Give kids the practice they need telling time with this fun, free printable telling time game! These telling time puzzle are such a fun math activity for for kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students.
One of the most important math skills kids learn in the elementary years is telling time. They need to learn not only how to tell time, but also how to solve more advanced problems involving time. It often seems, however, that my daughter needs a lot of practice and review. To help her practice telling time to the hour and half hour, I created this fun, hands on clock game for kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students. These time puzzles are the perfect math activity for sneaking in some math practice!
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this clock game for helping kids practice telling time to the half hour and hour. Use this as extra practice as you school at home, at a math center in your classroom, or as a supplement to your homeschool math curriculum.
Telling Time Puzzles
I suggest using a laminator for durability and then cut out the puzzle pieces. Then you can give them to your kids to put together! I hope you find these puzzles to be a fun and simple way for kids to practice telling time! And if you need more practice, try this fun Spring-themed set of time practice pages! You can store the math puzzles in a ziplock bag so you are ready to practice again and again to gaim math fluency.
Telling Time Activity
This telling time practice allows you to make practicing a more regular part of your routine and we all know that practice makes perfect! This free printable clock games allows children to practice anytime. I like that it’s an activity that she can work on independently. Once she’s finished matching the puzzle pieces, I can check to see if she matched them correctly.
Telling Time Games
Having to find matching pieces also helps her self check because if she mixes up the hour or the minutes and doesn’t see that answer as an option, she knows she’s done something wrong.
I would encourage your kids to sometimes look at the analog clocks and find the appropriate match, and other times to use the digital display and find the matching clock.
That way they get used to telling time both ways.
Telling Game for Kids
Included in this set are 24 puzzles. One part of the two piece clock puzzles shows the analog clock and other shows the digital time.
- 12 puzzle pieces practice time to the hour and half hour
- 12 pieces show 15 minutes past and 15 minutes to the hour.
Free Telling Time Activities for Kids
- Grab these free telling time worksheets – these clever telling time mazes are a fun way for kids to practice!
- 26 Telling Time Games & Activities
- These adorable Insect Telling Time Puzzles are a fun telling time activity for kids learning to read a clock
- Kids will have fun practing reading a clock with this free printable, Telling Time Game Tic Tac Toe
- Printable Telling Time Puzzles
- Time Bump Clock Game
First Grade Printables
If you have a 1st grader and you are looking for more fun, hands on grade 1 worksheets, games and activities to make learning fun – you will love these resources!
- Over 5000+ pages of 1st grade Worksheets
- 100 Books 1st Graders can Read Themselves with free 1st grade reading books pdf
- Chapter Books for 1st Graders
- 1st Grade Book Report Template
- Free Cut and Paste Worksheets
- Solar System Worksheets Pack
- Printable Sight Words List
- First Grade Word Search Printable
- Free printable 1st grade math worksheets
- Gumball Math Worksheets to practice addition & subtraction
- Life-size Human Body Project with free printable template
- 1st Grade Reading Games – Reading the Easy Way 1st Grade
- Fun, hands-on Counting Coins Games
- Over 500 pages of Kindergarten Writing Prompts Free
- Sentence Scramble Worksheets
- Princess Color by Sight Word Worksheets
- Time Puzzles make learning to use a clock FUN
- HUGE Ocean Animals for Kids Unit
- Discover 16 Countries for Kids
- Crack the Code Worksheets for practicing math while having fun
- Learn about Animal Classifications for Kids with these free printable cootie catchers
- Fun, hands-on History Lessons for kids
- Lots of 1st Grade Science Projects
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin your free homeschool? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE Printable Worksheets including resources for: pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, 2nd grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, 4th grade worksheets, 5th grade worksheets, 6th grade worksheets, and more. Plus see our history lessons for kids, printable math games, language arts worksheets, sight word worksheets, free alphabet printables, and cvc word activities for kids of all ages!
Before you use the resource, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.