Help the bee get to the hive in this bee counting. This bee counting activity usese a bee worksheet and yellow pompoms for an engaging, hands-on bee math for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders too! Practice counting to 10, counting 11-20, skip counting by 2, skip counting by 5, and skip counting by 10. This fun, spring activities for kindergarten is not only fun, but great for working on number recognition! Simply download pdf file with bee printables and you are ready to play and learn with a bee activity for kids.
Learning about bees, counting or perhaps both? Then this is for you! Counting exercises can become boring to a student. Make it exciting by using different ways of counting like this bee counting idea using our free printables! PLUS, sneak in fine motor exercise too!
Bee Counting Activity
Use pom poms, or any other small objects, together with a tweezer for extra fine motor practice. Count from 1 to 10, placing a pompom over the numbers as you count. Count until you reach the beehive! Placing the pom pom on the numbers develops number recognition while counting. It is important that the realization of correlation between the number and it’s symbol is established.
Another option is to laminate the sheets and use a dry-erase marker to follow the number as you count until you reach the hive! This is then reusable too!
Bee Activity for Kids
These free printable math activities have several options making it good math practice for preschool, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students. There are 5 printable sheets:
- count from 1-10
- count from 10-20
- count by 2s
- count by 5s
- count by 10s
This bee counting activity can easily be an independent activity for a Math center in a class or morning work in a homeschool setup.
Skip Counting Printable
A fun counting activity that is perfect for a Spring/bee theme or unit AND great for different ages and abilities of students! Grab your free copies now!
Bee Activities for Kids
- Bee Counting Game
- National Honey Bee Day Activities for August 17th
- B is for Bee Handprint art
- Sorting letters with curves and no curves Bee Activity for Preschoolers
- Bee Number 1-12 Worksheets
- Sorinting bees – Bee Printable Visual Discrimination
- Ten Frame Bee Math
- Bee Theme for Preschoolers
- Rhyming Match Beehive Jive
- Potato Stamped Bumble Bee Craft
- Beatitudes Bee Craft and activity
- Letter B Printable Weekly Theme for Preschoolers
- Cute Honeycomb Craft
FREE Skip Counting Printables
Looking for more fun skip counting activities to make learning to skip count fun? Check out these fun and FREE resources!
- Printable Skip Counting Paths
- Free Skip Counting Worksheets – follow the path
- Polar Animals Skip Counting Worksheets
- Fun Skip Counting Mazes
- Craft Stick Skip Counting Activity
- Hands-on Skip Counting Puzzles
- Reusable Skip Counting Write & Wipe
- Under the Sea Skip Counting Dot to Dot
- Free Skip Counting Visuals
- Christmas Skip Counting Printable
- Cute Skip Counting Activity – Lacing Plates
- Free Printable Skip Counting Posters – fantastic visual for elementary age students
- Printable Kite Skip Counting Craft
Insect activities for preschoolers
If are looking for more bug activities for preschoolers, toddlers, and kindergartners – including lots of free insect printables, you will love these FREE resources:
- Peek-a-Bug Alphabet Games – four abc games to help kids learn their ABCs, match upper and lowercase letters, and more!
- Ladybug Alphabet Matching activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Bug Sight Word Game is a simple-to-play way to practice sight words with preschool, kindergarten, and first grade students
- I is for Inchworm insect activities including a worm observation book
- Potato Stamped Bee Craft for Kids
- FUN Spider Slime Recipe
- Fun, hands-on Spiders for Kids Activities
- All About Worm Worksheets
- Counting Bugs 1-10 Coloring Book for preschoolers
- Ladybug Life Cycle Worksheet Pages
- Learn all about ants with these creative ant activities for kids
- Cute Bug Number Worksheets
- Measuring Lines of Bugs Preschool Measurement Worksheets
- Count and Clip Bugs Counting to 30 Worksheets
- Buzzing Bees Numbers 1-12 Worksheets
- Free Spider LIfe of a Spider for Kids
- Bee Preschool Counting Game
- Lots of fun, hands-on learning ideas in this Bug THeme
- Bee and Insect Theme for Preschoolers
- SUPER cute Spider Counting Activity with Playdough Mats
- Fun, Insect Telling Time Puzzle
- Catch 20 Bug Counting Game for Pre-k and Kindergarten
- Ladybug Addition Math Game for Kindergartners and Grade 1 students
- Bug Sight Word Reader – children will cut and paste sentences, color the insect coloring pages, and practice reading sight words
- Free Printable, Simple Bug Coloring Pages for kids
- Practice Letters A-Z with these Free Printable Insect WorksheetsI Spy Bugs
- Activity Sheets
- Bug Themed Alphabet FInd and Color
- FUN Backyard Critter Bug Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Ladybug Counting Mats
- Silly Worm Count to 10 with stickers
- Hands-on Spider Shape Matching Activity
Download Bee Counting Activity
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!