Teaching kids about famous artist Claude Monet with this fun Monet art projects. This easy-to-make tissue paper craft makes a beautiful Monet Art Project for Kids that will brighten up any room while helping to explore a famous artists for kids while having fun creating beautiful art, slowing down to appreciate the pretty things around us, and learning to express themselves too. This art projects for kids is perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students,
Monet for Kids
Monet is one of my favorite artists so I really enjoyed showing my children his works of art & learning about him together. This simple Monet art project is lots of fun to make and really helps capture this famous impressionist artworks style. He was worried less about how things looked exactly, and more about the basic feel – the impression the scene left on the viewer. He did several different scenes, but he particularly enjoyed painting his pond filled with lilies. In fact, Claud Money painted 250 water lily paintings! This water lily art project perfectly captures this famous French artist in a memorable way for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students.
This is just one of the many famous artists for kids projects we have made. Letting children create their own versions of famous art projects is a great way to help them learn about art history as well as how to express themselves. By doing art projects for kids inspired by artists that are not intended to replicate the actual painting children wont feel like they failed if it doesn’t look like the famous artists paintings which will allow them to learn, express themselves, and become confident artists too!
Monet Art for Kids
Monet Art Project for Kids
Monet made lots of pictures of his water garden in Giverny – the water & bridge, lily pads, etc.. So we decided to make our own Monet. We made our masterpiece on canvas (just like great artists!!) We tore up pieces of dark blue, light blue, light green, and light purple tissue paper.
Tissue Paper Art Projects
- canvase (any size you like, but we used a small one to save on money, space, and time)
- tissue paper in dark blue, light blue, green, purple, white, and pink
Monet Art Projects
Then we glued them (making sure to overlap them to get the Impressionistic look) to the canvas.
Art Projects for Kids
We then made lily pads by using a cup as a guide and cutting out a triangle from it. We then crumpled them up a little & glued them to our masterpiece. We made larger crumbled white flower with light pink glued in the center.
Art with Tissue Paper
The water lilies just pop off the page making a really cool effect in this famous artists art project. And it truly produces a beautiful water scene kids will be so proud of.
Claude Monet for Kids
Here is one of our finished masterpieces! I LOVE it! It looks very cool and true to what we were trying to achieve.
This tissue paper monet project is a must try whether you are looking for a fun art project for kids, learning about famous artists as part of your school or homeschool curriculum, or looking for a fun monet craft idea with your classical conversations co-op.
Famous artists for kids
We continue to use this wonderful program called Child-size Masterpieces to play a memory-type game with famous artwork. The program uses museum quality postcards of famous artwork. The kids match them up first with the exact same picture, then by artists, and eventually by genre. There are I believe 6 books and each adds to the complexity. By the time the kids finish they will be familiar not only with a variety of artwork, artists, and styles, but will be able to match artists to their artwork.
We completed the free printable Famous Artist Report Template to add to our notebook on the famous artists we have learned about.
Monet Books for Kids
We read good books, the start of any lesson for us! Some simply showed Monet’s work with a couple phrases, others were told like a story so the kids understood who Monet was, all of them were filled with beautiful impressionistic Monet art!
Grab our artist report to help kids write down what they learn about famous arists and add a picture of their art project to make a fun keepsake of their homeschool art appreciation class.
Famous artists for kids
Ready to learn about more famous artists with children? Check out these projects:
- Monet for kids project exploring impressionist artwork making a lovely water lily with tissue paper
- Or whip up this paint for a unique Claude Monet for Kids activity
- Seurat Melted Crayon Art Project – Pointillism for Kids
- Another fun way to explore Pointillism art for kids is with this simple q-tip and paint project
- Discover the paper cut technique with this Matisse for Kids project
- Make your own Van Gogh for Kids stary night project with playdough with this fun project
- 25 Fun Art Projects Based on Famous Artists
- Picasso for Kids art that explores his unique modern art style creating a one-of-a-kind portrait
- Or try this felt project to learn about Pablo Picasso for kids
- Jackson pollock for kids explores the fun, zany modern drip art technique in an outrageously fun art project for kids
- Easy Pointillism Project creating 4 Seasons Handart Project
- Learn about Medieval Art with this Giotto for Kids project
- This stunning project allows kids to explore famous artist Matisse for Kids
- Try your hand at Impressionism for Kids with this lovely bleeding tissue paper idea
- Explore the colorful boxes in this Paul Klee for Kids art project
- Make a lovely fall art project as you explore Kadinsky for Kids
- Explore Aztec Art for kids with this fun clay project
- Plus don’t miss our FREE Printable artist report to help kids remember what they’ve learned and keep a keepsake of all the fun projects you’ve made together!
- See all of our famous artists for kids art projects!
Crafts Ideas for Kids
- Paper Roll Bunny Craft
- 100 Amazing Zoo Animal Crafts
- These tin foil art projects are fun-to-make and so pretty!
- Folded Paper Elephant Craft Bookmark
- Painted Flower Craft Preschool
- Creative Pipe Cleaner Crafts kids will want to make
- Stunning Tissue Paper Rainbow Craft
- Bubble Wrap Painting Rain Craft
- Outrageously Cute Googly Eye Crafts
- Tissue Paper Butterfly Suncatcher Craft
- Star Wars Crafts that are from a galaxy far, far away
- Super cute Thing 1 and Thing 2 Craft
- Must-try Popsicle Stick Crafts
- Over 100 Fun Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super fun Spin Art Flower Craft for Kids
- This Monet art project for kids is a fun way to introduce famous artists for kids with a stunning project!
- Lovely Coffee Filter Crafts for kids
- Check out these toilet paper roll crafts
- Try these paper plate crafts for all occasions
- Clever Fall Crafts for Kids
- Silly Monster Crafts for kids of all ages
- Cute Handprint Alphabet Crafts from A to Z
- Letter Crafts sorted A-Z
- Learn your letters with these free printable alphabet crafts
Looking for more great content? We have over 1 million free printable worksheets conveniently arranged by subject or grade: super cute Pre k Worksheets, fun kindergarten worksheets, free 1st grade worksheets, handy 2nd grade worksheets, printable 3rd grade worksheets, and 4th grade worksheets
- Help kids learn their ABCs and work on letter recognition with these super cute A to Z Worksheet pages
- Over 2000 pages of free alphabet printables to find exactly what you are looking for!
- Huge pack of solar system worksheets
- Simple machines for kids projects, lesson plans, printables, and more!
- FREE Maps for kids including printable world map for kids, continent maps, and country maps too
- Handy Sight Words Printable list plus lots of sight word games, activities, and worksheets too!
- Learn about other countries around the world with our free country coloring pages
- We also have reading list like this 1st grade reading books pdf to help you pick engaging books for kids!
- Celebrate the letter of the week with these adorable, Free Alphabet Hats
- Make learning fun with these free cut and paste worksheets
- Plus don’t miss this outrageously fun Human Body Project
- We have lots of themed worksheets like these super cute Frozen preschool worksheets
- Color, Read and Learn your letters with this printable alphabet book pdf for each letter A to Z
- Make science FUN for kids of all ages with over 100 Food Experiments to try
- Teach kids to tell time with this huge pack of printable time puzzles
Plus don’t miss these popular posts from our sister sites:
- Shaped Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Lots of cute, themed Free Kindergarten Worksheets
- Bingo Dauber Printables
- Printable Lowercase letter alphabet crafts
- Printable Uppercase alphabet Letter Crafts
- Cute Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Letter Recognition Worksheets with do a do markers
- Lots of free ABC Printables for preschoolers
- Free Playdough Mats to work on shapes, numbers, colors, alphabet letters, and more!
- Uppercase Letter Tracing with animal alphabet mats
- Free Color Worksheets
- Simple, free alphabet worksheets