These Free Printable Community Signs Worksheets are a fun, hands on way for students to familiarize themselves with safety signs and their meanings. This practical, educational activity helps toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and first graders know what signs mean so they stay safe in their community.
These Free Printable Community Signs Worksheets are a fun, hands on way for students to familiarize themselves with safety signs and their meanings. In this pack are the followings signs for kids to learn: stop, yield, speed limit, traffic light, dead end, one way, no parking, crosswalk, rest area, do not enter, no u turn, and rail road crossing.
Learning about signs in the community help children not only function well in the world, but keep them safe too so they know what rules are their to protect and guide them.
The pages in this pack include a variety of activities for children to become familiar with common safety signs they will see all around them in the community. These free worksheets are perfect for toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and first grade students.
Free Printable Community Signs Worksheets
There are both black and white pages to help you save on printing ink costs as well as a page of colorful safety signs to make sure children know what the signs look like in their neighborhoods, city, and community.
Safety Signs Worksheets
Students will learn how safety signs for kids have meanings. Everything from the color, shape, and images help give clues to drivers and pedestrians of what the traffic sign, road sign, and community signs mean.
Children can practice tracing common shapes including: circle, diamond, triangle, square, pentagon, octagon and rectangle.
Next, students will cut and paste the safety signs onto the free printable safety signs worksheets. This will not only help them to begin understanding how similar signs have similar shapes, but is also great for strengthening fine motor skills as children practice using scissors, glue, and a pencil.
Free Printable Road Signs for Preschool
Next, children will learn about the traffic sign that tells cars and other vehicles when to stop, go, and slow down. Ask students what would happen without these signs. Hopefully they will understand that without these helpful guidance and rules – vehicles would crash into each other as no one would know who goes first and roads would be congested and filled with traffic and drivers try to figure out who should go first at major, busy intersections.
Use red, green, and yellow crayons or markers to color in the stop light. Make sure they follow directions to get them in the right spot. Have you ever noticed all the red lights are always in the same place?
Finally, laminate the traffic light, stop sign, and railroad crossing sign pages and cut out the figure. Use a hole punch to make wholes around the outside of the shape. Now, using a shoe lace or yarn, have students practice lacing the card. This not only allows kids to look at the sign a lot to gain fluency, but is great for strengthening coordination and dexterity of little fingers.
Free Community Safety Signs Worksheets
Next printable in the pack is a community signs worksheets free for teaching kids about the meaning of colors of signs. There is a brief description for parents and teachers to read to children. Then children can trace the color words with the correct colored pencil. You will need the following colors: red, black, yellow, orange, green, blue, brown, and pink.
This is a a great activity to dive deeper into understanding safety signs, but also good for practicing tracing letters, learning color words, and working on color recognition too!
Community Signs Worksheets
Finally, students will have a chance to put all of what they’ve learned together with the safety signs worksheets free. This street sign worksheets is a colorful image of a map. Children will cut and paste the signs out and then look at the neighborhood shown to figure out where they go.
The simple map includes roads, homes, park, school, community center, one way streets and a railroad track and crossing. This page is great for combining all they’ve learned into a practical application.
Teach Preschoolers about Traffic Signs
Community Helpers Activities
- Community Helpers Crafts, Activities, Projects, Science Activities, and more
- Free Community Helpers Coloring Pages – over 20 simple coloring pages exploring jobs
- Community Helpers Worksheets for Kids
- Printable Community Helper Writing Prompt Worksheets
- Doctor Pretend Play Printables
- Free Printables for Zoo Dramatic Play
- Community Helpers Printables Wheel
- Handy Community Signs Worksheets
- HUGE Pack of Firefighter Worksheet to practice a variety of skills with kids 3-8
- Free Printable Community Helpers Matching Game
- Doctor Worksheets for kids to learn about hospital workers while practicing math and literacy skills
- Hands-on Community Helpers STEM Activities
- See lots of community helpers preschool theme ideas
- Construction Activities and Printables for Kids
- Farm Activities and Printables for Kids
- Where do I Live – free printable project and fun idea for explaining how you live in a house, on a block, in a city, in a state, etc.
- All About Me Kindergarten (Expanding horizons social studies unit to teach kids about themselves, My Family, My Neighborhood, My Community Unit with lots of ideas & resources
- Lego All About Me Worksheet
More Community Activities kids will LOVE!
- Shape Road Mats
- Community Heroes Lego Challenge
- Road Construction Worksheets
- Construction Playdough Mats
- Crazy Roads Sight Word Game
- Epic Construction Slime
- Printable Road Trip Games
- Free Community Helper Coloring Pages
- Community Helpers Printable Wheel
Looking for more free printable worksheets to make learning fun for kids? Try these resources!
- Greater Than Less Than Peter Pan Printables
- Japan for Kids Printable Book
- FREE Printable Handwriting Paper
- Constellation Flashcards
- School Memory Book
- Indoor Scavenger Hunt
- Bug Sight Words Game
- Alphabet Worksheets for Preschoolers
Printable Safety Signs Pack
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!