Kindergartners will have fun practicing primer sight words with this fun free sight word games for kindergarten and first graders. Crazy Roads is played sort of like dominoes where students match sight word roads with this engaing sight word activity that is great for improving reading skills! This sight words game kindergarten is also good for review with first graders. Simply print sight words printable pdf file with site words for kindergarten and you are ready to play and learn with a fun sight word games for kindergarten online free.
Sight Words Game Kindergarten
This sight words game kindergarten is a fun, free printable sight word activities for kindergarten to help kindergartners practice primer dolch sight words. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this LOW PREP, engaging sight words kindergarten game to help kids improve mastery of sight words and improve reading fluency! This fun sight word games for kindergarten online free is perfect for kindergartners and grade 1 students.
Sight words printable
Sight word activities for kindergarten
This sight words game kindergarten is very easy to set-up. Just print the orange tiles in color. I suggest you laminate the cards for durability and repeated use. Now cut apart the sight word tiles and you are ready to play.
Sight word games online free
Put the tiles road side down on the table or in a hat. Pick a random tile to start with and put it in the middle of your playing surface. This game can be played alone to work on sight word recognition or with a friend or 3. Have each player draw 5 pieces to start with to be their hand of road pieces.
Sight word games for kindergarten online
On their turn, students will attempt to add to the road by adding one of their tiles. There are some pieces that only feature one word and go out in 4 directions, some that have a word on each side. If a child can’t play, simply draw a tile and play passes to the next person. This is more a fun, silly cooperative game. Everyone wins because they get to practice kindergarten sight words while having fun making a silly road.
Some roads will be dead ends and that’s okay. If you want to play it more competitively you can have students who play a plus road tile get to play a second tile. Another option is to play by yourself and just put the road together as you read and play!
Sight word games online
To fully utlilize the activity for learning kindergarten sight words, I suggest students not only visually match the tiles but read the sight word aloud each time they are making a match. at the end, take a hotwheel car and drive it over and around the road. Make sure your child is reading all the sight words they pass along their roadtrip!
Fun sight word games for kindergarten online free
Cars Activities for Kids
- Crazy Roads Sight Word Games for Kindergarten, Crazy Road Sight Word Games for 1st Grade, and Preschool Sight Words
- Make a work of art with this outrageously fun painting with cars activity
Practice sight words with these super cute, CARS free printable sight word books pdf (Preschool-2nd Grade)
- Free Cars printable Book Log
Printable Cars Reward Charts
- 20 Printable Roadtrip Games
- Tracing Shapes activity driving hotwheels on the road
- Roadtrip Worksheets for learning a variety of skills
Cars Filefolder punctuation games (1st-2nd Grade)
- DIY Pool Noodle Race Track Activity for Kids
Kindergarten Sight Words
Looking for more fun, hands on kindergarten sight word worksheets, games, and activities? Check ideas these out:
- Free Sight Word BINGO
- Farm Printable Sight Word Games
- Pumpkin Sight Words Game
- Dinosaur Sight Words Activity
- Free Christmas Sight Word Worksheets
- Summer Mazes – Sight Word Worksheets
- Read! Trace! Write! – building sentences with sight words
- Rapunzel Sight Word Coloring Pages
- Arctic Animals Sight Words Game
- Sight Word Groundhog Day worksheets
- Free printable sight word books
- Color by Sight Word Christmas
- Thanksgiving sight word coloring pages
- Train Sightwordsgame
- Popcorn sight words printables
- Apple Sight Words Tree Activity
- Gingerbread Sight Word Coloring Sheets
- Color by Sight Word Spring Reader
- Easter Sight Words Maze Worksheets
- Peacock Kindergarten Sight Words Activity
- Crazy Roads – Kindergarten Sight Word games (or check out the Crazy Roads pre k sight words version)
- Flower Sight Word Maze Worksheets
- Ocean Sight Words Worksheet
- Kindergarten Sight Words Christmas Activity
- Candy Cane Sight Words Activity
- Winter Free Sight Word Worksheets
- plus lots more kindergarten sight words activities
- Kindergarten Reading the EASY Way – ways to master kindergarten sight words
- Free Printable Sight Words List
- Bug Sight Word Games
- Candyland Sight Words Game
- 50 Books for Kindergarten Book List – Books for Kindergarteners to read themselves
- Kindergarten Calendar Printable
- Days of the Week Worksheets
- Kindergarten Spelling Words – add a vowel practice
- Free Kindergarten spelling words Printable
- Hoppy Frog Math Game (addition within 10 and addition to 20)
- Goldfish Kindergarten Subtraction Games
- Roll to 100 Counting Game
- Flower Shape Kindergarten Math Crafts
- Kids will have fun as they color and learn with these Ordinal Number Worksheets
- Spring Kite Skip Counting Craft
- Pirate I Spy Worksheets
- Crack the Code Worksheet Pages for Kindergarten and first graders
- Playdough Subtraction Smash free printable math activity
- Dinosaur Theme Kindergaten Math Worksheets
- What Comes Next Kindergarten Math
- Free Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Short i cvc worksheets cut and paste pdf
- Short E CVC Words Booklet
- Crack the Code CVC Word Worksheets
- Short a CVC Word Book
- Crayon CVC Words Activity
- CVC Word Puzzles Free Printable
- Word Family Sliders Free – lots of styles to print in color or black and white
- Blowing Bubbles Word Family Activities
- Monster Match CVC Word Activity
- Free Printable Seasons Worksheets w/ Free 4 Season Printables
- Large Printable Weather Unit for kids
- Rain Cloud for Kids experiment and free worksheet
- Water Cycle for Kids Printable Book
- Lots of weather printables to help kids learn about weather terms while epracticing math and literacy skills
- Grab this free printable 5 senses preschool printables to explore the senses of sight, taste, sound, smell, and touch
- Human Body human body playdough mats – lots of choices to learn about various systems of the body including simple for preschoolers, skeletal system, organs, muscles, nerves, and more!
- EPIC, Life-size Human Body Project
- Amazing 5 Senses for kids lesson to explore with hands on activities, videos, books, and more!
- Try this Jelly Bean sense of taste activities for preschool experiment.
- All About Me Kindergarten (Expanding horizons social studies unit to teach kids about themselves, My Family, My Neighborhood, My Community Unit with lots of ideas & resources
- Where do I Live – free printable project and fun idea for explaining how you live in a house, on a block, in a city, in a state, etc.
- Free Community Helpers Coloring Pages – over 20 simple coloring pages exploring jobs
- Community Helpers Printables Wheel
- Handy Community Signs Worksheets
- HUGE Pack of Firefighter Worksheet to practice a variety of skills with kids 3-8
- Free Printable Community Helpers Matching Game
Online sight word games for kindergarten
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
Thank you for sharing so many amazing ideas! While I usually make all of my own games, there are times when my schedule just doesn’t permit it. I am grateful that your website came across my feed. YOU ROCK!!!