Help kids practice building sentences with sentence scramble! The free printable sentence scramble worksheet pack allows kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders to practice building sentences one-word-at-a-time. Each of the Scrambled sentences worksheet cut and paste have a word with a capital letter and a word that ends with punctuation for children to unscramble. The Unscramble Sentences Worksheet pages include pre-primer and primer sight words to make it easy for children to read the words on the pages. Simply print Scrambled sentences worksheet cut and paste pdf file and you are ready to play and learn!
Sometimes it can be difficult for kids to figure out how to organize words in sentences. These fun, free printable sentence scramble worksheetsare a great way to help kids put sight word sentences in order. This sentence scramble activity is intended for kindergarteners and grade 1 students. The sentence scramble uses mostly the pre-primer and primer sight words so that kids will be able to comfortably read the words while at the same time getting additional practice with sight words. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love the extra practice this sentence unscramble worksheet gives students.
Sentence Scramble worksheet
Sentence Scramble Activity
For this fun, low-prep language arts activity you will need:
- Free unscramble sentences worksheets (grab file at bottom of post)
- pencils or markers
In this 11 page pack there are 21 sentences for students to put together. Simply print the 7 pages of sentence worksheets. Then print the 4 pages of words (divided up by sentence number).
Scrambled sentences worksheet
Cut the word boxes into trips to match to the sentence number on the worksheets.
HINT: If you are using this more than once, like in a literacy center, write the sentence each word goes to. Then laminate the word sheets.
Scrambled sentences worksheet cut and paste
Cut apart each word by cutting on the dotted lines. Students can do the cutting apart or the teacher can to make it more challenging. But make sure to keep the piles seperate so students will know what words go together in which sentence.
Unscramble Sentences Worksheet
Use glue to paste the words in the boxes to make a proper sentence. Then write the sentence on the ruled line below.
Sentence scramble worksheets
Don’t forget to start with a capital letter and end with the correct punctuation mark.
Scrambled sentences worksheet
There are 3 sentences for kids to unscramble per page and 6 pages for kids to practice with. Most of the words used are Dolch sight words that kids should have lots of practice.
This is such a simple, but fun and effective way for kids to practice writing sentences while working on fine motor skills too.
Sunscramble sentences worksheet grade 1
We like to use colored markers to make it extra fun. You can also use that as a code on teh back of the words to make sure students can easily see what colors belong with what sentence to unscramble.
Sentence unscramble worksheet
This is a cut and paste sentences fun way for kids to practice building sentences. Cut out he
- Cut & paste the words into a sentence (5-7 words per sentence)
- Write the sentence on the following line
- Reminder for kids to use a capital letter at the beginning, space between each word, and a punctuation at the end
Sentence Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun ways for kids to learn to write a sentence. Try these:
- Pizza Parlor Sentence Building Games
- Trace and Write Sentences with primer sight words Worksheets
- Hands-on Build a Sentence with Lego
- Building pre primer sight word sentences Worksheets
- Fun, Silly Sentences Activity
- S’mores Complete Sentences Game
- Fun Mystery Code Sentences
- Farm Cut and Paste Sentence Worksheets
Worksheets for Grade 1
If you have a 1st grader and you are looking for more fun, hands on 1st grade Worksheets, games and activities to make learning fun – you will love these resources!
- 100 Books 1st Graders can Read Themselves with free 1st grade reading books pdf free
- Fun-to-Read Chapter Books for 1st Graders
- Free Printable 1st Grade Book Report template
- Kid favorite, FREE Cut and Paste Worksheets for a variety of subjects!
- Sight Words Printable List
- First Grade Word Search
- Phonics Dab the th worksheets
- sh, ch, th word Digraph Games
- Ending Blends Worksheets with do a dot markers
- Cut and Paste L Blends Worksheets
- LOTS more free printable phonics worksheets and games
Free printable worksheets for 1st grade
Looking for even more grade 1 worksheets to review skills while having fun? Check out these resources:
- 1st Grade Reading Games – Reading the Easy Way 1st Grade
- Fun, hands-on Counting Coins Games
- Over 500 pages of Kindergarten Writing Prompts Free
- Sentence Scramble Worksheets
- Princess Color by Sight Word Worksheets
- Time Puzzles make learning to use a clock FUN
- Gumball Math Worksheets to practice addition & subtraction
- Crack the Code Worksheets for practicing math while having fun
- Bingo Shapes Game
- Color the Coin Money Coloring Pages
- Addition and Subtraction Math Mystery
- Printable Addition Tic-Tac-Toe Game
- Free Hundreds Tens and Ones Worksheets
- Free printable 1st grade math worksheets
1st Grade Science
Dive into some outrageousl fun science with our hands-on experiments and first grade worksheets
- Solar System Worksheets Pack
- Life-size Human Body Project with free printable template
- EASY Lemon Battery Experiment
- 12 Hands-on Battery Experiment Ideas for Kids
- Mind-blowing Magnetic Slime for Kids
- Magnet experiments for Kids
- Balloon Solid, liquid, gas hands-on activities plus other projects
- Phases of the Moon for Kids – worksheets, activities, Oreo moon phases, and more
- Weather Unit with worksheets and hands-on weather activities for kids
- Learn the planet names with this Solar System for Kids Lesson plus tons of other Solar System Project Ideas
Grade 1 Science
Plus don’t miss these worksheets for grade 1
- Learn about Animal Classifications for Kids with these free printable cootie catchers
- Lots of 1st Grade Science Projects
- HUGE Ocean Animals for Kids Unit
- Dive into the amazing world of botany with this plants for kids lessons
- Learn about LOTS of life cycles for kids (panda, spider, watermelon, bee, sunflower, spider, and more!)
- TONS of fun Human Body for Kids activities, expeirments, and free printables too!
- Free Scientific Method Worksheets
Free first grade worksheets
Help children learn about the great country of the United States with these free printables. Plus don’t miss all our fun, free, and immersive history lessons for kids and our other worksheet for grade 1
- Printable USA Presidents Coloring Pages
- Cute, Free Printable State Coloring Pages
- Free Printable States and Capitals Matching Game
- Free Presidents Worksheets – Learn about all the American presidents
- US States I Spy Worksheets
- Help kids understand where do I live with this clever printable activity
- Learn about American symbols with these Patriotic American Symbols for Kids
- How much do you know about USA for Kids? Color the flag, look at a map, discover famous landmarks like the statue of liberty,and more!
- American Symbols Worksheets
- Explore American History for kids including lots of fun, hands on activities and free printables
- 4 week lesson about Early Explorers for Kids
- The Colonial America for Kids lesson takes kids on a journey back to the first permanent settlement in America – Jamestown. Students will learn about colonial life with lots of hands on projects like eating Gruel, making a Wattle & Daub house, and creating a tin lantern will make the settlement come alive.
- We will make westward expansion for kids come alive for kids as they learn facts about the time period from about 1783-1898. In addition to learning about the Oregon trail, pony express, gold rush, transcontinental railroad, students will also learn to match animal trails, map the united states, and learn about North American animals too.
- Pennant History Posters to see US History At-a-Glance
- Learn about the Roaring 1920s for Kids – Printable Book to Read, Color, and Learn
- Rosa Parks for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Martin Luther King Jr for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Free Printable Maps including world map, continents, and country maps with and without labeling
- Ready to dive more in depth? Check out Country Study for Kids – look at 16 countries around the world up close
- Use Lego to explore famous landmarks in countries for kids
- Research and learn with these free Children around the World Worksheets
- Roll into Geography – Printable Geography Games
- You can find all our FREE printable country coloring pages covering over 36 different nations – or jump right to Spain Coloring Pages, China Coloring Pages, Italy Coloring Pages, Chile Coloring Pages, Germany Coloring Pages, and Costa Rica Coloring Pages
- Over 1+ million pages of Free Printable Worksheets
Sentence scramble worksheet pdf
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!