Some of my favorite memories as a kid was playing outside in the summer chasing frogs and catching insects. Tap into your students’ love for the outdoors while learning with a telling the time games using these fun insect printables for kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders. This telling the time activity is a fun way to teach your students about learning to tell the time! Simply print pdf file with telling time puzzles and you are ready to play and learn with this time puzzle game.
Telling Time Puzzles
Telling Time Game
This clock games for kids includes 24 puzzles, covering time to the hour and half hour. Each puzzle has two pieces. One piece has a jar and a clock and the other puzzle piece has a bug and the time written out.
Time Games for Kids
It is recommended that you print these time games for kids on cardstock or laminate prior to use. This will allow you to reuse this printable year after year! Next cut out each puzzle. I always find it easiest to use a paper cutter to cut out all 24 puzzles first and then go back and cut the puzzles out with scissors.
Telling the time puzzle
To start this clock puzzles activity by placing all of the puzzles pieces on the floor or table. A student will first choose any piece they want. This student chose a clock face that showed 3:00.
Note: Telling time to the hour is a skill children should work on as part of Kindergarten math. This printable turns it into a fun, kindergarten math activity or math game!
Learning to tell the time
Next, the student sorted through all of the puzzle pieces looking for the “3:00” puzzle.
As they complete each puzzle, they will set it to the side so that they have enough room to complete the remaining puzzles
Teaching telling time
First Graders will work on matching not only the clocks to the hour, but also telling time to the half hour. This math activity for 1st graders is the perfect addition to any grade 1 math . Students will continue to follow these steps until all puzzles are complete!
If you think that your students would be overwhelmed with all 48 puzzle pieces at once, start small. You can give them only time to the hour first or provide them with only a handful of the puzzle pieces. As they master those, you can slowly add in more.
Insect activities for preschoolers
If are looking for more bug activities for preschoolers, toddlers, and kindergartners – including lots of free insect printables, you will love these FREE resources:
- Peek-a-Bug Insect Alphabet Printable – four abc games to help kids learn their ABCs, match upper and lowercase letters, and more!
- Ladybug Ladybug Activities for Preschoolers activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Bug Free printable sight word games is a simple-to-play way to practice sight words with preschool, kindergarten, and first grade students
- I is for Inchworm insect activities including a worm observation book
- Stamped Potato Bee Craft for spring
- Cute Spider Name Craft
- Firefly Preschool Counting Worksheets
- Gummy Worm Edible Slime
- Fun, hands-on Spiders Activities for Preschoolers Activities
- Quick-and-Easy Spider Slime
- All About Earthworm Life Cycle Worksheets
- Insect Printables for Preschoolers 1-10 Coloring Book for preschoolers
- Ladybug Life Cycle Worksheet Pages
- Bug color by blend worksheet – Coloring by Blends
- Free printable Life Cycle of a Spider for Kids worksheets
- Ladybug Life cycle for Kids worksheets
- Life Cycle of a Mosquito Printables
- Free Bee Counting Game
- Lots of fun, hands-on learning ideas in this Free Insect Activities for Preschoolers
- Bee and Insect Theme Preschool
- SUPER cute Spider math activities for preschoolers with Playdough Mats
- Fun, Insect Telling Time Puzzles
- Catch 20 Bug Counting Activity for Pre-k and Kindergarten
- Ladybug Addition Math Game for Kindergartners and Grade 1 students
- Bug free printable sight word books pdf – children will cut and paste sentences, color the insect coloring pages, and practice reading sight words
- Free Printable, Simple Bug Coloring Pages for kids
- Shape Spider Worksheets Preschool and Kindergarten
- Insect Worksheets to learn about lots of different bugs in our world
- Practice Letters A-Z with these Free Insect Printables
Insect Printables for Kids
- Learn all about ants with these creative ant activities for preschoolers
- Bug Math Worksheets for pre-k and kindergarten students
- Cute Bug Counting Bugs Worksheet
- Measuring Lines of Bugs Preschool Measurement Worksheets
- Count and Clip Bugs Counting to 30 Worksheets
- Buzzing Bees Numbers 1-12 Worksheets
- I Spy Printables pdf – bug activity sheets
- Bee CVC Words Activity for Kids
- Bug Themed Find the letter worksheets pdf
- FUN Backyard Critter Bug Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Ladybug Counting Mats
- Silly Worm Count to 10 Sticker Worksheets
- Free Printable Insect Mini Book to learn about bug life cycles
- Hands-on Spider Shape Activities for Preschoolers
- Free, Educational Insect Coloring Pages pdf for kids
- Help children work on spelling their name with these insect free printable name recognition activities
- Plus don’t miss these fun-to-read bug books for preschool
Telling Time Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun, free, and hands on activities for teaching kids to tell time? You will love these resources!
- You will love this fun, engaging Free Printable Telling Time Games Tic-Tac-Toe
- Clock Maze Challenge Telling Time Games Printable
- Super cute insect Telling Time Puzzles
- Telling Time Puzzles – make practicing using a clock a game for young learners with this telling time game
- Telling Time Game BUMP!
- Clever Snowman Telling Time Activities
- Hands-on Hickory Dickory Clock Game
- 26 Fun Telling Time Activities Games
- Color My Space Telling Time Worksheets Kindergarten
Did you know we have over 1 million pages of free printable worksheets for kids – including math activities for preschoolers, kindergarten math, first grade math, 2nd grade math and alphabet worksheeets to help make learning FUN. Plus find our history lessons and amazing easy science experiments for kids
Prefer to just look at our math games by grade level? You’ll love this post!
Insect Telling Time Puzzles
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All materials provided on this blog is copyright protected.