Make memorizing sight words for kids simple with these free sight word printables! We have no-prep sight word worksheet pages, printable sight word readers, cute sight word activitiy ideas, and of course engaging sight word game to print and play too! These resources are perfect for teaching pre-k, preschool, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders Dolch sight words.
SIght Words for Kids
If you’ve got a young learner, you know how important it is for kids to know sight words. Mastering these high frequency words that are difficult to sound out, helps children become confident, fluent readers. We’ve got tons of resources to help your kids learn their sight words while having fun. Use our sight words worksheets, convenient printable sight word readers, hands-on sight word activities, and cute sight word games to make learning easy and FUN! Use these sight word for kids ideas to teach preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students. You can see which words children typically learn in what grade in our printable sight words list.
What are Sight Words?
Sight words are words like the, two, or who that do not follow spelling rules. Decoding these words can be very difficult for children In addition, these words are found in more than 50% of text making it important for kids to learn and memorize these words. WIth repitition and practice with sight words worksheets, games and activities they can automatically recognize these words in print.
Sight Word Printables
Grab so of our free sight word printble pages to practice sight words. Whether you prefer to make your own sight word reader with a cut and paste activity, a print-and-go emergent reader, staping letters, and more – we’ve got printable sight word ideas for you!
- Make-your-own Farm Sight Words Reader
- Tracing Sight Word Worksheets
- Bug Sight Word Sentences Cut-and-Paste Readers
- Ice Cream Sight Word Sentences Readers
- Farm Sight Word Sentences Cut-and-Paste Readers
- Springtime Sight Word Sentences Cut-and-Paste Readers
- Princess Sight Word Readers
- Superhero Sight Word Readers
Sight Word Games
Kids tend to remember more when they play! These fun, free printable sight words games allow kids to play to practice their reading words.
- Battleship Sight Word Game
- Candyland Sight Word Game (PreK-3rd grade)
- Guess Who Sight Word Game
- Bug Sight Words Game
- Sight Words BINGO or this Dolch Sight Word Bingo
- Blackout Sight Word Game
Sight Word Activity
These clever sight word activities allow kids to interact with sight words by reading, matching sight words, and working on recognition too.
- Sight Word Flashcards
- Editable Peacock Sight Words Game
- Garden Sight Word Activity
- Feed the Dog Sight Word Activity
- Editable Christmas Sight Words Match
- Star Wars Sight Words Activity
- Word Search Sight Word activities pdf
Preschool Sight Words
If you are working on the first set of sight words, pre-k sight words, here are some preschool sight word worksheets, readers, and activities just for you!
- Little Mermaid Color by Sight Words
- Rocket Sight Words Game
- Building Sentences with Preschool Sight Words
- Crazy Roads Preschool Sight Words Game
- Monster Sight Words Reader
- Cars and Toy Story Sight Words Reader
- Preschool Sight Word Worksheets
- Pre Primer Sight Word Reader
These sight word games for preschoolers will make practicing fun and exciting!
- Construction Sight Words Game
- Apple Preschool Sight Word Tracing Strips
- Fall Sight Word Games
- Christmas Sight Word Game
- Penguin Pre K Sight Words Game
- Chocolate Box Sight Words Game
- Valentines Day Color by Sight Words
- Summer Sight Word Games
- Sight Word Readers for Preschool
Kindergarten Sight Words
Work on the second set of sight words with these sight words for kindergartners! We have cute color by sight word worksheets, find and cover pages, printable sight word books, sight word mazes,a nd more!
- Rapunzel Sight Words Coloring
- Poppin Sight Words Worksheets
- Under the Sea Kindergarten Sight Words
- Bigger or Smaller Kindergarten Sight Words Reader
- Building Sentences with Kindergarten Sight Words Cut & Paste Worksheets
- Read and Dab Sun Sight Word Mazes
- Kindergarten Sight Word Reader
Don’t miss these fun sight word games for kindergartner to make practicing exciting! From making crazy sight word roads a la dominos to board games featuring pirates, farm animals, trains and more – we’ve got lots of fun sight word exercises to practice!
- Crazy Roads – Kindergarten Sight Words Game
- Pirate Kindergarten Sight Words Game
- Dinosaur Sight Words Activity
- Pet Shop Reader to practice sight words and counting to 20
- Farm Kindergarten Sight Words Game
- Arctic Animals Kindergarten Sight Words Game
- Train Sight Words Game
Sneak in some fun seasonal sight word practice with these cute activities for fall, thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter and more!
- Sight Word Easter Chicks
- Easter Egg Sight Word Mazes
- Spring Emergent Reader Book
- Summer Kindergarten Sight Word Worksheets
- Apple Sight Words Activity
- Pumpkin Kindergarten Sight Words Game
- Thanksgiving Sight Word Coloring Pages
- Stringing Christmas Sight Words Activity
- Reading and Writing Gingerbread Activities
Try one of these kindergarten sight word activitiy ideas for holidays and themes. They are perfect for adding to centers, homework, or kindergarten themes too!
- Christmas Color by Sight Words
- Candy Cane Sight Words Practice
- Christmas Color by Sight Words
- Gingerbread Sight Word Coloring
- Winter Sight Word Worksheets
- Groundhog Day Color by Sight Words
- Flower Sight Word Mazes
1st Grade Sight Words
While first grade students have begun reading and are memorizing quicker, they can still benefit greatly from extra practice! Try these cute grade 1 sight word activitiy ideas!
- Spring Flower 1st Grade Sight Words Game
- Crazy Roads – First Grade Sight Words Game
- Alphabet-O Sight Words Alphabetizing Games
- 1st Grade Sight Word Readers
2nd Grade Sight Words
Practice the final set of dolche sight words – second grade sight words! These free printable sight word games for 2nd graders, free printable grade 2 sight word worksheets, and more make if fun to practice for fluency!
- Frog 2nd Grade Sight Words Game
- Sight Word Word Search for 2nd Graders
- Free Printable 2nd Grade Sight Word Games
Looking for more ways to teach sight words? Try our hugely popular Reading the Easy Way programs complete with lesson plans, worksheets, games, sight word readers, and more to make learning to readin fun!