Some of my favorite memories as a kid was playing outside in the summer chasing frogs and catching insects. Tap into your students’ love for the outdoors while learning with a telling the time games using these fun insect printables for kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders. This telling the time activity is a fun way to teach your students about learning to tell the time! Simply download pdf file with telling time puzzles and you are ready to play and learn with this time puzzle game.
Telling Time Puzzles
Telling Time Game
This clock games for kids includes 24 puzzles, covering time to the hour and half hour. Each puzzle has two pieces. One piece has a jar and a clock and the other puzzle piece has a bug and the time written out.
Time Games for Kids
It is recommended that you print these time games for kids on cardstock or laminate prior to use. This will allow you to reuse this printable year after year! Next cut out each puzzle. I always find it easiest to use a paper cutter to cut out all 24 puzzles first and then go back and cut the puzzles out with scissors.
Telling the time puzzle
To start this clock puzzles activity by placing all of the puzzles pieces on the floor or table. A student will first choose any piece they want. This student chose a clock face that showed 3:00.
Note: Telling time to the hour is a skill children should work on as part of Kindergarten math. This printable turns it into a fun, kindergarten math activity or math game!
Learning to tell the time
Next, the student sorted through all of the puzzle pieces looking for the “3:00” puzzle.
As they complete each puzzle, they will set it to the side so that they have enough room to complete the remaining puzzles
Teaching telling time
First Graders will work on matching not only the clocks to the hour, but also telling time to the half hour. This math activity for 1st graders is the perfect addition to any grade 1 math . Students will continue to follow these steps until all puzzles are complete!
If you think that your students would be overwhelmed with all 48 puzzle pieces at once, start small. You can give them only time to the hour first or provide them with only a handful of the puzzle pieces. As they master those, you can slowly add in more.
Looking for more fun, hands on activies and FREE printable insect activities to make learning fun? You will love these resources!
- I Spy Bugs – free printable coloring page
- Ooooh my! This spider slime recipe is creepy and SO FUN!
- Bug Sights Words Game
- Insect Counting Mats
- Kids will have fun practicing math with this Ladybug Addition Math Game
- Bugs Theme with tons of ideas for teaching elementary age kids math, science, english, art, and more!
- Count to 10 Bug Emergent Reader
- Count to 20 Bug Counting Board Game
- Measuring Bugs
- Peek-a-Bug Alphabet Game
These bug printables are sure to get kids excited to learn along side these creepy, crawly bug activities for kids!
- Kids will have fun practicing counting with these ADORABLE Spider Counting Playdough Mats
- Practice sorting shapes with this fun Spider Shape Activity
- Ants Activities for Kids
- Life Cycle of an Ant Worksheets
- Insect Worksheets
- I is for Insect
- Bugs I Spy Printable is great for visual discrimination and loads of fun too!
- Bug Sight Word Reader (cut & paste)
Telling Time Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun, free, and hands on activities for teaching kids to tell time? You will love these resources!
- You will love this fun, engaging Free Printable Telling Time Games Tic-Tac-Toe
- Clock Maze Challenge Telling Time Games Printable
- Super cute insect Telling Time Puzzles
- Telling Time Puzzles – make practicing using a clock a game for young learners with this telling time game
- Telling Time Game BUMP!
- Clever Snowman Telling Time Activities
- Hands-on Hickory Dickory Clock Game
- 26 Fun Telling Time Activities Games
Did you know we have over 1 million pages of free printable worksheets for kids – including math activities for preschoolers, kindergarten math, first grade math, 2nd grade math and alphabet worksheeets to help make learning FUN. Plus find our history lessons and amazing easy science experiments for kids
Prefer to just look at our math games by grade level? You’ll love this post!
Download Insect Telling Time Puzzles
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.