Give kids the practice they need telling time with this fun, free printable telling time game! These telling time puzzle are such a fun math activity for for kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students.
One of the most important math skills kids learn in the elementary years is telling time. They need to learn not only how to tell time, but also how to solve more advanced problems involving time. It often seems, however, that my daughter needs a lot of practice and review. To help her practice telling time to the hour and half hour, I created this fun, hands on clock game for kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students. These time puzzles are the perfect math activity for sneaking in some math practice!
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this clock game for helping kids practice telling time to the half hour and hour. Use this as extra practice as you school at home, at a math center in your classroom, or as a supplement to your homeschool math curriculum.
I suggest using a laminator for durability and then cut out the puzzle pieces. Then you can give them to your kids to put together! I hope you find these puzzles to be a fun and simple way for kids to practice telling time! And if you need more practice, try this fun Spring-themed set of time practice pages! You can store the math puzzles in a ziplock bag so you are ready to practice again and again to gaim math fluency.
Time puzzle game
This telling time practice allows you to make practicing a more regular part of your routine and we all know that practice makes perfect! This free printable clock games allows children to practice anytime. I like that it’s an activity that she can work on independently. Once she’s finished matching the puzzle pieces, I can check to see if she matched them correctly.
Telling time puzzles
Having to find matching pieces also helps her self check because if she mixes up the hour or the minutes and doesn’t see that answer as an option, she knows she’s done something wrong.
I would encourage your kids to sometimes look at the analog clocks and find the appropriate match, and other times to use the digital display and find the matching clock.
That way they get used to telling time both ways.
Telling Time Game
Included in this set are 24 puzzles. One part of the two piece clock puzzles shows the analog clock and other shows the digital time.
- 12 puzzle pieces practice time to the hour and half hour
- 12 pieces show 15 minutes past and 15 minutes to the hour.
Telling the time puzzle
- Grab these free telling time worksheets – these clever telling time mazes are a fun way for kids to practice!
- 26 Telling Time Games & Activities
- These adorable Insect Telling Time Puzzles are a fun telling time activity for kids learning to read a clock
- Kids will have fun practing reading a clock with this free printable, Telling Time Game Tic Tac Toe
- Printable Telling Time Puzzles
- Time Bump Clock Game
- Color My Space Telling Time Worksheets Kindergarten
Worksheets for Grade 1
If you have a 1st grader and you are looking for more fun, hands on 1st grade Worksheets, games and activities to make learning fun – you will love these resources!
- 100 Books 1st Graders can Read Themselves with free 1st grade reading books pdf free
- Fun-to-Read Chapter Books for 1st Graders
- Free Printable 1st Grade Book Report template
- Kid favorite, FREE Cut and Paste Worksheets for a variety of subjects!
- Sight Words Printable List
- First Grade Word Search
- Phonics Dab the th worksheets
- sh, ch, th word Digraph Games
- Ending Blends Worksheets with do a dot markers
- Cut and Paste L Blends Worksheets
- LOTS more free printable phonics worksheets and games
Free printable worksheets for 1st grade
Looking for even more grade 1 worksheets to review skills while having fun? Check out these resources:
- 1st Grade Reading Games – Reading the Easy Way 1st Grade
- Fun, hands-on Counting Coins Games
- Over 500 pages of Kindergarten Writing Prompts Free
- Sentence Scramble Worksheets
- Princess Color by Sight Word Worksheets
- Time Puzzles make learning to use a clock FUN
- Gumball Math Worksheets to practice addition & subtraction
- Crack the Code Worksheets for practicing math while having fun
- Bingo Shapes Game
- Color the Coin Money Coloring Pages
- Addition and Subtraction Math Mystery
- Printable Addition Tic-Tac-Toe Game
- Free Hundreds Tens and Ones Worksheets
- Free printable 1st grade math worksheets
1st Grade Science
Dive into some outrageousl fun science with our hands-on experiments and first grade worksheets
- Solar System Worksheets Pack
- Life-size Human Body Project with free printable template
- EASY Lemon Battery Experiment
- 12 Hands-on Battery Experiment Ideas for Kids
- Mind-blowing Magnetic Slime for Kids
- Magnet experiments for Kids
- Balloon Solid, liquid, gas hands-on activities plus other projects
- Phases of the Moon for Kids – worksheets, activities, Oreo moon phases, and more
- Weather Unit with worksheets and hands-on weather activities for kids
- Learn the planet names with this Solar System for Kids Lesson plus tons of other Solar System Project Ideas
Grade 1 Science
Plus don’t miss these worksheets for grade 1
- Learn about Animal Classifications for Kids with these free printable cootie catchers
- Lots of 1st Grade Science Projects
- HUGE Ocean Animals for Kids Unit
- Dive into the amazing world of botany with this plants for kids lessons
- Learn about LOTS of life cycles for kids (panda, spider, watermelon, bee, sunflower, spider, and more!)
- TONS of fun Human Body for Kids activities, expeirments, and free printables too!
- Free Scientific Method Worksheets
Free first grade worksheets
Help children learn about the great country of the United States with these free printables. Plus don’t miss all our fun, free, and immersive history lessons for kids and our other worksheet for grade 1
- Printable USA Presidents Coloring Pages
- Cute, Free Printable State Coloring Pages
- Free Printable States and Capitals Matching Game
- Free Presidents Worksheets – Learn about all the American presidents
- US States I Spy Worksheets
- Help kids understand where do I live with this clever printable activity
- Learn about American symbols with these Patriotic American Symbols for Kids
- How much do you know about USA for Kids? Color the flag, look at a map, discover famous landmarks like the statue of liberty,and more!
- American Symbols Worksheets
- Explore American History for kids including lots of fun, hands on activities and free printables
- 4 week lesson about Early Explorers for Kids
- The Colonial America for Kids lesson takes kids on a journey back to the first permanent settlement in America – Jamestown. Students will learn about colonial life with lots of hands on projects like eating Gruel, making a Wattle & Daub house, and creating a tin lantern will make the settlement come alive.
- We will make westward expansion for kids come alive for kids as they learn facts about the time period from about 1783-1898. In addition to learning about the Oregon trail, pony express, gold rush, transcontinental railroad, students will also learn to match animal trails, map the united states, and learn about North American animals too.
- Pennant History Posters to see US History At-a-Glance
- Learn about the Roaring 1920s for Kids – Printable Book to Read, Color, and Learn
- Rosa Parks for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Martin Luther King Jr for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Free Printable Maps including world map, continents, and country maps with and without labeling
- Ready to dive more in depth? Check out Country Study for Kids – look at 16 countries around the world up close
- Use Lego to explore famous landmarks in countries for kids
- Research and learn with these free Children around the World Worksheets
- Roll into Geography – Printable Geography Games
- You can find all our FREE printable country coloring pages covering over 36 different nations – or jump right to Spain Coloring Pages, China Coloring Pages, Italy Coloring Pages, Chile Coloring Pages, Germany Coloring Pages, and Costa Rica Coloring Pages
- Over 1+ million pages of Free Printable Worksheets
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin your free homeschool? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE Printable Worksheets including resources for: pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, 2nd grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, 4th grade worksheets, 5th grade worksheets, 6th grade worksheets, and more. Plus see our history lessons for kids, printable math games, language arts worksheets, sight word worksheets, free alphabet printables, and cvc word activities for kids of all ages!
Before you use the resource, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.