These handy ordinal numbers worksheet pack is perfect for teaching kids in pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders about position words such as 1st, 3rd, last, etc. You will love that the ordinal number worksheets include pictures for children to color the object in the specified place. This set of ordinal numbers worksheet for kindergarten is no-prep and ready to go. Simply print the ordinal numbers exercises pdf file and you are ready to go.
Ordinal Numbers Worksheet
Recently I was teaching my daughter about ordinal numbers and I found that this is not always a topic that is covered in great depth and can be confusing for many children. This important math concept helps children understand the distinction between a quantity and a positional number, so I created a fun set of Ordinal Numbers Coloring Pages for extra reinforcement. These free ordinal numbers worksheet set is perfect for preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students. There are 5 pages in this no-prep, ordinal numbers printable.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this ordinal numbers worksheets for kindergarten! Use the math activity for teaching children order words with free math printable perfect for extra practice, math center in your classroom, or supplement to your homeschool kindergarten math curriculum.
Ordinal Number Worksheets
What Are Ordinal Numbers?
- We all know what counting numbers are. They express a quantity and answer the question, “how many?”
- Ordinal numbers, on the other hand, express an object’s position, relative to other objects.
- For example, first (1st), second (2nd), third (3rd), etc.
As we seek to teach this distinction to our kids, it’s important to not only teach the difference between ordinal numbers and counting numbers, but also how to correctly write them.
Ordinal Numbers Exercises
To help practice and reinforce this skill, I’ve created a simple set of ordinal numbers worksheets, which you can print at the end of this post. This set includes 5 practice pages, and all you need to get started are some crayons (or markers or colored pencils).
- Bug Ordinal ordinal numbers worksheet for grade 1
- Troll ordinal number worksheet
- Monsters ordinal numbers worksheet grade 1
- Race Car Drivers ordinal number worksheets
- Amusement Park ordinal numbers kindergarten
The first 2 pages help kids practice finding the position depending on the starting position. In other words, find the 3rd object if starting from the left versus starting from the right. Kids will have to first note which side to start with, then find the appropriate position.
Ordinal Numbers Worksheet for Kindergarten
There are then 2 pages which ask kids to distinguish between an ordinal number versus a quantity. For instance, one problem might say, “Color the 3rd troll,” while the next might say, “Color 3 trolls.”
Ordinal numbers worksheet grade 1
There is then one last practice page to focus on these skills in a fun and low prep way. I hope this provides a fun and super easy way to work on ordinal numbers with your kids! For more fun, low prep math practice, don’t miss our 2000+ page of free math worksheets
Math Activities for Kindergarten
Looking for more early math activities to make learning to count, add, shapes, and more FUN? Check out these free resources:
- Hoppy Frog Math Game (addition within 10 and addition to 20)
- Goldfish Kindergarten Subtraction Games
- Blowing Bubble Math Worksheets
- Smores Free Kindergarten Math Worksheets
- LOTS of fun Money Games for Kids
- Hands-on Estimation for Kindergarten Activity
- Snowball Sorting Odd and Even Math Activities
- Bug Measuring Kindergarten Worksheets
- Roll to 100 Counting Game
- Flower Shape Kindergarten Math Crafts
- Kids will have fun as they color and learn with these Ordinal Number Worksheets
- Spring Kite Skip Counting Craft
- Pirate I Spy Worksheets
- Engaging, Reusable Kindergarten Math Worksheets pdf
Maths Worksheet for ukg
- Crack the Code Worksheet Pages for Kindergarten and first graders
- Insect Telling Time Puzzle to the hour and half hour
- Free Printable Coin Worksheets – color by coin
- Cute Skip Counting Puzzles – huge pack of free skip counting games
- Fun Hundreds Chart Battleship
- Geoboard Activities
- Watermelon Kindergarten Math Activities
- Months of the Year Activities – learning sequencing with craft sticks
- Tic-Tac-Toe Printable Addition Games
- Dinosaur Theme Kindergaten Math Worksheets
- What Comes Next Kindergarten Math
- Free Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Sandcastle Subtraction Craft – free printable math craft to solve, cut, and paste
- Playdough Subtraction Smash free printable math activity
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin your free homeschool? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE Printable Worksheets including resources for: pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, 2nd grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, 4th grade worksheets, 5th grade worksheets, 6th grade worksheets, and more. Plus see our history lessons for kids, hands-on countries for kids, printable math games, language arts worksheets, sight word worksheets, free alphabet printables, and cvc word activities for kids of all ages!
Free Ordinal Numbers Worksheet
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.