Do you have a preschool, pre k, or kindergarten age child who is learning to read? This super cute, clever and FUN preschool sight words game is a great way to encourage young readers by learning key pre k sight words so students can become more confident readers and improve fluency too! Simply print pre primer sight words games pdf file with free printable sight words activity and you are ready to review prek sight words! In Crazy Roads Sight Word Games for preschoolers will play a sight word domino type game as they build roads while making learning fun!
Pre primer sight word games
Help preschoolers and kindergartners master preschool sight words with this fun, free printable sight words game! Using this pre k sight words game, children will work on visual discrimination as they read and re-read, identifying and re-identifying primary sight words to achieve fluency in this engaging reading game! In this game students work on the following preschool sight words list: a, and, away, big, blue, can, come, down, find, for, funny, go, help, here, I, in, is, it, jump, little, look, make, me, my, not, one, play, red, run, said, see, the, three, to, two, up, we, where, yellow, you.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this free sight word game! Use this as extra practice, literacy center in your classroom, or supplement to your homeschool phonics program! No matter how you use it, it is an engaging, hands on way to review Pre-Primer Sight Words.
Pre-k Sight Words
This is such a fun sight words game for kids of all ages. Kids can practice Dolch sight words which are the most commonly used words in all written English language accounting for over 60%. This is such a great way for kids of all ages to master these words. Print the Pre-Primer dominoes in color and laminate (we use this laminator and these laminator sheets). Now cut apart.
Pre primer sight words games
To play, put all the tile in a pile face down. Pass out 10-15 tiles depending on how many are playing 3-6. The player with the most + roadways goes first.
The + roads contain the 16 most used Pre Primer Sight Words. If you play a + road you get to play an extra tile too.
Prek sight words
Play continues clockwise with each player playing one tile per turn (two if you have a + road). Players must say read the sight word as they play the tile. If a player cannot play they must draw 1 tile from the pile and may not play that turn.
When you cannot make any more roads or one player plays all their road tiles the game is over.
Preschool sight words
For some extra fun practice at the end of your site word games, have the kids drive a small car (hot wheel size) over the road reading all the sight words as they go.
Sometimes seeing how somethings goes makes it a lot easier to understand. So take a peak at the video we made of this fun sight word game for kids!
Sight words for pre k
Free pre k sight words activities to make learning fun:
- Free Printable Sight Words List
- Sight Words Construction games for Kids
- Crazy Roads pre primer sight word games
- Cut & Paste Worksheets – pre primer sight word sentences
- Tracing Sight Words Worksheets
- Penguin Sight Word Maze
- Christmas Sight Words – Read & Dab Mats
- Summer Free Sight Word Games
- Rocketship Sight Words
- Chocolate Box Preschool Sight Words Activity
- Valentine Color by Sight Word Worksheets
- Monster free printable sight word worksheets
- more preschool sight word activities
- Reading the EASY Way – Pre School Reading Program
Printable sight word games
Looking for more fun, hands on kindergarten sight word worksheets, games, and activities? Check ideas these out:
- Crazy Roads – Kindergarten Sight Word games
- Farm Printable Sight Word Games
- Pumpkin Sight Words Game
- Dinosaur Sight Words Activity
- Pirate Sight Words Game
- Free Christmas Sight Word Worksheets
- Blackout Sight Word Game
- Free Printable Sight Word BINGO
- Battleship Sight word games
- Gingerbread Sight Word Coloring Sheets
- Color by Sight Word Spring Reader
- Easter Sight Words Maze Worksheets
- Printable Second Grade Sight Words Games
- Peacock Kindergarten Sight Words Activity
- Flower Sight Word Maze Worksheets
- Summer Mazes – Sight Word Worksheets
- Read! Trace! Write! – building sentences with sight words
- Train Sightwordsgame
- Popcorn sight words printables
Pre primer sight words
- Cut and Paste Sentences SIght Word Worksheets
- Rapunzel Sight Word Coloring Pages
- Arctic Animals Sight Words Game
- Star Wars Sight Word Practice
- Sight Word Groundhog Day worksheets
- Free printable sight word books
- Color by Sight Word Christmas
- Thanksgiving sight word coloring pages
- Apple Sight Words Tree Activity
- Ocean Sight Words Worksheet
- Kindergarten Sight Words Christmas Activity
- Candy Cane Sight Words Activity
- Winter Free Sight Word Worksheets
- plus lots more kindergarten sight words activities
- Kindergarten Reading the EASY Way – ways to master kindergarten sight words
- Free Printable Sight Words List
- Bug Sight Word Games
- Sight Word Superhero short story pdf
- Printable Pre-Primer Sight Words Books
Cars Activities for Kids
- Crazy Roads Sight Word Games for Kindergarten, Crazy Road Sight Word Games for 1st Grade, and Preschool Sight Words
- Make a work of art with this outrageously fun painting with cars activity
Practice sight words with these super cute, CARS free printable sight word books pdf (Preschool-2nd Grade)
- Free Cars printable Book Log
Printable Cars Reward Charts
- 20 Printable Roadtrip Games
- Tracing Shapes activity driving hotwheels on the road
- Roadtrip Worksheets for learning a variety of skills
Cars Filefolder punctuation games (1st-2nd Grade)
- DIY Pool Noodle Race Track Activity for Kids
Sight words for preschoolers
By using materials from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers and coops please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
Leave a Reply