Teaching kids about famous artist Monet with this fun Monet art projects. This easy-to-make tissue paper craft makes a beautiful Monet Art Project for Kids that will brighten up any room while helping to explore a famous artists for kids while having fun creating beautiful art, slowing down to appreciate the pretty things around us, and learning to express themselves too. This art projects for kids is perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students.
Monet art projects
Monet is one of my favorite artists so I really enjoyed showing my children his works of art & learning about him together. This simple Monet art project is lots of fun to make and really helps capture this famous impressionist artworks style. He was worried less about how things looked exactly, and more about the basic feel – the impression the scene left on the viewer. He did several different scenes, but he particularly enjoyed painting his pond filled with lilies. In fact, Claud Money painted 250 water lily paintings! This water lily art project perfectly captures this famous French artist in a memorable way for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students.
This is just one of the many famous artists for kids projects we have made. Letting children create their own versions of famous art projects is a great way to help them learn about art history as well as how to express themselves. By doing art projects for kids inspired by artists that are not intended to replicate the actual painting children wont feel like they failed if it doesn’t look like the famous artists paintings which will allow them to learn, express themselves, and become confident artists too!
Monet Art for Kids
Monet Art Project for Kids
Monet made lots of pictures of his water garden in Giverny – the water & bridge, lily pads, etc.. So we decided to make our own Monet. We made our masterpiece on canvas (just like great artists!!) We tore up pieces of dark blue, light blue, light green, and light purple tissue paper.
- canvase (any size you like, but we used a small one to save on money, space, and time)
- tissue paper in dark blue, light blue, green, purple, white, and pink
Tissue Paper Craft for Kids
Then we glued them (making sure to overlap them to get the Impressionistic look) to the canvas.
We then made lily pads by using a cup as a guide and cutting out a triangle from it. We then crumpled them up a little & glued them to our masterpiece. We made larger crumbled white flower with light pink glued in the center.
Famous artists for kids
The water lilies just pop off the page making a really cool effect in this famous artists art project. And it truly produces a beautiful water scene kids will be so proud of.
Here is one of our finished masterpieces! I LOVE it! It looks very cool and true to what we were trying to achieve.
This tissue paper monet project is a must try whether you are looking for a fun art project for kids, learning about famous artists as part of your school or homeschool curriculum, or looking for a fun monet craft idea with your classical conversations co-op.
Famous artists for kids
We continue to use this wonderful program called Child-size Masterpieces to play a memory-type game with famous artwork. The program uses museum quality postcards of famous artwork. The kids match them up first with the exact same picture, then by artists, and eventually by genre. There are I believe 6 books and each adds to the complexity. By the time the kids finish they will be familiar not only with a variety of artwork, artists, and styles, but will be able to match artists to their artwork.
We completed the free printable Famous Artist Report Template to add to our notebook on the famous artists we have learned about.
Monet Books for Kids
We read good books, the start of any lesson for us! Some simply showed Monet’s work with a couple phrases, others were told like a story so the kids understood who Monet was, all of them were filled with beautiful impressionistic Monet art!
We have LOTS of other fun famous Artists for kids projects you won’t want to miss!
Looking for more great content? We have over 1 million free printable worksheets conveniently arranged by subject or grade: super cute Pre k Worksheets, fun kindergarten worksheets, free 1st grade worksheets, handy 2nd grade worksheets, printable 3rd grade worksheets, and 4th grade worksheets
- Help kids learn their ABCs and work on letter recognition with these super cute A to Z Worksheet pages
- Over 2000 pages of free alphabet printables to find exactly what you are looking for!
- Huge pack of solar system worksheets
- Simple machines for kids projects, lesson plans, printables, and more!
- FREE Maps for kids including printable world map for kids, continent maps, and country maps too
- Handy Sight Words Printable list plus lots of sight word games, activities, and worksheets too!
- Learn about other countries around the world with our free country coloring pages
- We also have reading list like this 1st grade reading books pdf to help you pick engaging books for kids!
- Celebrate the letter of the week with these adorable, Free Alphabet Hats
- Make learning fun with these free cut and paste worksheets
- Plus don’t miss this outrageously fun Human Body Project
- We have lots of themed worksheets like these super cute Frozen preschool worksheets
- Color, Read and Learn your letters with this printable alphabet book pdf for each letter A to Z
- Make science FUN for kids of all ages with over 100 Food Experiments to try
- Teach kids to tell time with this huge pack of printable time puzzles
Plus don’t miss these popular posts from our sister sites:
- Shaped Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Lots of cute, themed Free Kindergarten Worksheets
- Bingo Dauber Printables
- Printable Lowercase letter alphabet crafts
- Printable Uppercase alphabet Letter Crafts
- Cute Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Letter Recognition Worksheets with do a do markers
- Lots of free ABC Printables for preschoolers
- Free Playdough Mats to work on shapes, numbers, colors, alphabet letters, and more!
- Uppercase Letter Tracing with animal alphabet mats
- Free Color Worksheets
- Simple, free alphabet worksheets