what, white, who, will, with, yes
FREE sight word printable worksheets and games for kindergartners include:
- Farm Printable Sight Word Games
- Pumpkin Sight Words Game
- Dinosaur Sight Words Activity
- Free Christmas Sight Word Worksheets
- Summer Mazes – Sight Word Worksheets
- Read! Trace! Write! – building sentences with sight words
- Rapunzel Sight Word Coloring Pages
- Arctic Animals Sight Words Game
- Sight Word Groundhog Day worksheets
- Free printable sight word books
- Color by Sight Word Christmas
- Thanksgiving sight word coloring pages
- Train Sightwordsgame
- Popcorn sight words printables
- Apple Sight Words Tree Activity
- Gingerbread Sight Word Coloring Sheets
- Color by Sight Word Spring Reader
- Easter Sight Words Maze Worksheets
- Peacock Kindergarten Sight Words Activity
- Crazy Roads – Kindergarten Sight Word games
- Flower Sight Word Maze Worksheets
- Ocean Sight Words Worksheet
- Kindergarten Sight Words Christmas Activity
- Candy Cane Sight Words Activity
- Winter Free Sight Word Worksheets
- plus lots more kindergarten sight words activities
- Kindergarten Reading the EASY Way – ways to master kindergarten sight words
1st Grade Sight Words
First grade sight words include: after, again, an, any, as, ask, by, could, every, fly, from, give, going, had, has, her, him, his, how, just, know, let, live, may, of, old, once, open, over, put, round, some, stop, take, thank, them, then, think, walk, were, when
Following are fun, free printable activities to help kids learn first grade sight words:
- Crazy Roads 1st Grade Sight Words Game
- Cut & Paste 1st Grade Sight Words on the Farm
- Spring Flower Sight Words Game
- Sight Words BINGO Printable
- Bug Sight Word Readers kids create by cutting, pasting, and coloring
- Sight word flashcards printable
- Reading the EASY Way – 1st Grade Reading Game
Second Grade Sight Words
2nd Grade sight words include: always, around, because, been, before, best, both, buy, call, cold, does, don’t, fast, first, five, found, gave, goes, green, its, made, many, off, or, pull, read, right, sing, sit, sleep, tell, their, these, those, upon, us, use, very, wash, which, why, wish, work, would, write, your
Here are some fun, free printable games to learn second grade sight words:
- Sight Word Garden Game
- Frog Sight Word Games
- Colorful Printable Board game – 2nd Grade Sight Word Games
3rd Grade Sight Words
Third grade sight words include: about, better, bring, carry, clean, cut, done, draw, drink, eight, fall, far, full, got, grow, hold, hot, hurt, if, keep, kind, laugh, light, long, much, myself, never, only, own, pick, seven, shall, show, six, small, start, ten, today, together, try, warm
Looking for games to practice any sight words? Grab the free printable list, in alphabetical order, that will help you see all sight words at one glance:
a, about, after, again, all, always, am, an, and, any, are, around, as, ask, at, ate, away, be, because, been, before, best, better, big, black, blue, both, bring, brown, but, buy, by, call, came, can, carry, clean, cold, come, could, cut, did, do, does, don’t, done, down, draw, drink, eat, eight, every, fall, far, fast, find, first, five, fly, for, found, four, from, full, funny, gave, get, give, go, goes, going, good, got, green, grow, had, has, have, he, help, her, here, him, his, hold, hot, how, hurt, I, if, in, into, is, it, its, jump, just, keep, kind, know, laugh, let, light, like, little, live, long, look, made, make, many, may, me, much, must, my, myself, never, new, no, not, now, of, off, old, on, once, one, only, open, or, our, out, over, own, pick, play, please, pretty, pull, put, ran, read, red, ride, right, round, run, said, saw, say, see, seven, shall, she, show, sing, sit, six, sleep, small, so, some, soon, start, stop, take, tell, ten, thank, that, the, their, them, then, there, these, they, think, this, those, three, to, today, together, too, try, two, under, up, upon, us, use, very, walk, want, warm, was, wash, we, well, went, were, what, when, where, which, white, who, why, will, wish, with, work, would, write, yellow, yes, you, your
Sight Words Printable
Free sigh word printable worksheets and games to practice all dolch words include:
- Candyland Cards Printable
- Bug Sight Word Games
- Candy Corn Sight Word Reader
- Valentines Day Sight Word Mats
- Christmas Present Sight Word Mats
- Turkey Sight Word Mats
- Alphabet-O Sight Word Alphabetizing Games
- Sight Word Tracing Worksheets
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin your free homeschool? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE Printable Worksheets including resources for: pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, 2nd grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, 4th grade worksheets, 5th grade worksheets, 6th grade worksheets, and more. Plus see our history lessons for kids, printable math games, language arts worksheets, sight word worksheets, free alphabet printables, and cvc word activities for kids of all ages!
Printable Sight Words
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
Thank you very much for posting all the good activities for the kids. These are very thoughtful and nicely done.
Thank you so very much Beth Gorden! I am a Retired Teacher`s Asst. after 27 yrs of working with Special Ed kids and Kindergarten students I love going through and finding awesome work for my now Grand children 9,6,4 and one on the way in Jan. to be able to work on when I have them over. I saved a lot of papers for when I did work in the class rooms but since I found you I love all of your activities for them! I`m so Thankful I found you! Your the Best! Sincerely, Vivian Kiefer P.S Would you have anything with touch Math?
You are an amazing human being. Thank you. I would hug you if we were friends. 😀
Thank you so much for all you do! I wish you and your family nothing but the best.
I just want to send you a little thank you note, you have really made teaching my 11 year old daughter a much easier task.
I just want you to know I am forever grateful.
Thanks for making my work easier.
These activities are a bonus for me in the classroom. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you. This is really helpful