Do you have a preschool, pre k, or kindergarten age child who is learning to read? This super cute, clever and FUN sight word game is a great way to encourage young readers by learning key primary dolch sight words so students can become more confident readers and improve fluency too! Simply download pdf file with free printable sight words activity and you are ready to review preschool sight words! In Crazy Roads Sight Word Game preschoolers will play a sight word domino type game as they build roads while making learning fun!
Preschool Sight Words
Help preschoolers and kindergartners master preschool sight words with this fun, free printable sight words game! Using this pre k sight words game, children will work on visual discrimination as they read and re-read, identifying and re-identifying primary sight words to achieve fluency in this engaging reading game! In this game students work on the following preschool sight words list: a, and, away, big, blue, can, come, down, find, for, funny, go, help, here, I, in, is, it, jump, little, look, make, me, my, not, one, play, red, run, said, see, the, three, to, two, up, we, where, yellow, you.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this free sight word game! Use this as extra practice, literacy center in your classroom, or supplement to your homeschool phonics program! No matter how you use it, it is an engaging, hands on way to review Pre-Primer Sight Words.
Sight Words Game
This is such a fun sight words game for kids of all ages. Kids can practice Dolch sight words which are the most commonly used words in all written English language accounting for over 60%. This is such a great way for kids of all ages to master these words. Print the Pre-Primer dominoes in color and laminate (we use this laminator and these laminator sheets). Now cut apart.
Sight Word Games
To play, put all the tile in a pile face down. Pass out 10-15 tiles depending on how many are playing 3-6. The player with the most + roadways goes first.
The + roads contain the 16 most used Pre Primer Sight Words. If you play a + road you get to play an extra tile too.
Pre K Sight words
Play continues clockwise with each player playing one tile per turn (two if you have a + road). Players must say read the sight word as they play the tile. If a player cannot play they must draw 1 tile from the pile and may not play that turn.
When you cannot make any more roads or one player plays all their road tiles the game is over.
Sight Word Games for Preschoolers
For some extra fun practice at the end of your site word games, have the kids drive a small car (hot wheel size) over the road reading all the sight words as they go.
Preschool Sight Words Activities
Free pre k sight words activities to make learning fun:
- Free Printable Sight Words List
- Sight Words Construction games for Kids
- Crazy Roads Preschool Sight Words Game
- Cut & Paste Worksheets – pre primer sight word sentences
- Penguin Sight Word Maze
- Christmas Sight Words – Read & Dab Mats
- Summer Free Sight Word Games
- Rocketship Sight Words
- Chocolate Box Preschool Sight Words Activity
- Valentine Color by Sight Word Worksheets
- Monster free printable sight word worksheets
- more preschool sight word activities
- Reading the EASY Way – Pre School Reading Program
Download Crazy Road Sight Words Game
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers and coops please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!