Are your kids still as crazy about slime recipes as mine are? You HAVE to try this EASY cornstarch slime made from gummy worms! This gummy slime is perfect for an insect theme, bug theme, or halloween activity for kids! Your kids will love that this recipe makes edible slime that is fun to play and taste. Use this halloween slime and worm activity for kids from toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th graders too.
Slime is fun to play with, great for strengthening little hands, and it is a CHEAP sensory material. It costs very little to make, especially when you start buying the supplies in the first place. This cornstarch slime is even less expensive than others we have tried, it’s all ingredients you probably have in your kitchen plus gummy worms or gummy bears AND it doesn’t include borax. My toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grad4 students LOVE that this edible slime is a simple-to-make, taste safe slime. Kids will squal with delight when they see how you make gummy slime filled with gummy worm candies! Whether you make this as a halloween slime or a halloween activity for kids this is perfect for October. This insect activity for kids is also perfect for your next bug theme with your little explorer who loves to look for spring and summer worms in the garden or after it rains!
The slime craze. We’ve made so many different types of slime from 2 ingredient WOW Slime, red hot slime, beach sand slime, and even a Monster’s Inc. inspired slime. But does it get old? Nope. Slime never gets old. If your kids are like mine, slime is almost like this mysterious substance that brings so much excitement and wonder. This new Gummy Slime that we made this week is no different. It is super fun to make and obviously play with. This edible slime recipe is sure to please.
Edible Slime Recipe
- 1 Package Of Gummy Worms ( About 1 Cup of Gummy Bears )
- 3-4 TBS Cornstarch
- 3-4 TBS Powdered Sugar
- 1 TBS Coconut Oil (Optional)
We were able to find everything, except coconut oil, at the dollar store. So if you don’t have all the ingredients on hand, head to the dollar store!
Slime recipe cornstarch
Start by putting the gummy bears in a microwave safe bowl and microwaving for only about 25 seconds.
Once it’s out of the microwave it should be melted and sticky.
Halloween activity for kids
Add the powdered sugar, cornstarch and coconut oil. I started with only 2 TBS of each of the cornstarch and powdered sugar. I stirred that together and it was still sticky. So we added more. My daughter enjoyed this stirring and mixing part!
Worm Activities for kids
We added more of the powders until the slime no longer stuck to my fingers. I made sure that the powdered sugar and corn starch that were added were in equal amounts to each other.
Once the slime was the consistency we wanted (not sticking to everything and anything) we had a ball.
The consistency is thicker than most other slime recipes that we have made. It was almost silky like homemade play dough can be, but it was definitely stretchier than play dough!
As we pulled it and played with it, all I kept thinking about was watching people make salt water taffy at the fair I attended annually as a child. I didn’t taste it, but it might even taste like salt water taffy. But you’ll have to make it and see.
Worm Activities for kids
Did you know there are benefits to playing with slime? Slime is not just stretchy goop that is fun to play with. Slime is a fantastic sensory experience. It can help children with exploration skills, visual skills as well as texture & consistency awareness. Plus it’s helpful for practicing cooking skills such as mixing, measuring and following directions.
You must try this EASY cornstarch slime made from gummy worms! This gummy slime is perfect for an insect theme or halloween activity for kids!
- Peek-a-Bug Insect Alphabet Printable, ABC Ladybug Activities for Preschoolers, free Bug Free printable sight word games
- I is for Inchworm insect activities, stamped Potato Bee Craft, cute Spider Name Craft
- Firefly Preschool Counting Worksheets, gummy worm Edible Slime, hands-on Spiders Activities for Preschoolers
- Quick-and-Easy Spider Slime, All About Earthworm Life Cycle Worksheets, Insect Printables for Preschoolers 1-10
- Ladybug Life Cycle Worksheets, bug color by blend worksheets, count to 20 activity
- Free printable Life Cycle of a Spider for Kids, Ladybug Life cycle for Kids, life cycle of a Mosquito Printables
- Free Bee Counting Game, lots of hands-on Free Insect Activities for Preschoolers, Bee and Insect Theme Preschool
- SUPER cute Spider math activities for preschoolers with Playdough Mats, Alphabet Free Insect Printables
- Fun, Insect Telling Time Puzzles, catch 20 Bug Counting Activity, Ladybug Addition math game
- Bug free printable sight word books pdf – color, cut, & paste sentences or simple Bug Coloring Pages for kids
- Shape Spider Worksheets Preschool and Kindergarten, Insect Worksheets to learn about lots of different bugs
- Learn about ant activities for preschoolers and buzzing bees Numbers 1-12 Worksheets
- Bug Math Worksheets, color by blend worksheet, bug Counting Bugs Worksheet
- Bugs Preschool Measurement Worksheets, count and clip bugs Counting to 30 Worksheets
- Bug I Spy Printables pdf, bee CVC Words Activity, bug theme Find the letter worksheets pdf
- FUN Backyard Critter Bug Worksheets for Kindergarten, ladybug Counting Mats
- Silly Worm Count to 10 Sticker Worksheets and Free Printable Insect Mini Book
- Hands-on Spider Shape Activities for Preschoolers and Educational Insect Coloring Pages pdf
- Insect free printable name recognition activities plus bug books for preschool
- Free worksheets pack with Insect math activities for preschoolers
Looking for more fun-to-make easy slime recipes? You’ve got to try these slime recipes for kids:
- Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime or EPIC magnetic slime science project
- Cheery yellow baking soda slime , fun-to-play-with Ocean Slime or Slime Construction Activities for Preschoolers
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime , dish soap white slime, or our go to recipe – WOW 2 ingredient slime
- Super Simple Sand Beach Slime and patriotic red white and blue slime
- Fluffy green apple slime, yellow apple slime, shinny red apple pie slime, cool pumpkin slime, or fluffy turkey thanksgiving slime
- Watermelon Slime FUN for Kids or Puffy Watermelon Slime Recipe
- Green St Patricks Day Slime, Gold Slime Pot of Gold Activity, and leprechaun slime
- Frozen Blue Slime
- No-stick gingerbread slime, perfect Christmas slime, mr grinch slime
- Melting snowman slime, shimmery snow slime, pretty pink valentine’s day slime, purple valentine slime, red hot valentines day slime
- EASY Green Slime Recipe with Contact Solution,
- Fluffy gummy worms edible slime, Edible, Gummy Bear Slime or edible Chocolate Slime,
- Monsters Inc Slime with a zillion googly eyes, or fluffy Unicorn Slime