Super cute, free printable ordinal numbers worksheet pack is perfect for teaching kids in pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and second grade students about position words such as 1st, 3rd, last, etc . I hope your children love coloring and with these free ordinal numbers worksheet activity! Simply download pdf file, print and color to teach students with a no prep free math worksheet for kids!
Ordinal Numbers Worksheet
Recently I was teaching my daughter about ordinal numbers and I found that this is not always a topic that is covered in great depth and can be confusing for many children. This important math concept helps children understand the distinction between a quantity and a positional number, so I created a fun set of Ordinal Numbers Coloring Pages for extra reinforcement. This free ordinal numbers worksheet pack is perfect for preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students. I hope your kids enjoy coloring the cute clipart as they complete the ordinal numbers worksheet educational activity!
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this ordinal numbers worksheet for kindergarten math activity for teaching children order words with free math printable perfect for extra practice, math center in your classroom, or supplement to your homeschool kindergarten math curriculum.
Free Ordinal Numbers Worksheet
What Are Ordinal Numbers?
- We all know what counting numbers are. They express a quantity and answer the question, “how many?”
- Ordinal numbers, on the other hand, express an object’s position, relative to other objects.
- For example, first (1st), second (2nd), third (3rd), etc.
As we seek to teach this distinction to our kids, it’s important to not only teach the difference between ordinal numbers and counting numbers, but also how to correctly write them.
Ordinal Numbers Coloring Worksheet
To help practice and reinforce this skill, I’ve created a simple set of ordinal numbers coloring pages, which you can download free at the end of this post.
This download includes 5 practice pages, and all you need to get started are some crayons (or markers or colored pencils).
The first 2 pages help kids practice finding the position depending on the starting position. In other words, find the 3rd object if starting from the left versus starting from the right.
Kids will have to first note which side to start with, then find the appropriate position.
Ordinal number worksheet
There are then 2 pages which ask kids to distinguish between an ordinal number versus a quantity. For instance, one problem might say, “Color the 3rd troll,” while the next might say, “Color 3 trolls.”
Ordinal Numbers Printable
There is then one last practice page to focus on these skills in a fun and low prep way. I hope this provides a fun and super easy way to work on ordinal numbers with your kids! For more fun, low prep math practice, don’t miss our 2000+ page of free math worksheets
Looking for more fun, FREE printable math worksheets and math games for kids of all ages? You will love these resources!
- Solve and Stamp Math Worksheets
- Ordinal Numbers Coloring Pages
- Color the Coins Money Worksheets
- Fingerprint Counting Worksheets
- Tic-Tac-Toe Addition Math Games
- Do-a-Dot Number Worksheets
- Lego Number Mats
- Lucky Leprechaun Factors Game
- Hundreds Chart Skip Counting 1-15
- Beauty and the Beast Color by Number
- Do-a-Dot Shape Worksheets
- Watermelon Counting Printable Book
- Shapes Emergent Reader
- Measument Hunt Math Challenge
- Insect Telling Time Puzzles
- Tic-Tac-Toe Clock Games
- Valentines Day Multiplication Game
- Fractions Board Game
- Pirate Place Value Game
- Order of Operations Pumpkin Puzzles
- Hungry Caterpillars Days of the Week Printable
- Telling Time Games
- Candy Corn Addition & Subtraction Puzzles
- Deck of Cards Multiplication Worksheets
- Coin Value Clip Cards
- Place Value Peanut Butter & Jelly
- Number Playdough Mats
- Skip Counting Mazes
Don’t miss all our free 2nd grade worksheets and our other printable worksheets for prek-12th grade students. We have math worksheets, english worksheets, history for kids, cool science experiments, and even fun activities for kids to go with every season and holiday throughout the year!
Ordinal Numbers Worksheets
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.